Tree of Savior Forum

We can report bots now, but do we get some compensation?

I was talking to a friend about reporting bots and he mentioned if we would get some compensation for reporting the bot. A small message upon login or a mail would’ve be nice.

“A player you have reported for bot using has been punished. Thanks for helping us making this game more enjoyable.” I only can dream.

Edit: You guys are a disgusting. If you even red the OP you’d look that I asked for a private message as a prize for reporting bots, not for silver or TP items. Now people are calling other entitled and showing how great they are by doing what’s right and not asking for anything. Yeah, you are the perfect player, we get it. Hope this thread is closed soon enough and my headache to be gone.

1 Like

We most provably won’t get it right away.
I imagine they will check report, confirm the reported bot is a bot and then award people something. It might take a while for that to happen since there will be TONS of bot reports, specially in these first days of the feature being implemented.

:slight_smile:

Same thing as placing a bounty on bots. Give players who provided a report 10,000 silver per bot reported.

1 Like

maby only give silver if and when the bot gets banned

Well, we will get a much better game without these bots

Not sure why people feel entitled to get something in return for making their quality of gaming experience better.

Reward: How about the self satisfaction of getting someone’ account banned for botting and not having to deal with that particular bot screwing ToS anymore.

22 Likes

why should we have to do the policing job for their game, that should be their job, especially people who payed to play the game…

Think were getting a bit too entitled here.
Its not like we have to fill up a written form or record a video to report bots.
Such a hassle free way of reporting does not warrant a need for compensation.

they will ban bots and all players that bought from goldsellers, once ppl start getting banned in their steam accounts (they probably will wait a bit so the player can lvl up and lose a lot) i hope the bots and golsellers numbers go down =)

They already said they were going to reward players who successfully report bots. They certainly didn’t need to do this at all, but they said they would.
Likewise, those who abuse said system are getting punished.

That’s the interpretation I took anyway, it’s extremely generous

10,000 silver a bot would wreck the economy there are so many haha :smiley: … wait that actually sad :cry:

takes 0.5 seconds to press “Report bot” and players need a carrot to do it.
■■■■■■■ lol.

7 Likes

Suggested Reward: The top 100 players who reported the highest number of bots (after GM verification) each month would be rewarded 1000*(# Bots reported/#players reported this bot) amount of silver

and if you made over 30 false reports, you will not be able to enter the monthly reward this and the following month

:stuck_out_tongue:
just my two cents

i thought the exact same thing. This feature is to help making the game better for everyone, what do you expect to receive, besides the cleansing your own game from filthy bots?

1 Like

Hey, random question. But did you play RO under the name OneWingedBladen?

I just hope it’s something account / character bound.
Or else gold sellers could start creating and reporting their own bots for profit powered by GMs. :wink:

Man, ya’ll can’t be flippin’ satisfied about any damn thing.

Rewards for reporting bots would be… oddly, likely abused by bot makers themselves.

Imagine the 10k silver example. Someone spam creates bots, they run around the starting area for a couple minutes, an “active player” stands there and reports all of them that he sees… via script lol

Or the RMT makes bots and brings them to a specific map to let a certain person see and report them for a taxless, grindless transaction =P

We all want to be bounty hunters right now. Hell this morning I spent 2 hours just warping to maps specifically to hunt down and report bots I found. Nothing appeared to have changed though; the bots still ran around and killed things for as long as I watched them. It isn’t unreasonable to think someone would be content with acting as a guardian and chilling out in starter areas to report them and nip them in the bud.

If there is a reward there would have to be a daily/weekly cap of some kind. Even then though I’m sure it would manage to be abused in some fashion =P I’m content to know I’m making the game slightly better with every report. However I agree that some kind of notification at least to let us know “hey, we looked into your report, good job!” would be nice. So we at least are made aware of how our reports are helping.

1 Like

This is a joke right? You want compensation for being a good person? Are you kidding me?

Stop being entitled if you don’t want to report the bots then don’t. But do not cry about it.

2 Likes

you get an arde dagger for each bot you report

1 Like