Tree of Savior Forum

Warlock Circles and Skill build for PVP and PVE

As the title says i’m looking for a warlock build that scales well in PvP and PVE.
Was thinking on going with this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/sgmzp12zhx/
Would appreciate if more tips were given :slight_smile:

@ookamine23
Its an ok build. You can do a lot more damage by just dropping linker and cryomancer and going to wiz3 instead. There’s a buff that increases cast speed by 50% and an attribute that increases magic damage by 50%. That 50% gives you a lot more damage and has a 100% uptime as compared to the situational and long cooldown combo of freeze-electrocute.

There are also some questionable parts in it like completely ignoring certain elementalist skills. Even if they’re not good enough to max, at least 1 point should still be put in to give you more damage options.

If you’re interested, this is the common wiz3->ele3->warlock build

If you really want some synergy with warlock I suggest going sorceror 1 at rank 5 or 6. They have a buff that not only increases the number of enemies you can hit with your skills but also but also increases the dark damage (which is what warlock uses) you deal among other things.

A friend of mine is looking into wiz3 - ele3 - lock. Do you happen to know if spirits summoned with [invocation] can be thrown by [evil sacrifice]?

Not 100% sure but I’m quite confident.

Also does [invocation] require YOU kill? See, [double pay earn] from the doppelseoldner allows party kills to trigger its effect.

Sorry not too sure about that.

Evil sacrifice directs all spirits from both Dark Surge and Invocation. As long as they were summoned by you. Its a Vendetta-like skill (not yet sure if it treats a kill as yours if you deal the most damage).

Yes, Invocation is not shared with party members! Spiritual Chain wont share it either.

Been having a hard time finding if Invocation can be extended to your summons. Honestly doesn’t seem likely.

Any idea whether psycho pressure interacts with the spirits though?

I hope the only tag required is damage, not most damage or kill, just damage. Cuz it would be [fireball] all over again. I imagine not being able to use [invocation] from not getting majority damage or killing blows.

2 Likes

@nacochip Nahh you wont see little bits of evil spirit flying everywhere if thats what you were hoping for xD. I dont think they inherit any of the fireball mechanics at all. Pretty much static until something touches them, you direct them with sacrifice, or they vanish.

@c2gaming Me too. Even majority damage would be better than nothing c’mon guis.

I wish there was more technical info around the forums on warlock.

That’s terrible :frowning: I has hoping to get a bit more use out of them. From the video’s I’ve seen on tosbase the spirits created by invocation have a very short shelf life and sacrifice has a 2-3s cast time. This means that if I don’t cast my sacrifice around the time when the spirits are first created there’s a high chance they’ll disappear partway through.

Or am I completely (and happily) wrong on this? :smiley:

Noted. Also would like to as how would you recommend me to up my stats? Do i go some con and then rest spr split with int? or Some con then pure int.

You can do a int/con/spr split or just int/con. Its really up to what you prefer. Personally I’d just ignore spr and use pots to solve any sp issues.

If you’d like something to go by though I’ve seen quite a few people recommending a 3/1 int/con split. I myself am planning to go with that ratio on whatever caster I pick up. If you want to see how these stats work out you can always use the stat calculator on tosbase.

1 Like

@Arkova

Do you know if bonus for the dark element attribute works on dark summons?

Also if you find out about invocation please tell me :stuck_out_tongue:

Not even sure the summon itself is dark type. The fact that the skill itself is dark doesn’t necessarily mean the attacks the summon uses will be? We’re starting to make a lot of assumptions when what we need are more warlock vids. Like really demonstrating skill mechanics instead of showing off in lowbie dungeons :upside_down:

@invocation Haha…yeah likewise.

http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Warlock/ they are dark type skills

That might not be the case. That 2-3 sec could just be the “window” for aiming the skill like [sleep] and [lethargy] before you are forced to “fire” the skill.

Would be great if that’s the case. Guess the only way to know for sure is to test it in game once the servers open. Going to be a long time from now if you include leveling lol.

Can anyone explain [mastema]. My understanding is that it is a taunt that deals damage. Why?

So my friend shared me this build which is kinda similar to the 1 nacochip showed me but without reflection. So would it hinder my survivability greatly?