Tree of Savior Forum

Very Unpopular and Probably Hated complaint

We got that, is called Teleport skill :3 and it is less random and more useful than most people think…

INB4 they give teleport to everyone like they did with dash xD

removing the quest teleport would certainly have negative feedbacks to the game, especially when you have to backtrack to several maps walking/riding to get back to your quest.

I feel like teleport should be every wiz’s dash instead of the actual dash.

The quest warp was(is) their way of addressing the redundancy of having to back track when finishing a quest. A better option would have been map and quest design like in the very 1st map of the klaipedia starter zones. The quest npc and target aren’t too far from each other and the entire chain circles back to the camp in the middle of the map. The problem is the quest giver is still the one to end the quest so you HAVE to go back to them.

since when did i ever talk about removing quest warp guys wtf has this discussion devolved into in 1 day i left it.

i only have very few characters even in the few years i played this game, and none of them sell portal.

can you engage the discussion without blind assumption so we can get somewhere?

the reasoning behind this complaint was very clear that it was never intended to be this free forever whenever wherever teleport that can be used infinitely. it’s a convenience to get back to the quest giver to finish the quest.

not completing a quest for teleport is ridiculous and unnatural it should not be the system of the game.
don’t get salty just because my complaint doesn’t align with your view.

This. 90% of the mapa are abandoned.

Not completing quest to save the warp seems quite natural. You give up the reward for the quest (exp, silver, exp cards, adv points, etc) in exchange for having a warp. Seems legit.
There is a similar approach in many mmorpgs - players clear some particular quests to particular stage without clearing it to get some benefits. In exchange they never get the final reward.

Gosh, there are more than enough inconveniences in this game already, don’t try to ruin convenient things, please.

4 Likes

And you can’t have both a better map traveling system and being able to complete quests normally? If people are too used to having fast travel to all maps through quests then why not appeal for a fast-travel function to all maps that have all quests completed?

Well ToS is what it is cause the players get used to whatever works I guess.

2 Likes

why not appeal for a fast-travel function to all maps that have all quests completed?

That would be awesome and actually encourage people to do deym quests.

2 Likes

I am fine with they removing quest warps if they implement mount-type pets that allow us to sprint and travel maps fast like 60+ movspeed.
I don’t get why we can mount things like penguins and dogs, those should be pets only and mounts should be a different category.

I actually want to do all quests on my main for when I’m bored but it’s the quest warp waypoints making me hesitate.

I understand that it’s convenient to a lot more people though, and also that IMC should be prioritizing many other things before they bother with this. Aside from that though, convenience should not get in the way of improving the game where it can.

2 Likes

once again, I never said I want them to remove quest warp.

people came in here not wanting to read, just want to talk.

1 Like

force the game to complete quests would turn the game completely Linear.

End quest teleport would turn the game more extense than already is.

But I understand your point of view. Well, thanks for showing your side of the history,
even if we want or not, the game still has its own economy, but believe me, is broke in other areas too, and has nothing to do with RMT.

Best suggestion ever.

I won’t say that these features are enjoyable but they work to slow down inflation, if players quit fast in the current game state imagine if they figure out they can’t get anything valuable to sell nor purchase good items cause they don’t make enough money. On the other side they can’t lift those till the playerbase grow enough and reintroduce as players will backlash right away. Taxes are needed on the long run, tho i’ll agree the current implementation has a lot of room to improve.

The issue is when this convinience feature becomes the norm and players stop finishing quests for fast and free mobility, how much silver, EXP and EXP cards do they have to offer us in exchange to not have this free mobility? Warp is only half of the problem here and aside for high level quests and the ones with special rewards (stat points and legendary socket) there’s no real reason to finish them at all, the feature is turning into the reward.

