Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

Well said :slight_smile:

And that sounds fun, come tomorrow, ill be messing around with some builds and redoing some of the videos, ill remember to save something like that for the gameplay video.

cant wait to test cryo3 link 2 ff2, W2 cryo 3 Psycho 1 RC - XY (maybe sage/FF o.O) could be fun as well or if i still stick with w3 cryo 3^Psycho RC because of magic missle buff ā€¦ hard to say :D!

Im looking forward to all the testing and fun :slight_smile:
Cryomancer seems in a good spot and i cant wait to tinker with itā€¦

Cant wait to mess around with the other classes too, should some fun couple of weeks.
Just hope the servers dont break due to overpopulationā€¦

Ok I understand, Could you forgive me? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No need for math just english will do, it just reminds current drop rate system it make me sad.

Anyway good luck to all of us that winter is coming.

No one is mad at you :stuck_out_tongue:
Just trying to give you an answer and explain why :slight_smile:

The balance changes are almost here and soon as i can, i will be updating the videos with new information :slight_smile:
I will be taking care of my Necromancer guide first since it will need a bit more attention, but it shouldnt take long.

The only noticeable differences in Cryomancer should be the damage formulas, making Ice Blast into a monster damage dealer, giving us more options and more builds to mess around with!

haha cryo c3 with frosttree and Ice blast rocks xD
Anyone of u tried linker with cryo 3 and Iceblast till now? could imagine that this one would deal TONS of damage xDDD

As far as i noticed for w3 - because of the duration increase of Quick cast and Surspell and the additional magic missle overheat its still a nice to have - especialy for rune caster.
the 2 sec cast time from rune of justice and the 6 time hit deals pretty nice dmg.

Ice spike tbhā€¦i dont like it anymore and would always use justice instead of ice spike.
Just to take any illusions: Ice spike hits a mob only 2 times tough its written as Damage*6.
Think it may hit bosses 6 times but not norm mobs.

Ice Pike is just fine, works like it always has, still hits mobs multiple times, just depends where you put it.
I think linker might be overkill for a Cryo, still good tho.

Ill let you know, hopefully tomorrow wen i update the thread, for now im working on the Necromancer one.

What do you guys think about cryo3ele3x? That x could be anything, like sage or enchanter, didnt figure it out yetā€¦ the point would be to explore new buffed electrocute with freezing skills from cryo and other dps skills from elementalist. I think the damage would be pretty good and lots of fun to play with

I actually just rerolled to this and the damage is great for bossing and soloing. im using a +15 Audra without trans and can farm in 320+ maps fine.

1 Like

Great! What did you take for last rank? Iā€™m looking forward to try it out

I took Sage just for Missile Hole and Ultimate Dimension for my AoEā€™s.

1 Like

I can exactly tellu what u have to expect :
My first mage i ver created - a looong time ago when the game hatched fresh from his egg :stuck_out_tongue:, was a w1 cryo 3 Ele 3 (no rank8 cause there wasnt any rank 8 xD)
At this ime it was lacking a bit in points of damage because of the missing Quickcast attribute.
The mainproblem of this class combination is that u suffer flying mobs - frostcloud cant hit em.
The combination of Frostcloud, Frostpillar and Hail is rly great - Iceblast would be a interresting addition to that combo.
To answer the electrocute thing - Iam not sure how it is now affected by frost pillar, if the mobs count as frozen even if they are not frozen and just near the tree and u get the bonus dmg its ok - if not i wont rely on electrocute, its hard to aim and if u have to freeze the mobs its highly unlikely that u ever will get full benefit. On top this wont work vs boss monsters (other thing if frostpillar turns boss monsters to frozen state without actual freeze them)

1 Like

Hey iam currently testing some kinds of builds and i wonder if its necessary to go chrono 3 or if chrono 2 would do it too.
Anyone of u have any idea if this kind of build would work?
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#21133388h.1a2a3565.3a4f5a7585.1a2a3555.152545

I would rather throw wiz2 away and take Chrono 3, Pass is a damn awesome skill, especially as Cryo3 since youā€™ll be able to reset your Treeā€™s and Ice Blasts cooldowns. Not sure if Sure Spell just for Runecaster would be worth it.

Problem i figured out so far is this : without surspell snow rolling, justice, isa, destruction, giant and even psychic pressure can be easy interrupted.
Till now my test with chrono are a little bad - even with pass. IB + Frosttree combo is nice dps but u can only hit 8 mobs and bosses get only 1 hit (*3) - pass (*6) but with pp/iw comnbo u always will get more output on bosses.
This kind of build does not work for now because u NEED isa to get full potential from cryo/psychoā€¦
Maybe in rank 9 worth but not for now ._.

Agreed. I tried cryochrono and right now, i feels lackluster. I am however now experimenting with cryo-elementalist rune caster. Hopefully it will produce better results.

it will be more effective dps wise but u may suffer flying or ice elemental mobs if u ONLY rely on frostcloud ectā€¦
My Advice: get a good mix from ele skills aka metor/promi so u are abel to shine in every situationā€¦
And even if rain boo0st electrocute u may not take it because its highly unlikely to get frozen mobs while rain is active (its another thing if Frostpillar count all mobs near ALWAYS as frozenā€¦) if not - skip it

Thx for the feedback! Think iā€™ll stick with this build anyway, just the idea of a good cc dpser mage is worth it for me! What would be your skill distribution for ele3?