Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Cryomancer Thread

That is where Frost Pillar comes into play, use it to be able to get your combo off without being interrupted.
If i am not mistaken, the Shackle Attribute from the Kinos Swap spell works on bosses and even if it dosent that is another too to be able to get your combo off.

I like how you name your builds! :joy: :joy:

Oh i had plenty more Build names on the way in the likes ofā€¦

Mommas Biscuit Recipe
Touch my Biscuitā€¦ Dare you!
Its all about the Biscuit
Biscuit? Always
Magically Inclined Biscuit

And so on :stuck_out_tongue:

Iam w3 cry2 Psycho 1 RC 1 right now and i can tell u that the mobs even get hit if they are not frozen this works for icewall and for pillar too (tested with other cryos) - but i red IB/IW will get limitation to hit max 8 mobs dont know if that count for pillar too.
Problem i see with psycho is that u need surspell to get ur pp combo without interruption - that leads to wizard 2 at lastā€¦ RC is nice to have and i agree with u if u say - qc is not needed but 4 seconds without surspell are still an decent time. On top - if u want to use mage skills while beeing giant and u dont get w3 for magic missle - just cant say if that a good goal ^^ if u could use more skills - its another thing xD
Iam currently thinking that cryo 3 linker 2 FF2 would be nice - but its always is a risk to use bloodcurseā€¦ therefore it would be nice to know what we will get on rank 9.

Hello again!

Now in regards to Ice Wall, Frost Pillar and Ice Blast, i have just tested all of this, considering the big patch is gonna be here any time now im going to hold off on it and just redo the Cryomancer Guide wen it hits with this new information i didnt know about.

For now heres what is missing:

• Enemies near your Frost Pillar count as being frozen, meaning, you can use your Ice Blast to trigger its damage on enemies near the Frost Pillar, works on Bosses.

• Using Ice Wall on targets near the Frost Pillar is not an interaction, what you saw was the damage dealt by Ice Wall wen you place it down and it hits enemies. This was something i forgot to mention and i will be adding in the redone Guide.

• Like i said in the previous point, Ice Wall does damage to enemies it collides with wen you place it down, this includes bosses, another thing that i did not mention because i never noticed it, is that enemies near the Ice Wall that get frozen by the Ice Wall freeze component take damage from the Ice Wall, as far as i can tell this can only happen to targets that can be frozen.

As i keep saying, soon as the patch hits, ill start working on replacing the Cryo Guide and Ice Wall Guide with new ones containing all of this information.

Thanks for all the help and for helping with new information :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are most welcome Magic. We are here to expand the circle of knowledge for Cryomancers in hope that more join our ranks ^^. ((Well not really but I am a cryo-fanatic and I wanted to sound cool))

haha You sounded very cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill keep working on the thread for as long as there is more to add to it or perfect, i do love my cryomancer so its my pleasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

This a great post! and I love cyro for its versatile :sunglasses:

Just want to share my experience in partying with other build being cyro3-sorc2-wl2 for almost 1 year.

Using Ice wall you can cage the boss.
I bet you have experience the boss switch in another direction(mainly top dps in your party agro the boss) while your fire pillar, zaibas, or pole of agony is still on cast and hate going to waste those skills.Use Ice wall in the opposite direction of the boss then cage it. This is best way when your party is full of magic user but do not use it if your party is full of melee builds. If you are cyro-kino just use swap then cage it.

Snow rolling with fireball.
For what I have experience this is good if you have a pyro on your party, mainly you can intact fireball on the snowball this is good in hording the mobs. You can use this on boss fight for continues damage but I havenā€™t proven if fireball that are link and adding snow rolling can do more damage. It loss half boss health in some instances but not yet proven.

Invocation + dark theurge + frost pillar are good crowd control.
Usually, I use this on mission. it give me more soul, since frost pillar has the power to suck mobs within 3-4 tiles in its area.

you forgot some important builds biscount XD, the ones with use just one rank of cryo like Wiz3>cryo>kino>RC>x>sage and you miss cryo3>chrono3>sage/RC that but are pretty good.

Hello there!

haha I didnt think of that to be honest, i didnt know Snow Rolling picked up the fire balls as well, sounds like an awesome and fun combo!

Not so sure if its still gonna work after the re balance patch since you wont be able to move the fireballs any more unless their your own, so guess it could only work with pyromancer in your build.

Im not sure about it but i think fireball is being turned into a one hit wonder as well so might be hard or not worth it to pull off, still sounds fun tho!

I didnt add every single build out there, i just did a few i thought of as examples and personally that i found kinda fun :slight_smile:

There will be no point in picking up Fireballs because they will have only 1 hit after the patch.

Its still a neat little trick and it can be useful if you would be able to move them around freely instead of just hitting them to move in a line.

Another thing is, as a Cryomancer you will most likely go Rod+Shield, this means you wont be able to hit the Fireball to move it, Snow Rolling would fix that :slight_smile:

Considering the breadā€™n butter build (Cryo3/Chrono3/Sage) do you guys think is worth to change the stats distribution? The meta will shift from full CON to another ratio ? Maybe with a little SPR or INT ?

Since stats will not be that important in the new skill formula (so probably INT still not necessary) and considering cryo skills is better damage wise, what will be essential is the weapon right? So Audra is (and ever was) mandatory to cryo spells, right?

The way the skills are gonna scale is with your Magic Attack, big chunk of it is gonna be coming from your weapon and the rest from your INT.

If you want to have a fair amount of damage i recommend going INT.
More precisely around 40 - 80 CON (personally id go 80) for survival and the rest INT.

If what you want is to just be a support then by all means you can stick with a CON build.
You will still do some damage just not as much as a Cryomancer that went with a INT build.

Damage is gonna be calculated (if im not mistaken) as a % of your Magic Attack.
Meaning, if you only rely on your weapon to do damage and your weapon has 300 Magic Attack, then that is all that is gonna be calculated into your damage, plus what ever base INT you have.

So INT builds will always do a lot more damage then a full CON one.

If you want to have a look at the %dmg ratio on your spells have a look here:
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner

If your using Google Chrome, you can just right click on the page and then select ā€œTranslate this page to Englishā€.

Gear wise, nothing really changed, everything that was good for the Cryo, all the best in slot gear and such will still be the same.

Bit long reply but hope that answered your question :slight_smile:

oh that sucks, there no point adding skill points in snow rolling after the revamp

No? Why not?

The difference from rank1 to rank5 is a bit over 100%!
Dont forget we are talking about %dmg, 100% is huuuge!

Other spells that have higher % are mostly 1 hits or something like that, so they need that high scale.
But Snow Rolling is a multi hit AoE spell, so ofc it wont have a silly high % because it dosent need it.

Snow Rolling will be stronger then ever come the patch.

Also to add to thatā€¦ your snowball is bigger with each level too. So you can pick up more mobs faster!

any1 of u knowe if audra is still viabel in r8 after patch ? Iam not sure if the 2 extra lvl will be more dmg than a complete new and stronger weapon for lvl 315+

adding points to snow rolling increases aoe attack ratio and rolling duration.
You will be doing more damage via (damage per sec)xRolling duration. where damage per sec increases with skill level as a % of your magic attack. 5 points to max it isnt that bad.
I might use it for fun in my cryo c3 kino c3 RC build. raise into snow rolling after raise stops might be fun.