Tree of Savior Forum

Warlock C2 Build for Elememe!

Hi gaiz,

I would like to get your opinion on how I should allocate my skill points when Rank 8 finally arrive.
My current build is W3>El3>War1 and i’m planning to continue to War2 at rank 8.

With War1 my skill allocation is as follows:

Dark Theurge: 5
Invocation: 5
Command Spirit (cant alt tab, forgot the name): 1
Pole of Agony: 1
3 spare skill points

I already have 1 pole of agony and 3 skill points left.
I created a simulation through tosbase for War2, please me know your thoughts.

I was thinking of rerolling to Kino3 but can’t decide yet. For now, I’ll prolly stick with my PVE Elem.

In my opinion, Invocation only need 1 point, Pole 5, Dark Theurge 5, and the skill you forget the name is Evil Sacrifice 1 point, keep the rest for circle 2, may be at circle 2 Mastera need 1 point

Invocation when leveled increases the power (hits) of summoned spirits. It will also unlock an attribute that will increase my dark damage by 30%… You think it’s not good?

With mastema, i heard there’s an attribute that’ll improve it… I have yet to see it though.

with rank 8 on its way I really thnk mastema is better than invocation now because of its new attribute…

It is in the vid collection. Here you go.

I think Invocation should be lvl 9, have more hit count than lvl 8

To me Elememes should drop Warlock C1, take other AoE damage rank on C7 and take Sage for a defensive spell much better than Dark Theurge.

Warlock is single target class, Elememe is AoE, DPS-Wise even PYRO C1 could outdamage Warlock without Linker on a Elememe build (FC + FG = 13 hits every 3 seconds)

3 Likes

well as an elememe here is what i think will be the optimal build

Why you will ask ?

Well matesma imo is our second best aoe damage spell now. Plus it has a nice debuff for party
Invocation , that i am not sure but, i was told the invocation stuff on the ground scale with the level of invoc skill, add to that the new special one that deals damage ban more aoe damage (sort of)
dark turge, is just a must have end of story

Now drain is atm a ■■■■ skill, and will still remain a ■■■■ skill. The only stuff it does is pure utility. the only thing that would be decent is the fact that it reduce DT cd, but atm maybe i am wrong but at max lvl it lowers the cd by 3.5sec… WOOP WOOP

So the question that remains is sabbath.
There is not enough info tho.
The added damage is nice IF it applies to all ticks of DT. If thats the case then you can look at a 20k tick.
Second from the video it looks like you can pick up the invocation off the ground, do they stay after the 5sec ? does anyone know the answer, because if yes that could be super great and a very good one point wonder (that is why i put one point on it).
But realisticly if it only adds damage… well unless you run linker thats a good single target skill. but lets face it with dragoon2 and fencer stuff, well might aswell say ok lets try to do aoe.

Side question

Why do people think that elememe is a dying cass now that rank 8 is here? Is it because frost cloud just doesn’t compare to the new R8 skills? Are the warlock skills really that bad?

May be they are jealous with elememe so they want elememe die as soon as posible but they dont :joy::joy::joy:

‘-’ :confounded: , so this is ur only choice for a good build to elememe?

9 Stone curse than meteor :banana:

Stone curse is not a good skill (small area to focus target)… maybe usefull to pvp, but in a pvp build with element ( full dps class = no protection to pvp) without sage (mostly for blink / magic & missile shield) is not a smart decision :kissing:

Honestly it was predictable, damage skills pretty consistently fall off after 2-3 ranks and warlock has 0 synergy with the rest of the build (aoe vs single). Also, warlock were always going to be tuned for linker builds, all but guaranteeing that it would be underwhelming for any non-linker. There’s RC, but it’s not that attractive for a non-cryo.

That said, the build is hardly dead although I think Sage is almost a must-pick for elememe. Yes sage damage is underwhelming in comparison to wiz @ R7, but that’s because it’s a dps/support hybrid class. The team damage potential for Ultimate Dimension is quite high and Missile Hole is extremely useful for both PvE and PvP. I suspect you can duplicate invocation spirits (maybe even DT) since you can duplicate bats, but I haven’t seen a video of this yet. Basically, there’s plenty to be gained by going Sage just not a lot of direct damage input.

The build is being forced to add some support to it’s DPS, just like every other Wiz DPS build out there. I think it’s a healthy choice by IMC. If we had gotten a pure aoe dps class at R8, elememe would continue to be the only competitive endgame dps wizard build.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s not just elementalist - it’s basically any magic class.

