Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Necromancer Thread

What the hell?! Magicbiscuit is right, Minions indeed DO NOT scale with magic attack… I just got classicaly IMC’ed… :unamused:

I thought the ‘35% add. attack’ means they get 35% of my magic attack (physical attack has no influence either, I tested it because I thought maybe they messed up hard again…)

What is the tooltip actually talking about then? Percentage bonus on thier own damage? Bonus scaling from Spr? Just a false tooltip again? Does anyone know?

I am sorry for any misinformation I may have caused because of this :weary:

@octane With a lv10 Glackuman card my shoggoth deals roughly the damage of two skeletons maybe a bit less but can aoe somewhat. So it is no Templeshooter or something but nice to have in my opinion

ohh nice so they’re worth it for a pure SPR build, is glackuman the best card for damage shogoth? its kinda expensive now

I’m trying to choose between two high spr builds.
Cryo3-sorc1-necro3 or pyro1-kino3-necro3

Cryo-sorc has two more pets, and freeze… But the pyro-kino has enchant fire and more avaliable Cc… Gravity pole and raise wreck havoc with elite mobs in HG’s

Thoughts anyone, I enjoy both play styles about the same?

There’s any incomng nerfs for Necro skeletons? For those afk farmers in dinabee and similar maps…

@octane As far as I know the damage difference is negliable between the mutant cards for shoggoth. Get a cheap Golem or Mineloader card and you are good to go.

@Xaost I would suggest cryo1 if you are going for kino3. Enchant fire is nice but does not effect your minions and Icewall/Psychic Pressure really helps killing bosses while rod mastery gives you some ice property attack, if you plan to use a rod

I was a cryo1-kino3-necro2 before the patch, I liked it for leveling but found the ice wall +pp damage became rather weak post 250,since you only have 5 Ice wall… Enchant fire gives more to a party and I kinda like the fireball /flame ground to flare.
Though as I said I can’t decide between that and a full cryo +sorc version… May have to flip a coin… Or plan another kino build that’s not a necro and play both…

On the tooltip, the %damage it refers to on your summons is their base damage, the damage they do without taking in consideration SPR or Attributes.

Think of it as a natural scale.

If you guys want to see a pet build in action keep an eye on the thread, ill be uploading some more gameplay very soon, id say 10mins.

Yo Biscuit can u help me decide witht what build i will feel more comfortable pve wise w3-thaum2-necro3 as u showed in the 1st post or w1-cryo1-psycho3-necro3? Thanx in advance.

Either of them will do well in pve, the cryo kino one will have more boss killing potential then the thaum one, but it all depends on what you like to play and what feels good for you.

Some builds only work for some people, the Thaum one works fine for me, other people here love the cyo kino one.
So its something i can really help you with bud, it has to be something you would like :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see that pet video, will be a huge help deciding between my two choices. Thank you for all the work you’ve done this event

Thread has been updated with more gameplay!

Here is the video so you wont have to scroll all the way up :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/RZCiMoaisjM

@Magicbiscuit , so I realize that u aren’t with cryo3 build, why keeping this build now? And I’m with doubt u know I’m currently cryo3sorc1necro3, but I wonder , is sorc 2 better than necro3? bc necro3 gives me archies fine… but sorc 2 gives me riding (helgasercle?), which can deal more dmg than archies or am I wrong? in that case I’d go full spr and use a helga card lv 10 with my 5 skellies and my shogoth, plus linker 2 wiz 2 better than cryo 3 for a sorc 2 necro 2? anyway HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME XD

I made this build just to show people a completely focused summon build and for a bit of fun :stuck_out_tongue:
Either sorc1 necro3 or sorc2 necro2, they are bother good in their own way :slight_smile:
It all depends on what you like best, if you like riding then go sorc2, you can always make a new character later :slight_smile:

Cryo3 is still the better option, only reason i wen Link2, is because like i said, just wanted to cement the idea of a pet only build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So i’ve made my mind and took Wiz3 -> Thauma2 -> Necro3 build :grinning:
I think on going 50 Full rest in SPR since now it Scales with Thauma Buffs.
Those who have tested, what you think?

Just FYI, you don’t necessary need to raise your CON if you are going to full SPR. This is because you can use enchanter’s armor shop to get 100+ free CON if you are full SPR at level 330.

This also means you can get 100+ INT free if you are Thauma with transpose. That’s roughly 250 magic attack.

2 Likes

I Always forget Enchant Armor!
Although being Enchanter Depedent, going full SPR might be a good thing for this build!

Hello.

Coming back after my friend told me about re-balance and free class reset.
My old build was Wiz3 > Link1 > Sor1 > Necro (although I haven’t reach Necro3 yet) with full INT build.
I plan on playing high CON (maybe 100+) and the rest into SPR build but still not sure which path to take. The one in my mind is

Wiz1 : starting class, and Reflect Shield
Cryo2 : for Subzero Shield, and some cc I think
Thau1 : Swell Left Arm to make use of my SPR into matk (for damaging spells)
Sor1 : more minions
Necro3 : my final goal

I know it’s too mixed up but I think the combination of Reflect Shield and Subzero Shield will increase survivability, and in case I want more spell damage I can use Swell Left Arm and Tranpose to increase my matk.

I like this game because I can make my own unique build but I still want to make sure that my build will be of use in the long run so I want your opinion first before I go on (I already use rank reset item but haven’t use the card yet.)

Hello there :slight_smile:
Sorry for the late reply but iv had one of them long days :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally id pick Cryo3 over Cryo2 Thaum1.
Reasons being you wont get 100% uptime on your Subzero Shield at just 5/5 and the best part about going Cryo is in circle3 for Frost Pillar.
Thaum1 bring a little bit of Magic Attack to your build but chances are your gonna get a Thaum3 in your group if you do group content :slight_smile: did a couple dungeons today both with a group full of Thaums.

My opinion is that you would sacrifice too much for too little.

Everythings else seems solid :slight_smile:

Now with that said, if you have your heart set on this build by all means go for it, no point playing a chracter you wont like as much as the one you wish you had :slight_smile:
The build will still work, just gonna have a bit of both worlds instead of the best of one of them.

Silent patch nerf for necro? Anyone heard about it?