Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Pyromancer Thread

Thread has been updated with some Gameplay!
Hope you guys like it and sorry for the delay, had some sound sync issues, all good now :slight_smile:

I did not find it because I always understood Elementarist as a class based on positioning. I always stay at safe distances. Hail has a faster cast as well as electrocute. This makes it much easier. I use Meteor level 5 which already gives a great area with cast of 2.5 sec. The difference between having Surespell and not having it is only that without it, it is necessary to play more as a Mage and less as a tanker.

It is important to remember that with this build, there are other damage options besides these two skills. Worrying about casting them becomes less important. Of the two, Hail is the only skill she cares about

When you say that pyro is fine for what it is… Do you mean that its okay to have a class that does things vastly worse than other classes? Even kino 2 feels way more viable than pyro c3…
If you want a reason why pyro is a bad class then understand that in hunting grounds level 270++, your skills are not good at all, you will suffer shitloads of damage when dealing with mobs because you cant kill them fast enough. Its pretty bad if you ask me because why use pyro skills at end game when you have elememe. It just makes players gravitate more towards wiz c3 and thats telling you that pyro skills arent scalling well enough.

This also ■■■■■ a lot of alch builds that use pyro because they have only 2 good offensive skills at endgame and they are alch missile and combustion. Do note that if you want to make those 2 spells good, then run wiz 3/2 linker c2 alc 3, at rank 4 you can run thaum c1.

This is just your theory on how it works. But explain how frost cloud has 0.3s damage interval compared to 0.5s damage interval of fire pillar yet frost cloud does not render mobs imobile like fire pillar?

1 Like

I never said i had solid evidence that what i said about it was EXACTLY right.
Was a bit of conversation and what i gathered from it…

But if you want to think about it, early spells (things that were implemented in the early stages of the game), act differently form newer ones, i guess its a coding things, not the same formula etc…

I remember being killed by a group of monsters on the early levels that did a fire pillar look alike spell, they used it one after the other and i got “stuck” till i died, now i could be wrong but i believe that wasent intended game play mechanics, if it was, it was a very weak one…

You can see it as you level up, same kind of spells having different interactions with the game mechanics, almost as if they were improved… but hey, just my opinion on it.

Sorry im tired only saw the end of your reply.

Pyro is fine, why are people so hung up on comparing it with other single classes?
See any just Ele3 classes around?
For that matter, do people get to Pyro3 and then not advance to other classes either?

Pyro combined with anything works out just fine.
Well if you just have fire spells in a build then you would struggle if the monsters heal off fire, but thats a problem every element class has…

Saying people are opting for Wiz3 with Ele instead of Pyro, id say its not because Pyro is bad, its because Wiz3 synergies well with Ele, a lot more then Pyro, my opinion its an obvious choice.

I dont know what to tell you, for me the class is fine, i skipped the OP everyone has a pyro stage, i played mine for a long time and all i remember from it is that it was dull and boring with its long cooldowns, now i find it a lot of fun.

i just used to be able to do Earth tower with pyro as main DPS without elememe pre patch. I doubt pyros can do that anymore after this patch. It was nice to see a different wizard on the team get top dps at ET 15f but I geuss only my cryo c3 kino c3 RC can do that now.

Reason why you felt it was dull was due to its low damage before agny and you were fighting mobs with 300k hp while doing 1k damage ber fireball tick.

Pyro is basically garbage now

1 Like

I dunno, I used to nuke all bosses in siaulai missions in just a few seconds before the patch, so it didn’t even mattered what other skills I had learned.

Now, I still can solo the mission, and it takes longer, but a lot faster than without agny pre-patch, in fact, it’s even funnier since I also get to use all other pyromancer skills in combo, searching for weak spots in the boss movement to have free access to damage without being knocked off.

2 Likes

How long does a level 15 electrocute and Hail cast for??
Do you think it will be worth switching a WL2 for an Ele2? Or would WL offer more DPS?

Hi, I was thinking of trying a pyro-ff for fun. Good enough to solo

Would this be a good choice

Wiz1>pyro3>thama2>FF2

My friend…

Your post is the breath of fresh air this thread needed, something everyone should read and take as example.

@Kinase Thank you! :slight_smile:

Seems like a solid build to me bud, no harm in trying it :slight_smile:
Only thing id change is Thaum for Linker if your gonna solo multi target content.
If your thinking about Siaulai mission or just pure boss killing then stick with Thaum for the extra damage kick.

Im currently testing this build too. my question is why not maxing meteor instead of going for 10 points in prominence. the rng is not so good in my opinion

what about this build —> wiz>pyro c2>linker>sorc c2>necro c2 … better than —> wiz>cryo c3>sorc c2>necro c2 ? i mean for more dmg
( sry for my bad english … still learning :innocent: )

Your English is just fine :slight_smile:

The problem with Pyro and pets is that wen you have a lot of summons tanking monsters in place, some times it can make it hard to kite them into your pyro spells, not all the time tho so if you want to try it go for it :slight_smile:

Now for linker, its not something i recommend at just one circle, going pyro c3 will increase your overall damage a lot better then having one circle of Linker.

Is it because FF lack aoe? Are FF skills mostly single target?

Really if damage/equipment is your concern, Thauma is your solution, even I can say Swell buffs are basically your new Agni to all Wizards provided you get INT as your major stats… C1 is enough for just 1 rank sacrifice…

IDK what are you doing cuz i am going everyday in HG 315 with my pyrelelock and i dont have any problem. On the contrary, I am usually the party’s main damage dealer

Frost Cloud remains one of the best skills of the Elementarist due to the DPS factor. Hail is a skill with impressive damage now and its duration is scaled to the skill level. Eletrocute gains more targets according to his lvl, reaching the limit in 14. In summary, Elementarist explores all his potential in Ranking 3. The cast of Eletrocute and Hail is around 3 to 4 sec. I do not remember.

As for Warlock, despite the nerf of Dark Theurge, Mastema remains an impressive skill, and there is a planned change to Pole of Agony, increasing AoE, damage, lowering the CD and making it a ranged skill.

Maximizing Meteor without Quick Cast is tricky. The level 5 skill already has a shallow damage and a quick cast. Proeminence was included in the build because with a good weapon, it has a high damage and also activates the elementarist attribute achieved with pyro 2 if the monster dies.

1 Like

Linker simply goes well with FF.
Wen dealing with multi targets having linker is always the best choice.
If im not mistaken FF has both AoE and single target spells, or rather very small AoE hitboxes.

freezing sphere, hail, Frost cloud and mastema out damage pyro skills and are your main sources of damage.
You used to be able to do much better at lvl 320+ maps with pyro as your main source of dps. The problem with pyro now is that it isnt able to compete with an elementalist alone as it used to. If pyro or cryo cant do it, then build choices just got narrower eg. pyro 3 sorc 3 sage used to be good, pyro 3 linker 3 sage could do ET as main dps without elememe because the damage was competative.
The strength of pyro when agny was strong made builds more diverse and not need elementalist circles to be good.
I assure you that when rank 9 comes, players will go wiz3 ele3 alch 3. Pyro will be a dead choice as wiz 3 ele 3 X3 will be the new meta and for pyro to be X? People would much rather pick cryo, necro, sorc, thaum because they provide more utility and are more damage than pyro, especially thaum c3 can give you +2k Magic attack from its buffs.