Statue warps kinda do this already, I get that the main complain that makes a feature like that viable is that the map layout and size forces players to waste a lot of time blazing through them. If they add this as a individual feature statues will lose meaning yet if they make it part of the warp zone the UI can be overloaded (reminding that right now some players get VGA just by opening the world map), it is possible to make it work and could end this warp saving practice but i don’t see this as the best solution for the problem. I think it could be more interesting to open up more paths in maps and have some sort of “barricades” unlocked when completing quests, this can be a softer and more natural reward to those that do it (as the ones that didn’t will have to walk farther every single time).

What i see as the real issue with maps and quests is that they only have value when they are the destination, there’s no real reason to kill enemies while traveling as it only slows you down for no benefit. Late game maps have such low material drop and EXP per mob that it is pointless to use your time trying to fetch some loot while moving (as any lower map won’t have value on either elements) and when we combine the aggro retriction it turns more frustrating to do it, in fact they changed the game in such way that no map gves you any sense of distress leaving this fundamental part of the game trivial on every single matter.

It isn’t about sheer convinience, avoiding taxes or saving time, the real issue that makes warp saving a thing is that traveling through maps is boring and feels like a waste of time.

1 Like

My suggestion is sort of a compromise between what people are used to (teleporting to any unfinished quest) and how questing is supposed to be (you finish them lol). If it makes teleport statues obsolete then maybe those can be removed or their function can be changed (like changing their function to be where you can set the warp waypoints themselves for a fee, and then each player can only hold a set amount of warp points that work pretty much like the current quest warps).

I’m kind of approaching the topic with the idea that sometimes the best user experience solutions are made from just working with whatever people are already used to (specially in cases where the users completely stray away from the designed intention).

1 Like

Templar’s [Summon Guild Member] and [Warp To Guild Member] don’t already do it? ’ -’ kinda

Sounds like Gate Route and Maven for me, so, unless my assumption is wrong, this is a super bad idea.
What I’m getting from the replies here is that the problem isn’t quest warping, but how traveling is annoying and boring, besides most maps in the game being completely outdated or irrelevant (how many people here know what is Laukyme Swamp, I wonder?). Most people hate to play walking simulators, so having a convenient feature such as quest warping is a blessing.
Unfortunately, due to many players going between maps using warps to unfinished quests, some people here can’t even sleep at night because oh no, they’re “abusing” a feature present in the game since day one. So how do we satisfy everyone? Here’s a try:

• Make quest warps available only in the map you’re in (maybe make the player automatically finish it when they use a quest warp?);
  • Make so that, when you finish a questline (including side questlines), you can warp to the NPCs in that region from Goddess Statues, including them as additional warping destinations.
1 Like

Actually i was talking about something similar to Tyla’s Monastery that has a convinience gate unlocked at the end of the quest as in the image bellow (ignore the black square).

Players can still walk around the map on a long route (unlike the Gate Route slow gate) but the quest will unlock a shotcut, this would be extra handy in dungeon maps.

Those things are really bad though, there is stuff that helps but these are not them. Velcoffer cubes get rid of silver, attributes to, and attributes are super important and are getting way more expensive in Rebuild. In Rebuild all classes will cost more than a Rank 7 class does, which is insane, but it’s all the more reason you need to save this money.

It’s not fun to use the market because you lose so much, I understand having 1 small tax, like maybe when you put it up you pay for how many days it’s up, but the 10% loss on a sale is insane.

Worse than that though is specific class tax. You want to be a Krivis Zealot, you’re gonna be using Melstis for every other Fanatic Illusion, and that’s 5 powder, but that’s no where near as bad as Chrono and Paladin have it. 10 Holy Water for 1 Barrier, which btw the duration is getting ■■■■ on so that’s way more Holy Water needed. That’s an expensive material to.

Just punishing players for picking these classes, meanwhile Lancer continues to “Prevent” they don’t pay Holy Water for it, and why do Linkers not pay chains or torture tools for their Joint Penalty/Spirit Shock? I’m not actually saying they should but some of the actual problem classes and very popular classes pay no mats, while these other ones lose a significant amount of money which heavily discourages the use of the skills, which heavily discourages playing the classes in general.

1 Like