Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Necromancer Thread

Thanks Magic. :slight_smile: I went with the Cryo3 build and I am liking it so far!

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Hi MagicBisquit! I love your threads, they are soooo informative because ive been on a hiatus from ToS for a while. Im currently wiz2 link2 thau2 and plan to go maybe ff2 or go necro
My question is is wiz3 really needed? or is wiz2 good as well?
And are necroā€™s wanted for like lategame and parties? Thanks!

Probably a weird question, but did Gather Corpse always have a AOE around it? I can gather tons of mobs together with Frost Pillar and hit all of them at once. o_o Also you are right Gather Corpse hits like a truck even at Lv1!

Hello there, glad my threads can help you out :slight_smile:
Always happy to hear things like that, makes all the hard work worth it!

The reason to go Wiz2 is just for Surespell, mainly if your build has long cast times or channeled spells that you want to avoid getting interrupted.

Wiz3 is currently very strong, it gives you Quick Cast to hasten your spell casting and Magic Missile for a spammy AoE spell that deals very nice damage at lvl5.
Having Wiz3 also lets you rank Energy Bolt to 15, its a strong spell now, has no cast time and scales with your Magic Attack, also in the same boat is Reflect Shield, lets you rank it to 15 for that extra defensive tool.
This is why i recommend Wiz3, but its not necessary, its just a nice, strong class at the moment.

Your build is fine, specially if your happy with it, we should always look for a build that feels comfortable and works for us.
Iv never really seen anyone asking for specific classes for anything, but, Necromancers arent without their utility, like Dirty Pole + Joint Penalty combo on bosses or even just Dirty Pole for the Decay debuff, Archer classes in your group will love you :slight_smile:

Hope that cleared things for you :slight_smile:

Yes it did :slight_smile:
But no one used it before, i didnt use it either, i had it mainly for testing things with it, thats why i noticed the big diference after the patch.
You can also increase its damage with Linkers Joint Penalty (Poison damage Attribute), link a bunch of mobs, use hang mans knot and then Gather Corpse, can be pretty fun :slight_smile:

Just a shame it has a long and laggy animation sometimes.

Gather Corpse has always been an AoE (albeit a semi-small one, but bigger than energy bolt). I know cause I used it all the time to farm corpse fragments from low level mobs. Thatā€™s rather unnecessary when you reach Necro C3 though (Skeleton corpse fragment attribute and double corpse fragments for Disinter)

Gather Corpse does poison damage ??

I noticed that if you kill multiple targets with 1 Gather Corpse, you get multiple corpses BUT sadly if you Joint Penalty + Hangmanā€™s Knot + Gather Corpse the targets, you get only 1 corpse :frowning:

Iā€™m necro C1 and I find it quite difficult to gather corpses without potions. I can rarely use that goddam Flesh Canon.

This is something i went over on the guide, c1 you do survive mostly on potions, c2 you get Disinter, at c3 you get all of the above plus attributes, so life does get easier along the way :slight_smile:

What on earthā€¦
Good thing you mentioned that about the Poison damageā€¦

Well you see, im 99.9% sure that Necromancer spells used to be Poison damage, guess not any moreā€¦
Thats something that completely slipped past meā€¦

Why would they change that? :frowning:
Can someone else confirm this? It used to be Poison right?
Its gonna bug me nowā€¦

EDIT: Double checked and seems that it was never poison damage, im pretty damn sure i saw somewhere it was, maybe on the old skill simulatorā€¦ i know i didnt just make this up lol

tos.neet.tv and tosbase.net indcate that only Flesh Strike is poison damage.

I clearly remember seeing all the spells as poison, who knowsā€¦
But even Flesh Strike, its seems its only Magic nowā€¦

Oddā€¦

Yes im not crazy i did find some posts of people talking about Necromancer spells with poison property like Corpse Tower for example which now seems to be ā€œmeleeā€ā€¦

I knew i remember looking all this stuff up before wen i first wanted to play necroā€¦
No idea why they changed stuff like thatā€¦

I was thinking about pure pet build.
All SPR.
wiz-cry3-chrono-necro3
I pick chrono because of the Quicken.
Whatā€™s your thought on this?

If your looking for a pure pet build go Sorc1 instead of Chrono1.
Chrono1 will only bring quicken which you really dont need, 5 points of quicken is rather useless in my opinion.
Sorc1 on the other hand will bring 2 extra pets and Summon Familiar buffs.

Give it a try :slight_smile:

About pure pet build i have try ot for w1cyr3sor1nec3 full spr it doesnt do much damage and ts is so stupid with out sor2 how about sor2nec2 or sor3nec1 how do u guys think about these?

cryo3 sorc2 necro2 is actually a popular build.
The key to make sorc1 work is to have a ranged devil summon, melee ones are kinda dumb and the melee hitbox misses constantly.

But if i go for cyr3sor2necro2 how to balance int and spr cause i have try full spr bat and fresh canon are so weak but ecen full spr the skeleton still hit around 1500 each and ts arouds 2k each. It migh take so long to defeat morp in high lv map.

If you dont think you do enough damage as full SPR, try a 1:2 INT/SPR ratio or a 1:1.
Dont forget to use your Dirty Pole to double the damage of your Temple Shooter.

Acctually i like to go on nec3 cause i want archer skeleton but i dont feel that nec3 is that strong with fresh strike