Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Necromancer Thread

Can you please test Reflect Shield with higher SPR to see if its worth getting now, or if its still kinda “bad”?

It’s + 1 damage reflected and reduced per SPR, with an additional +75 at skill level 15 and another +20 from the cheap attribute. So if an enemy does 500 damage to you, a 400 damage reflect shield (which I got with a 50 CON rest into SPR build at level 270) reduces it to 100 damage. At least at my level of 270, I’m enjoying almost everything hitting me for 1 damage with it. Only lasts 9 hits on a 41 second CD at Skill level 15 though (6 hits at skill level 10). I found 9 hits to be the sweet spot for the most part so I consider it a significant downgrade to only go Wiz C2 instead of C3 (and it definately evaporates really fast at C1 of course)

Even if you ever get to a point where monsters are hitting you for 1k damage at higher levels, it’d still be like, reducing that to 600 (or more if you have more SPR by then) which is still significant.

I know this is a necro thread, but reflect shield (and thus, a factor in considering going for Wiz C3) is of particular interest to a necro cause they’re the best for going full or near full SPR on their stat build, unlike anyone else.

Of course, party members get your shield too, which is very nice. Too bad your minions don’t but they’re beefy enough anyways with an SPR build.

1 Like

Think about it this way…
If your going Wizard 3…
15 points Energy Bolt
5 points Surespell
5 points Quick Cast
5 points Magic Missile

…so you have 15 left, where else would you rather put it other then Reflect Shield?
Even if its not the best of spells, its still kinda better then the alternatives :slight_smile:

So good or bad, its still gonna be your go to choice, unless your really like Earth Quake or Sleep and such.

Thanks for answering for me! I was abit busy.

Yeah as they’ve said, it’s worth using. I personally didn’t pick it, mostly because of buff count worries (thaum buffs, and surespell/quickcast because i used to spam F. Cannon too often :sweat:) but if you can manage your buffs well, it can do surprisingly well!

I’m still testing my Necro with different builds and stats, I’m tending to return to my original Wiz3>Linker>Socr>Necro3 build -but going Heavy (or even Full) SPR instead, hoping for a better scaling dmg for the minions @w@

On the other hand I really enjoyed the Cryo3 Sorc build, it gives you that nice CC that everybody loves \( ˆ•ˆ)/ -but even investing on INT and using a Viena’s Mace the damage on this build was too low IMO (Full SPR, Full INT, Hybrid you named it). The funny part was casting Frost Pillar and use Dirty Pole Fragments to increase the missile dmg from Temple Shooter & the archers.

Both builds were pretty neat for me, still can’t decide which one I’ll pick >.< Wiz3 for the Reflect, QC + Linker or Cryo for the superb CC (plus I have an Audra that’ll have no use if I went wiz3 Linker which only make it harder for me to decide xD The only must is Sorc for the summon zoo ~( @w@)~)
All my tests were made in the 290 DG, as already stated: weapons, gems, buffs -anything but SPR- doesn’t affect the minions dmg, in my case the lower damages with no SPR were around 500~800, and when invested 306 on SPR the damage went up to 1.1~1.7k per summon atk.

[Also just a random curiosity: if you cast your minions being Full SPR and reset your stats their dmg will not be affected since the stats are generated & fixed on your stats by the time you summon them]

For the ones asking about elememe synergy with cryo, I did a similar thing on my Alch (which is the same ranks as Necro):
Wiz>Cryo>Linker>Thauma>Elememe>Alch3, the results were amazing, the bonus lighting dmg on frozen enemies in this build is superb >:3
You have Cryo Freezing Speciality + Join Penalty:Lighting + Electrocute: Freezing Magic Damage, (Also Shrink Body is being extremely useful too when Eletrocute is on CD, but you can get linker2 or anything if u prefer :3)

Hope it can help some people to decide their paths =w= Anyway, just sharing my thoughts till now! 8D

So I went ahead and wanted to try this since for some reason I felt that things where not dying fast enough with cryo C3
not sure if it can be any faster but I feel like they are not taking ages to die now

(should I post this somewhere else or here is fine? since it’s about necromancer felt right to post this here)

Its completely fine bud, link as many builds as you want :slight_smile:
Always good to come on here and see people sharing new ideas for builds and their toughts on the class :slight_smile:

so far, I’m in necro c2 (so far I like this) so then… is there a way to make this a better dps? I used to be pyrolinker and waaay later I discovered necromancer, lol

you can guess that I’m addicted to kill fast… (this is fast but not fast enough, I have YET to try with something about my level) any sugestions?

thank you for the advice!

Your build seems pretty solid.
Only thing you could try to increase damage would be to ditch Sorc1 for Wiz3 instead.
Magic Missile spam can be pretty fun and makes quick work of big packs of monsters.
Oh and the rank15 Energy Bolt too, those 3 quick shots are awesome!

Try it out :slight_smile:

And for the Wiz3? What are your skills recommendations?

Hi Magicbiscuit! Your guides are immensely helpful!

So, I’m torn between Cryo3 Sorc1 Necro3, Pyro3 Sorc1 Necro3, and the build above with your suggestions (Wiz3 Cryo1 Kino1 Necro3). The reason I have Sorc1 in the first two builds is, I already have a 10* Templeshooter.

