Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Necromancer Thread

Something like this them? I will get to rank 6 soon and was wondering if I should keep some points from one rank to another to get some skill sooner (like the skeletons)

Necro 1
Flesh Cannon 5
Shoggoth 5
Gather corpse 1
4 points left

Necro 2
Raise dead 5
Flesh cannon 5 -> 10
Disinter 1
Corpse towe 2
6 points left

Necro 3
Archers 5
Flesh cannon 10 -> 15
Flesh strike 5
Dirty pole 5
Flesh hoop 1

Yes you can do that.
Only ones you want to level straight away are Shoggoth, Flesh Cannon, Raise Dead and Archers.
Everything else you can keep at level 1 and rank it up as you level.

1 Like

ok, i grap lv10, ty~

about sorc Summoning,
i remeber this skill will consume sp every sec,
but now i didnt see that on tooltip,
so it was remove or just another tootips missing text issue? LOL

Hey Yashiri! I tested quite some specs around necro (got two rank 8 wizards to mess around) and my favorite by far was definetly wiz1-cryo1-psycho3-necro3 with full spirit!
Here is my curent build, which will stay like that on one of my wizards :slight_smile:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#213444999.253545.152535.1f2f556575.11253f4161718a95a1b5

Cryo1 is really nice for the icewall-pressure combo for another burst skill. Surespell is not needed because of psycho c3 attributes. Iceblast is too weak at level 5 and without frost pillar. I tried to minimalize the number of skills to the really relevant ones because I like to play with a gamepad and buttons are limited. Grinding is really relaxed since you deal good damage while keeping your cc up and there is absolutely no need for sp pots. Elite are immune to stuns but raise, magnetic force and gravity pole works!

Minion damage scales pretty good on a spirit build with a strong weapon. Try to save some silver for a staff or rod (cryo gives you some ice property attack on rods. I believe 9%ish of you magic attack and has room for property dagger or a shield) from the new hunting ground.

By the way Dirty Pole: Fragments does NOT work with Psychic Pressure or Gravity pole sadly. Only real physical attacks like staff secondary attack.

haha no the tooltip is right this time :slight_smile:
They removed SP consumption while your Summon is out.

Hi Grompf! Good to hear that you had a good experience with this build!
Did full spirit worked well for you? I considered it, but i’m a little afraid it gonna be hard to level until rank 8 (my future necro is almost on rank 6…). Do you think a 3:2:1 (Int:Spr:Con) or 1:1 (Int:Spr) distribution would work better for levelling?

I tested Cryo1-Psycho3 and come to the same conclusion on ice blast, without pillar i rarely used it. I still need to test Wiz2 for surespell, but i really liked the burst damage of wall-pressure (particularly good against bosses on missions!).

Do you have any recommendation on which attributes I should prioritize? I will try to save the money for a good weapon. Seems like having a good one became much more important after the rework.

No they didn’t. Sorc summons still drain SP while they’re out. The change is it’s a flat rate now instead of % based.

About your video:
I found it odd that you were inconsistent with talking about attributes. You mentioned it for dirty pole’s semi-useless attribute, but didn’t mention useful things like Shoggoth’s decay or flesh hoop’s weakening.

Flesh hoop’s skill description explicitly states it hits 15 times.

You took a very long time to explain even simple skills. Even players without a necromancer can read skill descriptions and learn what the skill does much faster than it took you to explain it. It’d also be way more useful for viewers to see how the skills look when used on actual mobs instead of you just using the skill while idle. It will make what you’re saying have a lot more impact, like when you mention flesh strike is a one-hit wonder, or that flesh cannon is a heavy hitter while also allowing you to CUT BACK on so much of the unnecessary description. This requires video editing, yes, but it shouldn’t be anything more complex than stitching clips together and maybe applying transitions.

I know you maybe wanted to reserve some of that to the gameplay videos, but when a video is supposed to be a “Necromancer guide,” showing how the skills work on actual enemies is essential.

It takes a lot of cards to level up cards, and each one is worth like 100k silver (sometimes they go on market for cheaper, yes, but they’re always hovering around 80-100k). I’d be pretty upset if I watched your guide and heard you tell me to level up my card (feeding it silver basically) only to find out the difference it made on my shoggoth’s stats is negligible.

