Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

Hey, does anyone know if Icewall shards snapshot with your current weapon or with the weapon you placed the walls? I am thinking about getting the Audra staff with icewall gem with my cryo1-psycho3. So I place the wall with that weapon for a level 8 wall and switch back to my dps weapon to pressure. If the shards deal the damage from Audra its too weak and too much effort to get…

this is something i didnt really test, but should be easy enough to tell.
Buy a low level weapon from the NPC shop, place your wall down with the main weapon, hit it and then swap to the lvl1 one and try again :slight_smile:

Well, yes thats an easy way to test it, thanks :smiley:
Just tested it and it works! So Audra should be worth it.

Since there’s some discussion between gust and ice blast I’ll go directly to the question,
I’ve always been pyro or wiz 3 in every single mage char (have 5) but now that looks like cryo can deals nice damage I wanted to try one, I’m level 110 so far and my only chance of dealing damage is snow rolling and frost pillar - ice blast. What should I level beside that to have something to attack while everything is on CD and stronger than auto attacks? Should I forget ice bolt and spike and max gust/shield?

I have a “Cookie cutter” way of going about my Cryo spells.
Have a look at the builds on the main post or scroll a bit up trough the replies to find it :slight_smile:

Ice Bolt and Ice Pike are pretty good at just level 1, so keep one point in each.
Ice Wall you dont really need to max since Ice Blast has the 8 target limit.
Gust is good to have at level 1 as well, it will trigger shards from Ice Wall and do decent damage to frozen targets with the attribute, but sadly Ice Blast still does more damage wen maxed out with attributes.

Think you just need to adjust to the Cryomancer playstyle, once you get used to it your spells will feel more in sync.
Doing things like Ice Bold, get a freeze procc then Ice Blast, Ice Pike, freeze, Ice Blast and things like that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the new info to the thread bud :slight_smile:

Gust deals near the same dmg as ice blast (on lvl 10) if u use collision attribute and if Frostpillar/icewall is up. On top it allows u to shoot ice shards with ur icewall - if u good at aiming and near to the boss u can get up to 6 hits per gust (3 gust hits + 3 icewall hits)
For general i use IB 15, Gust 10, Frostpillar 5, Snowrolling 5, Icewall 10
You can ofc switch some points from icewall into ice spike…or Icebolt (just havent got enough keys on my gamepad so i have to manage my skills :P)

Thread was updated with a new gameplay video.

I have to say, Cryo3 Link2 Warlock2 is really good fun.
You can play support and still have nice damage if you dont want to focus so much on Utility.
You can even play tank using Mastema as a “taunt”.

Tanky, Support, Damage and good fun :slight_smile:

What about cryo3-kino-RC - wl2? Because is nearly similar but with boss killing and killing many mobs with warlock.

i supose, but i like linker :stuck_out_tongue:
If im in a group bosses die in seconds anyways and if im alone i dont mind taking extra time killing them.

Hey biscuit!

i’m using this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/l11e2iip37/

i mean… similar… The thing is… why not Ice wall max ? (15) this will give more dmg on the PP combo

gust is really good?? seems i have mine on rank 3 seems weak…

Ice blast on cd seems u are dead x.x

gust deals near same dmg as Iceblast do if u put it on 10… icewall on 15 is a waste of points and wont push ur combo dmg. If u ask me.

1 Like

Remember that Gust with the collision attribute hits 3 times so you have to consider its damage x3.
Like sascha.rose said, at max level, it does more damage then Ice Blast, but Ice Blast has Enhance attribute, Gust dosent, thats why Ice Blast does a bit more damage.

Ice Wall maxed out is a bit of a waste, can you really tell me you hit all 16 walls during your combo?
The damage % scale on it isnt very big either, so 7 points is kinda like a sweet spot for it.

1 Like

well right now the event is finish and i want to know in your opinion which builds would you say that are strongers one? in my case i’m thinking of take cryo3>tha2>WL seems strong wiht the nice CC and strong skills of WL, the other option is cryo3>ele3>sage but it need many thinks for work but is strong.

i pref cryo 3ele 3 Sage but u can o with w2 cryo 3 and ele 3 too (blink and portal are very nice utility skills, ultimate dimension…yeah…well see in rank 9 xDDDD
Just dont go for sage if u plan to skill icewall on 10 and then double the amount…i can tell u it will work but mostly not as u intend because the copied icewalls spawn in a random spot next to u and can destroy ur whole combo…
u can copie frostpillar too but…why…should u do it…?
Microdimension is more usefull with copy fireball.
the most useful pp build should be something like w2>cryo3>RC>Psycho>Sage

1. U have surspell to be not interrupted during pp (except from bosses…can be rely anoying…)
  2. U have full Cryo support : icewall, IB, FP ect ect
    3 runecaster adds some aoe efficiency - not without surspell
  3. Psycho on 1 should be enough because u only can hit like 9 icewalls as far as i noticed…maybe a max of 10 or 11…
    5 sage does a very good job itself - blink is a godlike spell and u should not leave it at lvl 1 because u can blink away and set up ur trap without any regrets (the higher blink the longer it last)

Conclusion

it doesnt matter what u think is best - pay as u like and find the playstyle u prefer most.
All are viabel and good for the Strategies u want to do with em.
Just 1 more thing : every PP build is better to play solo or with ppl who know what u want to do.
Ur entire combo can be ruined by other players kiting the boss away or destroying ur icewall…
I stopped counting and on top - the 2 min Rune of Ice cd is rly bad in some situations.

You don’t need Wiz2 for surespell anymore. PP comes with the ability to persist through damage. (Can still be cancelled by knockdown and other CC)

@Kairos PP only has that attribute if your circle 3 Kino :slight_smile: so c2 and below still needs SS.

@siryal2110 humm tough choices… think i would go with the Cryo3 Ele3 Sage, if you can work with Blink to get your spells off.
If you can make it work then Sage is gonna be great because of Missile Hole, extra survival and fun spells.
If not go Wiz2 for SS instead of Sage.

Cryo Warlock looks really strong in my video because of big groups of mobs, while just questing and farming you do need to rely on Warlock damage and by that i mean Mastema, Cryo damage isnt very high, its mediocre at best.

i like that video of gameplay warlock on dungeon 290 i just miss to see how you kill the boss, and i want to see you using cryo3>ele3>sage on a gameplay the same dungeon is pretty helpfull se that kind of videos :D.

@sascha.rose1988 @Magicbiscuit

Can u pls explain exactly why icewall 15 is not worth?

more shards= more dmg to pp right? its not the god burst from rune caster?

its is worth to take if you have lv 15 of pp because if you use just level 5 you hit jst 9 targets of the 16 walls from pp.