Tree of Savior Forum

Versatile Kabbalist? (Cleric C1->Priest C2->Paladin C1->Monk C2->Kabbalist C1)

Hello, guys, I’d like to submit this crazy but interesting Idea for a versatility based support character that goes:
Cleric -> Priest -> Priest -> Paladin -> Monk -> Monk -> Kabbalist

I’m gonna try to explain the concept behind this insanity. As I’m going to play mostly with my girlfriend, who is going for a dps mage, and I really like hybrid characters (excepcionally beefy healers), I decided to go for it.
Now I’ll explain the classes I chose:

Cleric C1:
As you can see in the build linked above, I didn’t put any points in Cure, because I am going to be accompanied by a dps and I find more usefull to put those points in Deprotected Zone, for later boss fights. Heal and Safety Zone are a must have in Cleric C1, for their utility.

Priest C2:
All of us know that the Priest buffs are AMAZING, and, in my opinion, you can only make good use of this class with two ranks on it. I chose to go with those skills, in these levels, because in my point of view it suits the playstyle I’m aiming, with decent heals and decent buffs.

Paladin C1:
Here things start to get a little messy, by choosing to go Pally instead of Priest C3, I wanted to get that defensive goodness Paladin has to offer, with Restoration and Resist Elements. Smite is a good strike damage ability and, if used with the right equipment and the right stats, can be devastating.

Monk C2:
This is the dps part of the build, by going with an offensive class, I was looking mostly for aggro so I could tank effectivelly, but as I really like the style of the Monk and still want to do well in PvP (and GvG in the future), I chose to commit two ranks on this class. As for the skills I chose, I wanted to have Iron Skin to neglect some damage while tanking and the rest is pretty standard, Double Punch as main source of damage, Palm Strike for the AoE and Hand Knife for the CC. For the second circle, I went One Inch Punch for the DoT and the defense reduction attribute, and Energy Blast because who the hell plays Monk if not for this skill? Just kidding, it is a relyable source of damage, in combo with Safety Zone.

Kabbalist C1:
Why the heck pick Kabbalist with monk??? Four words, two skills: Double HP, Revenged Sevenfold.
I really want the survivability that Ein Sof and Revenged Sevenfold bring up to this build. I went with Merkabah mostly for the attribute, CC is always great. For the other three other skills, I’m still asking myself if they are really worth it or if I should invest those points in Merkabah.

“But what about the stats for this build?” you may ask. I’m not certain, but I really think STR/CON/DEX is the way, or even CON/STR/DEX for the extra survivability. Being 90 the minimum DEX for the accuracy. I don’t think investing in Spirit is really necessary or worth it, as the SP on clerics tend to scale nicely, but I think I will end up with 20~30 Spirit or so, if I find it really worth it.

I think you got the concept, the objective is to be the most versatile as possible, without losing utility, so I can be this hybrid thing you see. I look forward to read your comments on this build, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

The utility of C1-Paladin is extremely limited, I tried it instead of C3-Presit on my Monk build during CBT.

It was really bad an regretted it greatly. Just having the extra priest points an abilities is vastly more important.

At least that’s the conclusion I came to during the CBT. I got to about 120-140 I believe with 140 hours of play.

I also found Smite to be extremely bad with my testing except for the mobs it’s super effective against. But even then Monk skills got the job done nearly as well.

The main reason why every knowledgeable cleric here will and shall suggest to invest a point in Cure is to get rid of rank 1 ailments that will hinder you or your partner’s capability to fight. Deprotect zone is useless to your partner, only to you this skill will be useful and im certain your buddy will murder the enemy before you get a good stack on this debuff.

As for priest buff, the reason for a lv 2 or more monstrance is that: 1. you like shiny circles and 2. More defense loss on the enemy. If you’re both on the list, then it should be okay.

Mostly, monstrance 1 is good for dex boost.

There’s nothing wrong with your monk skill setup. But for me, the thought of having a knife hand 4 is not good. Scrap 3 points of it and toss it to palm strike for more power or Iron skin for the heck of it. Your choice.

Assuming that you’d be partnering with your buddy till you reach max level, then the pally might be good. But in a party, chances are, you’d encounter a C3 pally and yes, your pally skills become obsolete.

As for kabbalist, merkabah is good, whether you’re a str type or int type. Sadly, there aren’t any information regarding kabbalist, especially the last 3 skills. Kabbalist C2 might have good skills but meh, we’ll never know that until it arrive

Thank you!
What about the stats? Do you think it would work to be a kind of tanky monk? What stats did you use in your build?