I watched some of your first gameplay video too. You left out important gameplay tips too, which I wasn’t sure if you knew yourself because you didn’t really demonstrate them. I was shocked to see you didn’t get the decay attributes for shoggoth or flesh cannon, and you used dirty pole to try to apply the debuff instead. Dirty pole’s aoe is so tiny it’s pathetic, and you’re a necro C3 with skull archers, why aren’t you showing that off? Also, nearly all of necromancer skills can be jump cancelled…All the summons, flesh hoop, flesh cannon, dirty pole. This is an important part of the necro gameplay, and was left out, so I was disappointed.

All in all though, thanks for taking the time to make your video guides, it looks like you’re one of the firsts to really be helping players out through this medium. Hope to see your videos get better in the future.

I stand corrected on the Sorc summons, didnt notice it was a flat amount probably why it slipped past me since i couldnt tell the SP going down.

Seems your also right about Flesh Hoop, it didnt say in the tooltip anything about 15 hits before but seems they changed it and i didnt notice it, they dont have a habit of correcting these tooltips, like our friend there thinking Magic Missile only did 160 damage because of them. This is just an example out of many, maaany others, anyways thats why i didnt notice it.

I didnt and dont mention every little single detail about classes, if people have questions about them im glad to answer, these are ment to be simple normal guides.

Now why do i mention some little details and some dont? because these videos take a lot of work, to make 10mins of video some times it can take 3 hours, some times 10, some times all day.

I explained the concept of decay, i didnt feel the need to redo all of my work just to add all the ways it can be applied, thats something id gladly answer if it was asked.

But anyways, thanks for the feedback, i have been trying to improve my videos, i am my worst critic, a good example is the necromancer guide video, the sound on it isnt any where near good, my mic configurations were being changed and affected by something on my computer that i eventually found out, but before i found that out i spent almost a day messing with it, re recording, re coding just to make what i had good enough to upload, otherwise i would have skipped the upload that day and that wasent the goal i set for myself.

You dont really give credit to how hard making 10mins of decent video is until you try to do it right.
Static, interruption, outside noise, saying something wrong, saying one thing wrong and having to redo 20mins of recording all over again because theres no gaps to edit and such, i could go on for a while lol

Taking time to explain things or even saying “humm” is a human instinct, something we do to give time for our brain to think, process and come up with what your gonna say next without messing it up wen your on the spot.
You can see this very often in news anchors.

But like i said, thanks for the feedback and the honest opinion, i do try to improve and feedback always helps :slight_smile:

You don’t have to. It takes a couple of seconds to explain that the main ways of applying decay are through shoggoth and through flesh cannon attributes. It’s important to explain decay thoroughly because it’s literally one of the unique traits of necromancer. It’d also be nice to add how much of a multiplier decay is to exemplify how strong of a debuff it is (double damage I believe).

Even if a guide is meant to be “simple,” it should be thorough enough to highlight key details. How is a viewer supposed to come up with questions about shoggoth and flesh cannon applying decay on their own if they are led to believe dirty pole is the only way to apply it, for example.

These sound like excuses. I wasn’t trying to criticize you or imply that you redo the guide at all, just want to make that clear.

I totally understand what you go through to make videos, as I myself teach chemistry to university students, and have gone through the process of spending 6+ hours a day making only 10 minute long teaching videos. It really helps to have a detailed outline of what you are going to say as well as have a script and to time yourself with the script.

It’s more complicated than it looks for sure, but don’t let these excuses diminish the impact of the constructive feedback you receive.

Anyways, hope some of what I said was of use to you. If you ever decide to make a video on Sorcerer or Chronomancers, which are my two main classes, I’d be happy to help you out through PM’s or something should you need it.

It wasent excuses, was simply explaining how hard things can be and the hard work i put in some times just to be able to bring daily content, i dont shy away from hard work, if you notice, the first thing i did was replace all of the pre patch videos with newer updated ones.

Thanks for the feedback tho, appreciate it.

Not sure on Sorcerer for now since there is already a big thread about it.
Chronomancer i will do, but nothing too extensive, ill let you know if there is something about it i need help with.

@Yashiri: Well some int may help leveling, but when the rank reset event is gone it will be very hard/expensive to reset your stats. So I think planing your stats for max level should be worth a little ‘trouble’ while leveling. You could try to reach rank 7 for skeletons with full int before the event finishes and reset to full spr once you have it.

