Tree of Savior Forum

We can report bots now, but do we get some compensation?

As long as I see less bots, the market doesnt become super inflated; ill be happy. Dont need any reward. A notice bot#1 was banned would be satisfying, but is unneeded.

1 Like

And so the bot wars started. :smiley:

A Message or notice would be enough for me, I like the game and I want it bot free, I’m satisfied with them gone.

1 Like

No no no! NO SILVER REWARDS!
You want to create another way to farm silver for them?! Duh…

Getting them banned is good enough for me.

Lol @ this thread

You folks complain about bots all week and then complain further when IMC gives you the ability to help them remove bots. Ridiculous

1 Like

It’s probably only because of this news post:

That’s why people are wondering about it.

That’s why the on-screen message is an interesting option.

(inb4 bots made to report other bots in order to farm faster)

Are you a child? Sounds like it.

No one wants anything but a botfree server I’m sure. I don’t want handouts.

Dota 2 does this and gives you feedback. And I love it.

You get limited reports that refill, but if you report someone deserving of punishment, and they do get punished, you get your report back along with a friendly message saying someone got punished because of you and thanking you for helping make it a friendlier place.

Great stuff.

the “reward” you get is a cleaner world. how about that? kids today are so greedy and feel they should be awarded for everything, even those that benefit themselves. it’s sickening

That’s actually interesting. It could work by increasing the number of reports from effective players. How quickly do they process those reports btw?

@NotSoAccurateNo1
As for a more “monetarily significant” reward, it will likely not promote reporting behavior. Rewards have to come soon after the act is done to promote itself (preferably immediately). If it takes them a week to process the report and ban the bot, they’re going to have to give a very substantial (perhaps unfairly so) reward for it to cause any behavioral change with that kind of delay.

I.E. You sell an item for a high price on the marketboard. It is rewarding to get the message and you feel encouraged to go farm some more to get more of the item to sell. It feels less rewarding if the message and Silver arrives 48 hours later.

I say give 5 Silver for each bot ban so those people wanting the compensation get soemthing in exchange of his click =)

1 Like

Making the game better is the best reward

Rewards can be a good bribe to make people move or feel more motivated? You can see this method on real life, so i also think it is good if there are some rewards but not through silver. Maybe achievement or exp tome.

First, you are not obligated to report bot, so it’s not a job but rather voluntary activities. The reward? Making you game better by kicking bots ass. I am happy to do this all day.

Second, any of you ever consider how bot can abuse this reward system? 5 silver sounds legit, anything higher than that will be abused. Perhaps an achievement for correctly reporting bot?

EDIT: second thought, perhaps having bots reporting bot is good for the game… However my point is don’t let this system becomes a way of earning silver. If it is the market inflation gonna hit like a ■■■■ storm.

Just report the bot and move on. Stop being so entitled to free items for putting out zero effort.

2 Likes

I saw a bot last night and reported it because I felt it was right. I don’t think we need a reward for that. It’s not very taxing and we, the players, want the game to be better, so we’ll do it regardless. Are players going to let bots do their thing when they are stealing their mobs? I wasn’t even farming in the map I was in, I just ran by one.

Come on, we reeeeally don’t need a reward for a common decency.

…Getting 10k silver… people would go nuts on reporting bots.
And onyl the first report would count…

xD

Why hire gm’s… let begginers do the job for free.

rings the bell

THE HUNT IS OPEN!!

What if botters decide to report their own bots (that they can make infinitely more of)?

1 Like

Guys, let this thread die. I just wanted to know if we could get a message or a notification when an actual bot has been banned. I’m flagging MY OWN THREAD to be closed to stop you from calling people entitled or other bullshit. I do not want items, I DO NOT ASK FOR COMPENSATION FOR DOING SOMEONE’S JOB, I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF WE CAN GET A MESSAGE WHEN WE DO IT RIGHT.

1 Like