Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

Hello there bud :slight_smile:

The difference between Ice Blast and Gust is in the Attributes.
Ice Blast with Attributes will do more damage then Gust.
Gust on the other hand has really good base damage, can be use on non frozen monsters (with the attribute) and can interact with Ice Wall for some cool combos.

So id say its a matter of how you want to play.
Both spell are really good.
If you want raw damage with the attributes, Ice Blast is your choice.
If you want good damage and an easier to use spell, Gust is best.

This is why i love the new patch, its gives you loads of choices.
Now consider this, why not both?

Base Ice Blast is still 400% without attributes, so you can put just one point in it and would still do loads of damage.
That way you could do something like place Frost Pillar followed by Ice Blast x3 and Gust x3!
Or keep rotating between the two.

Actually now that i think about it, that should bring your overall damage a lot higher then just picking one :slight_smile:
Hope that answered your question :slight_smile: …if not just say and ill try to put it in another way :slight_smile:

added an updated Gameplay video
the changes didnt really affect the old gameplay video so i left it as added content and reference material

hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

I wonder which build is better between :
1_ Wiz3-Cryo3-Kino-RC and
2_ Wiz-Cryo3-Kino3-RC ?

with 1 there’re Surspell for PP and quickcast for RC skill, and with 2 there’re more CC with kino skill and PP attribute.

Any Advice on this please ? =D

Personally id go with the Wiz3>Cryo3>Kino>RC :slight_smile:
Unless your really good at placing all 16 Walls down and then aim your PP in a way its gonna hit most of them.
That can be hard to do, thats why im saying this would be the better of the 2, since you wont need the high AoE Ratio on PP.
It would also bring more farming, questing sustain on your damage from Magic Missile, not to mention quick cast and surespell for snow rolling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kinda fiddled with the walls a bit when I was cryo3psyk3rc, I think unless you get some item that increases your aoe ratio the max you can hit is 10 walls (in any given direction at a time with max psychic pressure) That being said, I am now considering wiz 2>cryo3>rc>warlock>sage. Reason being warlock’s only good skills now is pillar of agony and mastema and magic missile is kinda ‘meh’ in comparison to ice pillar and ice blast. Any suggestions for build paths biscuit?

Try the one i was using on the last part of the updated gameplay video.
Wiz2>Cryo3>Ele3

Wiz2 for Surespell to help with Snow Rolling and Elementalist cast times.
Cryo3 for all the good stuff it brings, like +50% electric damage to frozen targets.
Ele3 with maxed electrocute and at least one point in rain.

You can do combos like, Surespell, Frost Pillar, Rain, Electrocute and things like that.

No Rune Caster or Sage in that build, because RC is not gonna increase Hail or Frost Cloud damage and the synergy Sage brings is minimal at best.

In that build you would have nice damage from Cryo, all the utility it brings and then you would have the added damage from Elementalist.

In my opinion its one of the best builds for Cryomancer, have a go at it :slight_smile:

id say 2.
reason being kino 3 brings a lot more solid control. Surespell attributes for gravity pole and psychic pressure from c3. Stun attribute for psychic pressure as well.

cryo c3 will mainly be for more walls, frost pillar and ice spells. build 1 is not as good as build 2 at locking down packs of 6 or more mobs with almost no down time. I find build 2 to have enough CC skills for me to use skills that need long charge time eg, raise into snow rolling or Rune of destruction.

In build 1 you get wiz c3 which makes rune caster’s damage skills more easy to use. Magic missile damage is not bad but not worth psy c3 in my opinion. If you want to survive high damage mobs, then make them not do damage to you while damaging them and that is what psy c3 excels at using gravity pole, psy pressure, raise and cryo c3 makes it even better with frost pillar.

Tested both builds myself - ill stay with W3, Cryo3, Psycho, RC and look forward to Rank 9.
I enjoy it myself a lot more and thats how it is - take what u personally prefer :smiley:

Dont know if you guys knew this but heres a bit of information…

Ice Wall and Ice Pillar make targets count as frozen letting you use Ice Blast and Gust on bosses for example.
But seems it only applies to Cryomancer spells.
Ele Electrocute attribute that makes it do more damage to frozen targets dosent get triggered by Ice Wall or Frost Pillar.

Been doing some testing with things like that and some of the numbers just seem weird some times.
Like Gust only hitting unfrozen targets once instead of twice with the attribute and such.
The coding they use for this game seems really odd some times, same for how the damage dealt interacts with monsters.