Here is a build created earlier with my advice, It’s almost a carbon copy of my own. Except I wonder about the utility of Golden Bell, but if you’re looking for a tanky Monk you’d likely want it.

Keep in mind however, a Monk doesn’t have taunt abilities. So it cannot tank in the strictest sense unless it can keep aggro. However if you mean survivability, then it’s about as tanky as it gets.

With 18 seconds of invisibility between two skills. An the ability to revive at 50% health even if you go down.

Also remember a Monk mostly uses dodge to avoid damage. Although Stoneskin is amazing for blocking as well of course.

Stats wise it’s just the standard strength & dex focus. Maybe some points in con if you really need it. An of course there’s nothing wrong with you dropping C3 Monk.

C2 Monk gives you access to 90% of the good stuff anyway.

Well, I didn’t think about the ailments, I can see your point. In regard to Deprotected Zone, I thought of having it just for the extra support in raids and dungeons maybe, as in duo with a Magic dps it is not going to be used so much…

I sort of agree about monstrance, I might realocate some points in Priest.

I totally agree with just putting 1 point in Hand Knife, I don’t know what I was thinking hahahah
I think i’m gonna put those in Iron Skin or maybe saving to put them in Double Punch, or even in Palm Strike for better AoE (and with this, more aggro).

I am almost certain now that I’m gonna go Priest C3 instead of Paladin, as it would be more profitable for the build.

I don’t think Kabbalist is that much of a risk, for me, those skills, even in C1 are great, if the ones on C2 are good too, it would be awesome, we will see. Hahaha

I like your build, but, for now, I think I’ll stick with Kabbalist, but maybe in later ranks I’ll go for Monk C3, for the Golden Bell and more level for the other skills.

Why not drop Priest C3 and go for Cleric C2 for twice as efficient heals and way better Safety Zone (because of attribute)?

Because enhanced Revive, StoneSkin & Sacrament are simply better than enhanced Heal & Safety Zone.

Also remember Mass Heal is percentage based an scales better with a Monk who’s obviously going to avoid stats like spirit & intellect.

Heal also has plenty of downsides, it’s not uncommon for one team member to eat an entire heal cast later in the game.

It also requires they stop what they’re doing to run over your heal. Or you run to them to cast heal on them. Mass Heal isn’t as limited in those factors.

Furthermore how much healing is to much? Don’t get me wrong I see the utility of C2 Cleric, I have just come to the conclusion it’s not more useful.

I’ll consider picking it up on the 8th tier, if I feel my healing ability or survivability is lacking. But honestly I doubt I’ll feel that way.

I built another build taking in count your advices, this time I went

Cleric C1 -> Priest C3 -> Monk C2 -> Kabbalist C1

As suggested I changed from Paladin at Rank 4 to Priest C3, so I could get better buffs and stuff. I also changed some skills in the Monk C2, as I wanted those skills to fit my build even better, like spending more points in Iron Skin and reducing some points at Hand Knife. I also spent more points in Merkabah, as I searched more about the other Kabbalist skills and figured out that they are pretty sucky.

Please take a look at this new build! Thank you all

I’m curious, why iron skin 5?

You’re overspending on Blessing, the most you need is 3 points. It might be possible some classes use more than 60 hits in 35 seconds. But at the extreme you’d need 4-5.

Aspersion isn’t worth 5 points, it only works for melee physical attacks. I’m not even sure it’s worth 1. But I think 1 is a safe bet. 5 is a waste, much better to max resurrect there instead.

Monstrance only needs 1 point, it’s only the dex buff component of the skill that matters. Which is the same with 1 or 15 points.

Iron Skin suffers from the same problem as Aspersion. I’d say honestly drop the skill entirely to focus on enhancing your DPS. Survivability will already be through the roof.

Here…

I intended to use Iron Skin for the invulnerability, so I could have more survivability.

If its for that, then I guess lv5 iron skin is justified.

But you should be aware that it ain’t gonna save you from spell casters and rangers.

Well, I see now the real utility of the points on the buffs, thank you so much, it made things really clear, I’ll probably be fixing some points of the build through this month, as I’m only playing when the F2P servers go live… Thank you for your help!!

Yes, I know, its a shame, but it will be nice to reflect some damage, I’m imagining it on PvP hahah