Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

i wonder if i should just skip m,icrodimension in my case of build - it deals nice dmg but the duplication effect is kind of tricky right now.
Anyone of you know if Ultimate dimension is worth more than 1 point ?

This are some of my interess build there i have other but i want to know your opinion about it guys :smiley: or better go for cryo3>ELE3>RC?

I have played around with Sage and I personally like Ultimate Dimension better for damage. Micro dimension area is too small. >.<

Hey guys,
I want to build a wizard shortly. Iā€™ve checked the most popular build in k tos but I donā€™t see it here. (maybe I overlooked I donā€™t know) itā€™s wizard cryo cryo cryo chrono chrono chrono sage. Here it finish by enchanter. Is there something different in iToS?

Thanks!

Dan

@danny.lemay Hello there bud :slight_smile: No nothing diferent, i didnt list all the builds or the most popular builds, their just some build examples so people have an idea, the build your talking about i believe is the support build that everyone seems to love for the Cryomancer, you can go with it, i changed Sage to Enchanter just to show diversity :slight_smile:

For everyone else, im uploading a new gameplay video soon.
Soā€¦ iv been trying all sorts of build, high and low damage onesā€¦
But the easiest build i found, the nicest one for clears and things like that was, the Cryo3 Linker3 Enchanter1, turns out Linker is still busted and broken.
I was testing the damage of a somewhat support build with CON1:1INT and i was killing stuff faster with Linker then with Elementalist, i guess it wont be as good on boss killing, but for farming is kinda silly.
Guess they nerfed linker for a reason :smiley:

https://youtu.be/2xqwsWe2CfI

There you go guys if you want to have a look at what i was talking about :slight_smile:
I found my Cryomancer build :smiley:

Seems like good to farm and pretty easy to play, how doest ice wall interacts with JP+IB on bosses? And what about cyro3>linker2>RC>Ench?

You can link bosses to the wall but sadly IB dosent do the multi hit damage.
Think they really wanted to stop that sort of high damage on bosses.
Link2 > RC would work just fine, reason i was Link3 was because i wanted to try out a full support build.
The hit count from link2 to 3 isnt much, only thing youd loose would be Life Line.
For raw damage Link2 RC should be awesome :slight_smile:

Tested every other spell as well, the linked mobs do that damage if their linked to the wall, but sadly its just 1s :slight_smile:
Shameā€¦ we could have been the new Pyrolinker for 4 months :stuck_out_tongue:
Still really good for dealing with mobs tho.

Sorry one more edit (think im a little too tired lol)
You can just change Enchanter for RC if you want to keep Link3.
I had enchanter because it was meant to be more support oriented.

oooo! or maybe wiz2(surespell) cryo3 link2 RCā€¦ think i like this one :slight_smile:

Thank you, that was very informative.
Talking about bosses, having kino1 instead would add some boss bursting tool for dg farming even for soloing quests imo.

That would be our revenge for being cast aside as the eternal sup, but fear not my friend time will pay us

there are too many good choices - when will we get nerfed :P?
Cryo ftw xDDD

Donā€™t jinx it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cryo is rather fantastic! :slight_smile:

Well I think my questions and contribution will be ignored on the thread. Wasnā€™t good at all.

Your not being ignored, your reply just slipped pass me, iv been working on a lot of things and kinda tired :stuck_out_tongue: it happens :slight_smile:

The builds you linked seem fun, i need to try out a cryo warlock build at some point.
As far as Cryo > Ele > RC i found it kinda hard to get my spells off, one or two spells with long cast times you can manage but the problem with that build is that every spell has a long cast time :frowning:

Id go Wiz2 > Cryo > Ele instead, RC is only gonna increase Cryo damage since rune of ice dosent affect Hail or Frost Cloud.
Another one of your major damage dealers will be Electrocute, you can stack both the Cryo and Ele attributes to buff up the Electrocute damage, so you dont really need RC.

Give it a try :slight_smile:

but problem relies on high level content where there are link immune mobs, its gonna be hard to farm these kind of mobs relying on links to do damage, maybe really good before 300+ maps but for maps with link immune, would be having a hard time

That was always an issue tho.
My point is wen linker works, it kinda breaks balance.
Wen i single class can make a support build with half CON, kill stuff faster then a full damage class, you know somethings wrong :stuck_out_tongue:
Im not complaining or asking for nefs, nothing like that, if it was up to me we would have the old linker back lol
I simply thought it was kinda funny how i went with a support build and ended up doing a lot better in clearing then with a damage build, that was all.

@Magicbiscuit Hi, i have been reading about the cryo build here, and i was asking about how good is having thauma with cryo because this boost the power with his buff but idk if it is comparable with what give rune of ice, because right now im asking if take at least one rank of thauma, or take thau instead of kino to max IB+IW combo.

Just want to mention something.

1. Dont rely ONLY on Ice spells - there are mobs immune to Ice spells ingame
  2. IB/IW is a BAD Combo in general if u use Icewall higher than Lvl 1 - You ALWAYS have better Dmg Output on norm mobs with Frostpillar. (due to lower targets because of Ice wall hits.
  3. In Areas with 300+ IB falls in dmg if u dont have either a 315 prac weapon or Isa (Rune of Ice)
    and on top the mobs HP gain is significant (I havent got a prac weapon till now so u can belive me) + (Link COULD solve the Problem but as it was mentioned there are Link Immune Mobs)
  4. Isa itselfā€¦:

Lvl 5
Duration: 50 seconds
Increases Ice-property skill attack by 150%
Consumes 1 Rune Stone
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Makes a difference of around 2/3 Dmg in ALL ice spells
Downside: Isa has 2 Min CD

As I adviced before : u should have other dmg Sources than ice just for coverage and take what u rly like and want to play!
If u dont want to make urself a head take Cryo 3 Chrono 3 Sage (I personally tried and hate this build xDDDD)
There will be a time when 1 Trick wonder will suffer a hard time so get urself an alternative

Hello there :slight_smile:

Rune of Ice will bring a bit more damage then Thauma, the diference is Rune is %dmg increase while Thauma is flat Magic Attack.
Now with that said, no reason you can have both, for example:
Cryo3 Thaum3 RC or even Cryo3 Kino1 Thaum2 RC

Like @sascha.rose1988 said, there are cold resistant monsters, so having Rune Caster is a good idea for its other runes as well since they can help you kill these monsters.

Ice Wall + Ice Blast is still a good combo for the trigger.
This is exactly the reason i came up with the IW7 IB15 formula wen leveling your spells, 7 levels of Ice Wall is more then enough for all your needs.
Then you can rotate between Ice Wall and Ice Pillar to trigger Ice Blast.