I played around with the Cryo3 build with maxed Gust, maxed Ice Blast and lv5 Ice Bolt as well as lv5 Energy Bolt and lv1 Gather Corpse as filler spells and it did pretty well as long as I kept Dirty Pole up for TS and the Archers.

I saw a video of the Pyro 3 build and it did some nice damage but it had no CC at all lol.
Since I already have a 10* Templeshooter, do you think it would be worth having Sorc1 and going with either the Cryo build or the Pyro build?

Sorry for all the questions, just looking for other opinions. o.o Thank you!

This rework made me think about what the Necro (especially the Necro C3) build is good for.
I used to play with this build because of the Corpse Cannon high damage, and the awesome visuals and minions, but now seems like things have changed, part of this because the SPR requeriments.
How you people are playing with the class, especially the endgamers (320+ with good gear)?
It can have a good DPS? Its now more focused on party-play or solo play? Are you people having a good experience on party play with the class?
Sorry for asking so many questions, but my gear is mediocre, and i can only use token on Monday, so for now, i need to rely on people opinions.
Thanks!

this reminded me that I need to get gear for this… are there any suggestions? (for now I don’t have anything worth to mention… aka: agny, 5 hammer and such…)

Hey I wanted to ask what do you think would be better when going 1:1 int spr , and ofc some con, link1 or thaum1 when going wiz3-xx-sorc1-necro3? Later In the game<250 lvl now> I want to focus on ‘endgame’ so earth tower etc. Hope You will have some insight.

My recommendations for Wiz3 would be:

15 Energy Bolt
15 Reflect Shield
5 Quick Cast
5 Surespell
5 Magic Missile

Hope that cleared it for you :slight_smile:

haha its fine, ask as many questions as you like and im happy my videos can help you :slight_smile:

Pyro3 might be harder to use wen you have about 14 Summons on the field tanking monsters all over the place, its gonna be a bit hard to kite mobs you want into Pyro spells, you can still make it work tho, so it depends on how much you want the Pyro class in your build.

Cryo3 will be easier to use, it will have the reverse affect, its gonna be easy to group mobs and keep them frozen in place for you summons to do damage, for example, you can use Frost Pillar and then Dirty Pole on top to make sure your Templeshooter and Archers get all their damage out :slight_smile:

Sorc1 is more then fine in any Necro3 build, it will add more summons to your army and by that more sustain damage (not to mention cool factor for running around with an army behind you :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hope that cleared it for ya bud, if not, ask as many questions as you want :slight_smile:

@ricardo_maker Necromancer does just fine in late game, PvP as well if your curious, Necro3 brings you extra sustain from your summons, the big burst from Flesh Strike, specially if you have a linker with you and its gonna allow you to rank your main spell, Flesh Cannon, to 15 increasing it damage even further.

There is a guide on Earth Tower out there with a ranking of how useful and how well classes to in there.
Necromancer was in a good spot on that list, if i can find it again ill drop you a link :slight_smile:

What im trying to say is, dont worry, if you want late game, your not gonna get “benched” or ignored for being a Necromancer, you will still bring a lot wen in a group and solo play :slight_smile:

@jengo_g Gear wise nothing really changed, the reason i dont talk about gear on my videos is because in tree of savior there isnt much choice, there’s always just either one or two choices on accessories and the main gear isnt very specific either, get high level stuff with good base defense / magic attack and then sock it with high level gems.
Even wen there is specific gear there isnt much choice about it, Pyros have Agny, Cryos have Audra and things like that :slight_smile:

Hope that cleared your questions :slight_smile:

Personally id go Thaum.
Thaum even at circle1 will bring a bit more damage to you and your group.

Link1 is not gonna bring much at all, its gonna be hard to use and take advantage of, specially in group content, the only buff you would have would be physical link and thats the worst of the 3.

Hope that helped you out bud :slight_smile:

So far, I really like wiz,pyro,link2,sorc,necro3. Full SPR and 315HG plate with 270 HG rod. My minions kill nicely and I have some pyro skills to help once they are linked. As long as you JP and HK immediately, then cast FB things die pretty quickly and if not your skills are mostly off cooldown. Prior to this rework, I was wiz,pyro2,link,sorc,necro3 and relied mostly on my pyro skills for any dmg because skeles just died too fast, even at 70pt attributes! Now, the skeles do great dmg, of course overtime, and live significantly longer. So now I’m relying on my later circles, instead of relying on the earlier ones. Also, I’d recommend expanded your necromicon so that you can hold more bodies and cast fleshcannon. I personally would not invest in fleshstrike simply because it requires 100 bodies!

We should make a post-patch statue for you! hahaha Really, thanks for the help.
The question was more about the “role” of the class, as some classes have very defined roles (Like pyro and element are DPS) and others don’t, but i got it! Very happy for necro!

Yeah, now i’m between link2 or thauma2; as you’ve said, Link is still good, he can dish out some good damage, but looks like Thauma can bring more benefits to the party, like the Swell Arm and Compose.
Thinking about 50 CON, 1INT : 1 SPR.
Might as well get Sorcerer, (Wiz3 -> Thaum1 -> Sorc1 -> Necro3) as it would make a very good usage of the SPR.
I will keep on testing.