A Five Hammer with 5 lv5 red gems is a good way to speed up leveling as it gives you 900 to max magic and physical attack. You could keep it untill you get a rod with 700ish magic attack and hand it to your next alt :slight_smile:
At 315 you should buy a Pevordimas Rod with high potential and if you can afford it with more than one socket.
If you have the funds try to get some accessoiries with magic attack or at least property attack via auction house or maybe you have some luck with event enchant scrolls.
A dagger with property attack will help too. Keep in mind that property attack will NOT push your minions, but it will help Psychic Pressure, Ice Wall and Gravity Pole damage.

For more hp just use some plate armor if you like. In this build I rarely get hit (mostly form ranged mobs) because of the available cc and your Reflect Shield absorbs nicely with full spr. So I have some gear to push my spr and int a bit with relatively low defences and it works fine for me.

Recommended attributes:

Wizard1:
-Increased Maximum Buff Count
-Reflect Shield: Reflect Damage
-Lethargy: Additional Damage (players with strike damage will really like this!)
-Lethargy: Enhance
Cryo1:
-Weapon Swap
-Ice Bolt: Chance of Freeze
-Rod Mastery: Ice
-Shield Mastery: Enchant (if you plan to use a shield!)
-Cryomancer: Freeze Speciality (for party play, but you could skip it if you like)
Psycho3:
-Psychic Pressure: Stun
-Gravity Pole: Decreased Defense
-Psychic Pressure: Focus
-Gravity Pole: Focus
Necro3:
-Flesh Cannon: Decay
-Flesh Hoop: Demoralize
-Create Shoggoth: Decay
-Necromancer: Enhanced Corruption (very expensive and I am not sure on the exact impact in pve!)

Get these in that order to bolster your corpse collection if you like:
-Disinter: Increased Range
-Disinter: Collect Corpse
-Raise Dead: Collect Corpse
-Necromancer: Corpse Capacity

Enhancement attributes:

You can push your cc spells if you have some silver left while leveling
-Psychic Pressure: Enhance
-Gravity Pole: Enhance
For endgame get
-Raise Dead: Enhance
-Raise Skull Archer: Enhance

heya! with pure spirit, won’t your flesh canon suck? and most of your kino skills as well? and have to rely on summons to do damage for you? I remember tests were made that necro summons doesn’t scale very well with high amount of spirit

This is why i recommend a 1:1 INT SPR ratio :slight_smile:

Hello! I’m thinking of respeccing my warlock to the Army build ( w1-cryo3-sorc1-necro3), never played Necro/Sorc, and since the Reset Event is ending, I’d like to ask some questions:

1. Since i’m only going at endgame content, should my stats follow the 1Int:1SPR ratio? I was actually thinking 1Int:2SPR, but I’m not entirely sure how much spell casting I’m going to do as a Necro, or do my summons/army do most of the job?

2. With regards to weapon, should I be using a staff or a rod +(something else)?

Thank you!

Your Summons mainly do a little bit of sustain damage and tank for you.
You will be using your Flesh Cannon off cooldown as a Necromancer.
Your main damage will come from spell casting, so the best ratios would be 1:1 or 2:1 INT SPR depending on how you feel about your damage, try them out, you still have 4 days or resets :slight_smile:

Wen it comes to weapons, Staff has higher Magic Attack, Rod + Shield will still bring some nice damage and increase your survival. So it depends on what you want, if your looking for raw damage then staff is the way to go.

and your welcome bud :slight_smile:

What is the best necro build for ET/PvP right know? Cryo3>Sorcer>Necro3?
Cryo3>sorcer2>necro2 can work?

Both can work just depends if you want more mechanics on your Sorc, or if you want to go a bit more simple and opt for necro3.

@octane: Yes your spells will do less damage with full spirit, but on the other hand your summons will do more damage AND are very hard to kill. I am quite satisfied with my damage on a full spirit build. Full int gives you less than 1k magic attack so if you look at trancended weapons its really not that much. I dont have trancended gear and right now I sacrificed round about 1/3 of my magic attack for stronger summons and endless sp AND my sustained damage including minions is not much lower as with full int if at all…

Hi, i went you thauma necro build, its pretty fun so far, but i ve noticed sometimes my summons just stop attacking bosses, is that a bug?