Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Necromancer Thread

Hello! :slight_smile: ā€¦and i like the way you think!
That does sound very interesting, but there is some problems with it.
The Skull Archers dont attack that often, so they wont impact your damage that much, with that in mind having a build that revolves around buffing your archers might not be the best of ideas, still a fun concept tho and if you group up with some archers they would love you :slight_smile:
The Cryo+Kino combo wont scale that well either since the damage comes from Ice Wall and not Psychic Pressure.

I wasent bashing your build, i was just telling you why it might not be the best idea, but i do like fun non meta builds and yours is just the kind of stuff i would try out :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help bud :slight_smile:

On the Ktest thread, there was a mention of 1SPR=0.67%dmg increase, but with your testing, seems its closer to 1SPR=0.29%dmg increase to your summonsā€¦ kinda lowā€¦ they should rethink these numbersā€¦

ā€¦or maybe my math sucksā€¦ :smiley:

I took the Wiz3-Thaum2 path. Itā€™s pretty nice with swells being affected by Spr now.
I went with a 1 Int:3 Spr ratio, Iā€™m happy with it but also a little curious of 1:1ā€¦

You can probably make use of Reflect Shield too, now.

@Magicbiscuit Hello ,I just tested both builds cryo3sorcnecro3 and wiz3thaum2necro3 , but both are amazing and now I canā€™t choose, what should I doooooo XD help me haha

For cyrosornecro which state that u putin spr or int sir

why thaum2 to necro3? does swell boost your summon damage? or gonna do mainly for flesh canon?

Neither INT nor magic attack affect minionā€™s damage, Thaum 2 only synergy with Flesh cannon, flesh hoop, gather corpse and Wizā€™s skills.

Linker nerf should not affect Necromancer builds.

I disagree, before revamp linker help Necromancerā€™s minions spread a lot of damage, now they break right after I cast it. Pre-nerf JP synergy extremely well with flesh cannon, now itā€™s gonna break before FC finish its hits.

Linker nerf does affect Necromancerā€™s minions build.

I tested my very odd build today: Wiz 3 >Ele 3>Necro 2

Yesterday, I found necro 3 underwhelming, even as a Psycho 3. It was great at CCing enemies for your minions to nom on, but donā€™t expect to kill anything quickly.

Now, I debated whether to go Ele 2/Nec 3 or vice versa and I gave Ele 3 a shot after hearing the amount of praising it was getting.

Holy crap, this build WORKS? High Aoe dps, minions to help keep baddies off you ā€“ Iā€™m surprised! Itā€™s great for questing, especially when youā€™re trying to interact with quest objects and a high respawn rate doesnā€™t want that.

Tomorrow Iā€™ll give Cryo 3 > ?? > Necro 3 a shot

First off glad you guys enjoy the Thaum build :slight_smile:
With Thaum you can even go a bit higher on SPR since its gonna help your other spells do a bit more damage and account for the missing INT.

Linker is fine once you get pass your old experience with it, i said Linker should not affect Linker + Necro builds, i did not say it was the same, you cant have the silly damage multiplier 100% uptime any more, but it does work for CC and it does last long enough dish out multiplied damage.

Even if by chance, all your minions hit a linked mob at the same time, 5 Archers, 5 Skeletons, 1 Shoggoth, 1 Corpse Tower, thats only 12 hits out of 16, Archers have attack speed and your Corpse Tower is only up wen you really need it.

So with all of that in mind, even if everything bad happens and your minions eat as much as they can off the Joint Penalty, you would still have enough time to either cast a spell or to use Hangmans Knot to CC a pack of monsters.

Final argument, considering the above, should only your minions benefit from Joint Penalty before breaking, each doing 1.000 damage each, that would be 12.000 damage being multiplied, if you linked 5 monsters, that would be 60.000 damage being done to each monster, in total would be 300.000 damage, i think that is some pretty fair damage dont you think?

Very last argumentā€¦ Joint Penalty 20sec Cooldown.

Was thinking of ele in place of sorc in your w1-cryo3-sorc1-necro3, since sorc1 summons are pretty meh with cryo electrocute combo, what do you think? not that big of an impact, can also go thaum as well

Do you think the circle 3 of Necromancer is really worth (Iā€™m not here for now)? I mean more than ThaumaC3 for example ?
Flesh strike has great damages but 100 corpsesā€¦ It seems to be very expensive.
And how good are the Skull Archer ?
In an other way, ā€œgather corpseā€ seems to have really good damages and a very little CD

@Magicbiscuit What are your stats for your Wiz3>Thauma2>Necro3 build ?