They started throwing exaggerated damage multipliers for just about every damage type except magic: Barb1 (50% slash), Rode3 (200% strike), Murmillo (50% strike), Dragoon2 (100% melee), Doppel3 (50% slash), Fencer3 (+100~160% crit damage), Taoist (50% melee), Musk2 (100% physical or missile, not sure which one yet), Lethargy (100% strike), Monk (50%? Strike), Falconer (75% chance for physical attacks to hit twice).

Meanwhile magic has quickcast and can’t crit. You’re still gonna be able to kill mobs fine if you have a linker, but you can pretty much forget about ever ranking on world bosses if things stay as they are - you already couldn’t come close to Fletchers before and now there’s at least 3 classes above that and with the right setup, many more on its level.

i actully atm have the standar meteor lel, but lets be real, at rank 8 it’s gonna be super dog ■■■■…
So might aswell go for utillity skill, in fact the reality is hail is gonna be good but only for the freezing and electrocute… well unusable.

We must face it when the patch hits the only last good skill on all the elemental tree is gonna be frost cloud, so might aswell go for utility.

Yes Elementalist is the new Pyro. But let’s not forget Elementalist is garbage without C3 so Warlock can also be super beast at C3. Pole Agony alone at lv 15 is pretty beast if you look at the numbers. But the only problem with Warlock is that all the damage spells have small AoE and casts at melee range. I always knew Elementalist would fall off as more ranks are introduced. One of the reasons why I have 4 wizards with completely different builds at rank 6 or above and making new again. That’s not counting archer and clerics I have as well. This game since there is no class reset there is no such thing as future proof meta build. This game it’s so important to play the build you like and not what’s the meta.

Yeah the power creep was… way over what i expected.
I mean i am glad that the game shows love to meele class. But overall the power creep is a bit too much, because the mob are made on that power creep. So yeah i was expecting elememe to fall but not that hard, and not so quick…

The sad reallity for damage oriented mages is that there will be only ONE option and a slight variation of that option:
wiz3 > link3 > wl2
wiz3 > link2 > necro3

it’s the only ones all the rest are utility base build either cc or buff (and please dont say featherfoot because BRUH). I mean utility is good, but come on we have only ONE option for dps…

the new pyro… darn that his hard, but kinda true
as for pole of agonie :

Lets do some easy math here:

Pole of Agony hits 3 times per second
Pole of Agony Lv1. hits 36 times (with Duration attribute)
= (Char.Atk + 586) x 36
Pole of Agony Lv.10 hits 63 times (with Duration attribute)
= (Char.Atk + 1864) x 63

so max pole gives 117432 damage on a 2min cd and the most shitty aoe size in this galaxie, thank god maintain exist for that skill…

Mastema with attribute hits once, then hits 12 times but weaker (looks like 60% of initial damage)
So if those 12 hits are only dealing 60%, then they’d be equal to 7.2 full hits.
And then we add the initial hit: we get an 8.2 multiplier
Level 2 Mastema
= (Char.Atk + 1335) x 8.2
Level 10 Mastema
= (Char.Atk + 3279) x 8.2

Max matesma gives 26888 with a 37cd decent aoe size and the new debuff. Plus it’s actully not a ground skill so you dont care if the mob stays in the aoe or stuff (very nice for boss, freaking golem rolling out of frost cloud).

So now if we compare dps on the skillz
120/37 = 3.2
26888*3.2 = 86041
117432-86041 = 31391

So you gain 31391 damage by maxing pole over matesma.

Now lets analyse this, in pure terme of dps, the way you can see it is:
31391/26888 = 1.1

Now the way i see it is… pole is a super bad skill… like really, the only good use for pole is either you have linker, or you use it for bosses. Because in farming session the aoe sucks so much it’s unusable.

I personnaly think as an elememe i am gonna ditch pole for matesma.

@guigs_1999

Necro > Sage gives you more damage than Warlock 2 as an Ele 3.

As a class that does not use Linker, even Flame Ground or Summoning can outdps Mastema to be honest.

@guigs_1999

Wiz 3 > Linker 1 > Sorc 2 > Warlock 2 perhaps?

Linker 1 is enough considering you have Divine Might on any Cleric 2 you find (or Dandel Gem if you want to Solo this game).