Tree of Savior Forum

Warlock with no Elementalist

I’m quite new to the mages overall. I don’t play any mages of any kind in any game, tbh. But they got my attention here on ToS.

I really liked the Warlock design, costume, skills, lore, everything about’em. But I could only find Elementalist - Warlock builds for them. I don’t really like Elem. and besides Meteor, their skills look like a joke to me.

Is there any other optimized build that includes Warlock c3? We may even talk about the Re:Build if that’s more fitting for the class.

If there’s any debuff/curse/dot focused non-necro-wizard that combos well with warlock I’d appreciate.
Thanks!

Going into Re:Build I would try to make a Dark based mage with Bokor, Warlock and Shadowmancer.
You can combine Pyro with Warlock as well as Pole of Agony and Fire Pillar compliment each other well.
Warlock + Sorcerer can be thematically interesting if that is your thing.

These are just off the top of my head though.

I used to be Pyor3> Warlock3. It’s actually fun.

1 Like

I believe Pool of Agony doesn’t cc so Fire Pillar is a nice help there.

yep. exactly hahaha.

Don’t forget they nerfed Fire Pillar (as well as just about every skills) by increasing cd a fk ton. Pyro was a low rank class so it was a low damage class with low cd. Now that it lost its low cd, if you want DPS better off with other classes. If you want CC, better off with Cryo or Kino.

Not even sure why they increased the CD that much. They will run into the same problem as in the past, that most players won’t use the garbage Fireball animation and don’t play Pyro anymore. This forcing the player onto Fireball is just stupid, the casting animation and the fact that its mostly Melee makes the spell so useless. Well, I use it, but there isn’t anything else to use.
They should return to the Multi Hit Style and add an attribute for the 1 Hit Style all while making the Animation faster. It seems weird to face tank as a Wizard just because you cast a spell with long animation, it is not even “cast time”.

The cooldown topic is right though, they made Prominence a 1 minute cooldown. At least make it hit hard if the cooldown is that long.

1 Like

yea ikr that fireball cooldown… it’s already a near garbage filler and now they doubled the cd for no reason lol. It’s not as if it returned to the old fireball. Flame ground was already meh but had short cd but not anymore, Meteor got nerfed too. Fire Pillar with that cooldown… might as well go Cryo.

Edit: apparently there’s a stormdust fireball combo… so I guess pyro goes well with ele.

Of course it goes well with Elementalist as it offers the new Element Buff that increases damage as well as the Fire explosion splash attribute.
What kind of Combo could that be? Some kind of Dust explosion?

from the video I’ve seen, it acts like kino’s pp on fireballs.

This part I dont understand. I have been dealing a crap ton more damage as a Pyromancer with Agny compared to my Ele skills. (Pyro>thauma>WL rerolled to Pyro>thauma>ele)

Fire pillar was reaching around 30-40k dmg per hit at only 6k MATK.

When Re:Build hits classes will have a more similar level so you can basically pick Warlock with whatever you want

Pyro-Warlock works very similarly in some skills
Flame ground - mastema
Pole of Agony - Fire Pillar

You can go Warlock - Cryo - Kino for more control
Or Warlock-Pyro-Sage for more damage
Even Warlock-Shadowmancer-Bokor as someone said before

There are indeed many possibilities now and you can pick based on the way you like to play the game, since there isn’t low rank and high rank classes anymore

Just pick what you have fun with

You will notice Agny much more now as it gives 50% Attack to each Pyro spell. Goes for all the other necklaces as well. Due to every spell getting nerfed you notice the 50% more attack a lot, especially on things that have multiple hits.
At the same time, if you have the Elementalist Buff on that means you do 100% more damage against Ice monster. Look at this, you have 6k MATK, Fire Pillar does like 130% each hit, + 50% now we are almost at 200%, then you add the 100% damage and maybe a crit.
We don’t know yet if each hit counts as its own or if the first crits every other will as well.

Is that a plan or is that already implemented in ktos? I just watched a pyro gamep-lay in youtube dated yesterday. FP cd appears to be 45 secs and fireball at 15 sec mark after ?5 overheat…

it’s the ktest, not sure if it’s in ktos. You can also see the skills here https://tos.guru/ktest/simulator
Pretty much a cd increase for all the pyro skills.

I was talking about pre- Re:build haha

Shouldn’t that be even more possible before Re:Build? Higher damage scaling, some good weapon, Agny and a monster weak against fire.

I’ve seen a few Pyro + Sorc + FF, comboing around the summon.
The damage looks nice, and if you can ride the summon to throw a couple of skills then you can have no cd. Just crap skills to throw tho.

But the pyro damage is looking okay to good anyway.

Certainly, depending on the Summoner class there are a lot of combinations to fill out a rotation. =)
Necromancer need to apply their debuff as well as summon skeletons, Bokor can use their debuff skills as well and Sorcerer has Debuff skills and Riding. You just need to find the combination that works for you.

Yeah, I was thinking on Bokor (the no-zombies build we have atm) + Sorc + Warlock, but I can’t find anyvideos on that.
Pyro imo is ‘meh’ and necro… well, if I’m a room with a necromancer and if I have one gun and two bullets, I’d shoot up twice and beat the hell out of him up because that’s how you deal with necros.