If you dont like the Sorc1, Ele1 might not be a bad replacement, with cryo3 (cryo2 at least) Ele will get an attribute that makes all of your Ice damage have a slow component added to it.

Electrocute will do nice damage, it will just be lacking on the number of targets it hits since you wont be able to rank it past 5.

Might be a bit hard to get your long Ele casts off if theres a lot of ranged monsters but other then that everything should work just fine, my opinion, go for it :slight_smile:

My stats on the video is 1INT:1SPR and about 70CON.
I know some people will disagree on this but, i consider a Necro build with 3 cirlcles, only 2 circles i see it as just a build with Necro in it.
Necro 3 adds the full experience of Necromancer with your own army of summons, dont forget it also allows you to further rank up your Flesh Cannon.
The Archers adds extra summons to tank for you and some more sustain damage.
The use of Thauma is to close the gap from the missing INT since you need a bit of spirit now, 2 circles of Thauma do this job.

With that said, if your not happy with C3 Necro, if you think C2 is enough for you and youd like to get even more damage to your spells, then Thaum C3 is a really good choice giving you everything you need to boost your spells.

Keep in mind that wen rank9 comes out, you will be able to go Wiz3>Thaum3>Necro3! ā€¦so its just a matter of what your prefer for now :slight_smile:

Yes, I see, thanks for your answer.

Added an extra gameplay video.
Nothing serious, nothing technical, i kinda just hit record wen farming silver and went with it :smiley:

Hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

This!
I am testing the Wiz3Link2Necro2 Build, and my link donā€™t last a second if my minions is attacking :frowning:
Itā€™s complicated, but now link is only good for burst damages like JP + HK + MM. This kill most of the mobs, but incapacitate de usage of Necro Minions.
I might test Wiz3Thauma2 build to see if it is any worth. Why choose Thauma for a Necro Build?

I know its early to say something, but we also have to think about the future when we will need to level up.
Link2 was the ā€œmiracle linkā€ between the wiz3 and the Necro 3 Build, because it made possible a good party play in a support role and powerful in the solo play. I know i am missing the ā€œlink everything then explodeā€ feeling of the past, but i donā€™t know in which way to go with a Necro Build now.
For those with good weapons, are the damage skills doing fine? I have medium gear, so i donā€™t know what to expect from a good endgame gameplay.

EDIT: Really, about the Necromancer part, how are you people feeling the Rework? Everything, summons, skills, atributtesā€¦

Hello there :slight_smile:
If you scroll up trough all the replies you can see my point on Linker, in short, it works, just not in the ā€œZOMG TONS OF DMG!!!111ā€ non stop any more :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing about Thaum is the utility wen grouping for damage buffs and to close the gap in missing INT (Magic Attack) from going with some SPR.

Try relying on Wizard 3 more, the new Energy Bolt and Magic Missile are great with Necromancer :slight_smile:
Give it time, your still too used to the old Nrcro+Linker, i was the same at first and then was happy again wen i found the build that works for me :slight_smile:

Just as final note, i was still killing stuff faster with the new Linker, then with anything else :slight_smile:

I just go with Link 1 and cast Hangman IMMEDIATELY right after casting joint penalty followed by a Magic Missile immediately after that. If you use those three skills one after the other, youā€™ll get them off before the link breaks, and the Hangman + Magic Missile combo still works (Sorcā€™s Temple Shooter can also trigger the combo instead if he hits a hangman group, but you canā€™t directly control your TS unless you went Sorc 2, but this is a necromancer thread and Sorc 2 = no rank 3 necro! ā€¦also canā€™t link while mounted without mount and dismnout shenanigans)

I use a Wiz 3 Link 1 Sorc 1 Necro 3 minion master build. Wiz 3 is mainly for the level 15 reflect shield so it lasts 9 hits. That thingā€™s wonderful when youā€™re an SPR build. Well, and Hangman MM combo of course. I guess Link 2 instead of Link 1 Sorc 1 is an option butā€¦ Temple Shooter (that you can keep out permanently now that you can SP regen with him out!)! Cat buffs! More minions!

1 Like

This is exactly what iv been trying to say for a while wen it comes to Linker.
You can cast HK right after JP, then follow up with anything you want.
It does work just fine, specially for CC, just cant get the silly 100% uptime like before.