I kinda got carried away with this stuff and forgot to update the builds on the thread.
Gonna be putting some proper ones up, if you guys have a personal favorite of yours, leave it in the replies and ill add it to the thread :slight_smile:

Builds on the Build Examples have been updated into proper competitive builds in the current patch.

In regards to the 1 hit gust, Magic. Usually I only see that happen if the first hit of gust is enough to kill the monster. Then the 2nd hit will not show up. But I haven’t used gust a lot since I changed to wiz 3 ele 3 rc sage. I will do some testing today. Also, I am trying to find the optimum rc build with cryo3 in it. So far the best candidate for that is cryo3psy3rc.

Edit: Tested sage interactions with frost pillar and ice wall. Frost pillar only lasts half the time and ice wall hits shards in random directions. The 2 ice walls do not add more damage to frost blast (tested by putting 4 ice wall down and duplicating it to a max of 8.

The amount of ice wall you can hit with Psychic Pressure is not affected by AoE ratio. It rely on the area of PP itself which is 4x2 cells in front and 1 adjacent cell to your sides. (I have tested it with Vubbe Fighter Glove before). EDIT: I forgot to add it also depends on PP level; Lv5 = 9 targets/walls.

With the right positioning, you can hit up to 12 walls.

The second build is my main currently (before it was Wiz2 Cryo2). It feels so much more satisfying doing dungeon runs and help CC mobs for the party. Snowrolling > Frost Pillar > Gravity Pole keeps them in place… :grin: Now that Focus attributes no longer add 10s CD (this was the reason I stayed Wiz2), you have enough time to rotate between PP and GP.
Have played RC since the cast time is 8s, then 6s… 4s cast time is not a problem (Cast inside raise or after putting mobs to sleep + some space). Although I do miss having surespell sometimes…

tested myself a bit more with Sage too and its funny too
so what do you think about this one…

Maybe u could even spend less points on icewall than i did because of micro dimension.
Another thing id like to know is if the clone will take ur aggro and get the hits if so u might not need quickcast and /or surspell especial if it will work for bosses too.
Thanks to the Blink Attribute 1 Point should be enough…
What do you guys think ?

You guys make my life so much easier, thank you <3

Im pretty sure before the number of walls you could hit was based on your PP AoE Ration + Gear AoE Ratio + Native AoE Ratio.

I did notice the shards on the duplicated walls from the sage still go in random directions, but the damage from them seems the same as the original, before the damage was as if the wall was at level 1.
Maybe its just harder to notice because of the %scale.

I like your build @sascha.rose1988 need to try it out, seems fun :slight_smile:

@sascha.rose1988 added your build to the thread :slight_smile:

Oh havent expect something like this xD
Have to do more testings but i grant u - this is a true fun build because its totally awsome to play with xD

Havent been to my class master for ages and i totally forgot about this one…

since the 50% dmg attribute is gone and we only need qc for …ya…quicker casts…
On max lvl it seems to be useful

Do you agree ?

I havent messed around with Rune Caster much since my other account with all the high level characters is filled with Swordsman and Cleric types (yeah… bit of a melee fan XD)

But this attribute seems like overkill haha
Does it stack with actual Quick Cast?
It only says it gets the Quick Cast affect, but if you already have it, its probably gonna be up anyways.
If it stacks, after the patch RC spells are down to 4s cast times right?
With QC thats 2s, with this 1s? Might as well say instant cast :slight_smile:

But hey, its an attribute, might as well get it :slight_smile:

dont think it will work like that.
U will get The effect of QC u have learned and if not u get lvl 1#

Casting Time: -10%
Duration: 60 seconds

if u dont have quick cast - cant say if iu feel the 10% but iam kind of out of space for my command list :stuck_out_tongue:
and 10% is better than nothing…maybe…

Cryomancer Build Guide has been updated!

@sascha.rose1988 thats why i was thinking if it stacked or not, but guess if it dosent stack and you dont have quick cast, 10% faster casts is still good :slight_smile:

4s cast time would turn into 3.7s if my math is correct.

PP have a number of targets it can hit depend on its level. Lv5 = 9 targets. Electrocute is another example that increases the target limit the more you level it up. Skills such as these are not restricted by AoE ratio.
Bash and Meteor are two skills I can think of that does. You can simply check them in skill description. :smiley: