Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

Just my opinion and i bet that other ppl may see it different.
All i can say is - take what u like and play how u want to.
In my opinion meta builds are not worth it if u dont like em.

U can put some points in Freezing sphere ( a better ice bolt) or skip meteor because u may never be abel to cast it without surspell…xDDD
Its just a suggestion keep that in mind.

1 Like

Thx a lot!
/20charact

Frost pillar>frost cloud/hail>meteor.

I know i havent been showing much love to this thread, ill start working on it as soon as im done with the necromancer one.
Sorry about that guys!

Let us know if need some help, i could help with my little little little time XD.

hey i made an interesting discovery…
We all know - Frost pillar and Icewall make enemies around count as frozen
So…i just picked ghust today and tested it on lvl 1 - it wasnt that overwhelming…
Then i tried to use frostpillar and u guys know what happend? The mob got hit 3 times… (still not that great in dmg) so i decided to check what max lvl with audra (12) would deal and i rly was suprised.
It dealt near the same dmg as Ice blast! (with the 3rd hit ofc) and its overheat 3 too…
My test with Isa where positive as well- maybe u hould have a closer look on that skill… just a little secret hint ^^

@siryal2110 Thanks bud :slight_smile: but ill be fine dont worry, just need to finish a couple little things then on to the Cryomancer fun!

@sascha.rose1988 I did notice that, thanks for the tip :slight_smile: according to what you said on another post Ice Blast has a target limit of 8, something i dont think Gust has, it might be actually better then Ice Blast, not to mention you would still be able to use it on Ice Wall as well, Gust seems to be good all round! …i shall test this… hehehe

Hm… i need some kind of advice or suggestions about this…

any ideas how to optimize ?

Id just take psycho 3 instead of wizard 3 for the “surecast” effect on PP, icewall u can take 1-2 lvls out if u dont plan on getting aoe ratio for pp to hit all walls, dunno about rune of giants, with this build ur better off with rune of justice cuz of quickcast since its pretty good dmg now.

something like this imo:

Ice bolt lvl 1 is nice if u need to freeze something in a pinch to get ur icewall done and ice pike with rune of ice is still pretty decent dmg at lvl 1, since it doesnt scale that well anyway. Gust is pretty good thou with its 2x300%dmg wich is basicly a ice spikes x3 hit but easier to pull off, not to mention it triggers shards on IW/FP. Only downside to gust is no %dmg Atributte like Ice pike has.

I hope this IW/IB hitting only once per wall is a bug of some sort, else IB will only ever be comboed with FP for wide area aoe.

I see… but unfortunal it only affects psychic pressure i will have a look at this if iam abel to reset again :stuck_out_tongue:
As i noticed its a nerf because the initial combo was way too strong -melting bosses even faster than pp combo without going kino, but its a good thing to have ib for frostpillar.

think i will stay with Isa 4. Giant 1 and destro/justice 5 as giant is a nice movement skill.

Oh and yeah, u cant use skills with rune of giants, only RC skills ><, its still pretty good for fun factor xD

I’m gonna try to run this build (lvl 115 atm ><), I left IW at lvl 3 for IB/Gust shard useability and spent leftover points in ice pike instead for about 50% more dmg) Freezing sphere will be my main boss atk skill with rune of ice.

Would this build work fine in pve/dungeon content? or too many hard casts?

Funny idea indeed - cryo ele :stuck_out_tongue:
With such kind of build u fast will meet 1 or 2 problems.

1. fylingmobs are not affected by frostcloud…
  2. Ice elemental enemies could get a nightmare.
    The combo idea behind elecute and cryo is good…in theory… test it and if the iw/frost pillar mobscount as frozen u will have ur fun with that but u yhould at least take metor or promi… u know…just for the worst cases :smiley:

The problem with IB is not that it hits only once per wall, its that it only hits a target once.
With this in mind… it also means that leveling IW is not something you have to do on almost every build any more!
You can have IW at lvl1, stick it in the middle of mobs and still hit 8 targets with IB.
This way you can use the points on something else like Gust, Ice Pike or (cant believe im saying this) Sub Zero Shield.
I like this change, yeah you cant 1 shot a boss with IW+IB any more, but its still damn good while opening new builds at the same time.
Just a shame it has a target limit, they could have made the limit of one IB hit per target but not give it a limit of targets.

Hello everyone, i’v started updating the thread with the changes that the patch brought us.
Replaced the Cryomancer Guide with a new version.

I’ll keep working till everything is up to date and sorry for taking this long to start on this thread!

Uhm… How much of the guide is updated? Could you please bold and red letter the parts of the guide that you’ve updated? Such as skill calculator(s), video(s), update note(s), etc.

The first video, the class guide is updated.
The Ice Wall dosent need an updated since nothing really changed, but i will make a new one either way.
The Gameplay and Build Guide videos are from the Pre Patch, i will be updating those next.

As i change things in the thread i leave a new post with the updates so people know what to look for.
Also on the videos the updated ones have “(updated)” on the titles.

Hope that answered your question :slight_smile:

EDIT: The build examples need updating as well, ill replace them with proper well thought builds, i made them just as something for people to take as an idea.

I really have to intervene in this thread. People need to learn the mechanics behind flesh hoop. As a linker, especially now, its probably the best ability to use for AoE on linked targets. On paper flesh cannon AoE’s a lot more than flesh cannon due to the AoE radius but currently in game its near impossible to pull off without pets ruining the combo.

Flesh Hoop:

1. its 100x easier to set up over flesh cannon,
  2. Its an instant cast
  3. It applies.almost a full stack of weakened on all linked targets instantly
  4. The damage takes <.5 seconds to apply to 8 targets.
  5. It hits harder SINGLE target per hit

Now how the count works. It has X% damage x X hits. Exactly the same as Flesh Cannon but no AoE radius therefore hitting one monster eats one hit. So for example, if you are linker 2 and you link 8 targets knot them together, it will only hit each target twice + one extra before the hoop disappears.

It is by far the best ability to use in the necromancer spell book to successfully deal meaningful damage on linked targets currently. IMO it is worthy of maxing over flesh cannon now as flesh cannon is only useful for bosses with the linker nerf.

Hey man, thanks for the post and helpful videos. I was wondering about your thoughts on Gust, with it’s attribute mainly. With the attribute, it will always do 716% damage, and 1074% to frozen targets. Assuming that is how the math in this game works, with 358% hitting twice, and three times respectively. Would it not be better to invest the 10 skills points into maxing Gust, and not bothering with Ice blast now? To me it, with the attribute, it seems like like Gust is just a better form of Ice blast, because it hits everything, for the same damage a maxed Ice blast would do, without having to be frozen, and while frozen, does even more than Ice blast. This is especially true because of the Ice wall changes as well, Ice blast seems to have lost it’s place.

Also, since you will be replacing some of your builds, what are your thoughts on Cryo 3, Ele 3, then Rune/ Sage? Is the lack of Surespell and Quickcast too detrimental to this kind of build? Or does the crowd control from Cyro, make this a more survivable and safe build compared to something like an Elememe? I appreciate your work on here, and thank you for everything you’ve put into this, and apologize in advance, if you covered either of these topics already.

First off, you wont need to intervene on this thread considering its the Cryomancer Thread and not the Necromancer one, i actually had to double check myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I never said Flesh Hoop didnt have its uses, actually i make a point of saying things depend on peoples play style, if you found something that works for you, then good bud :slight_smile:

Now the difference between Flesh Hoop and Cannon, is that Hoop, if it has 10 charges and each hit does 1.000 damage, wen you run into 10 monsters at the same time, you will do 1.000 damage to each of them for a total of 10.000 damage.
Now Flesh Cannon, under the same circumstances it would hit each monster for 10.000 damage and 100.000 damage in total.

Flesh Hoop might be easier to use and quicker, but Flesh Cannon is not hard to use either, specially if you have Wiz3 in your build, with Quick Cast you barely even notice it has a cast time and Surespell makes it so it goes off.

Im not bashing on your opinion, everyone has a right to have theirs.
Im just trying to explain my point on the matter to you :slight_smile: