Tree of Savior Forum

US mentality behind regional servers

Btw, I just read the official post and noticed that you didn’t include this:

“That being said, we will consider creating regional servers later down
the line if we see enough support from those regions. Most importantly,
we will be offering a 1-time Team transfer to regional servers if and
when they are created. Only 1 Team transfer will be offered to each
Steam account.”

We need more EU to actually play the game for us to even get an Eu server. They even said that we will get a 1-time team transfer.

5 Likes

Well said lol

Them refunding won’t help their cause but they think by telling everyone if you don’t open a EU server we will refunds…seriously think IMC will just give it to you guys.

I mean be grateful that you guys can even be able to play the game.Some people can’t even play the game due to reasons. You guys are winning…cmon.You get 1 free team transfer so why not play the game and see where things go.If you don’t like to pay then wait for F2P.Quit now and you guys most likely won’t see a EU server ever.Did even said they would give you one down the road.

Need to stop the kid mentally “I need to have it now or it’s never.”

You shouldn’t demand a refund, demands won’t do a thing.

Steam will allow you to refund, due to their fairly new policies.

So feel free to refund, it’ll do one of 2 things:

1. Draw a red flag with IMC, showing that a majority of EU players are not OK with this.
  2. If a majority of EU players don’t refund, then the whole plan will backfire.

Personally I think players between 90-150 ping is not a huge issue (which seems to be the case for most of the EU since we’re on East Coast servers) and they decided instead of making EU users, they’d test out the current setup and see if a majority would still complain. That way they’d know for sure if it’s actually worth it to create more servers in different regions.

8 Likes

My god more and more people like this…

So you say standing against injustice like lack of regiona servers when only NA exist isnt hypocrisy? Its natural response when so many people are neglected. What I’d like to see is equality, not praising EU. It would be hipocrisy if I said " open EU server and shut down NA". But i didnt so hush.

Free transfers are the worst idea in all of this, unless account gets wiped. Btw what kind of account will ppl transfer? The one with 5th lvl becase lags prevented them from playing in the first place?

And to all of you, even if IMC is KOREAN, if they think that US is hub, IT IS US mentality by their performance. I didnt say US players are guilty, I didnt say IMC is US. My god…

hmm many guys stopped reading after the “there will be no eu server for now” including me - i seriously didn read that until now xDDD
sounds ok still sad that a couple people choose not to play tho

At this point i think its just naive

Have you ever played MMO competitively? Fist months are crucial if you want to get somewhere, its a rat race. Now im not this kind of person but i can understand others who are. Transfers are BS unless account gets wiped. Worst mistake is to transfer geared lvl 600 on fresh server or whatever.

there are people in germany reporting better latency to the east coast servers than i get from the west coast. I honestly dont see why people are acting like eu needs its own servers
The only bad pings ive seen reported are coming from se asia and parts of the middle east, if anything that should be sorted before eu needs any special attention

How is leaving the game for good or getting a refund going to help your cause? You think once you guys do that IMC will beg you guys to come back?

If you truly want something to happen, I say don’t quit.If paying for an EA it’s not your thing then just play at F2P and wait for them to open the EU server and continue to support them.

France has 200-270 from what ive seen, i got 315. Previously its been at 140 so dont be surprised with my concern.

You are overreacting my friend, if you think 150ms is bad try being in my shoes. Ping may differ based on your location on EU, but you get the point.

I have 250 possibly more. I dont really get your reply, so you’re saying your 150ms is so bad you’d only reach lvl 5? and it makes transfers useless.

Are you new to MMOs? If you’re that lag sensitive that you cant get pass lvl 5 with 150ms then you should just play offline games.

I’m sorry I dont get what you mean by if they have a US hub then its US mentality thing. Someone enlighten me, as none of it makes sense.

AGAIN, I am not against you getting you’re EU server. I am just upset that you would make this kind of post and try to start a Riot and Refund, wtf?
You dont seem to get my point, It is unfortunate that we arent getting our servers, but it doesnt have to be this instant. IT IS EARLY ACCESS. The whole playerbase isn’t determined yet. If you are sure that there will be alot of EU players then why are you so worried? I’m sure you will get it in the future right?

If you are losing interest why are you dragging other people with you? You are not neglected, you simply just want to GET WHAT YOU WANT NOW. That is being selfish, If it was that easy I’m sure IMC would have given us all servers now, but pretty sure its not. Why wouldn’t they right? unless they are trolls and like to see us suffer.

If I too was running an MMO I would also wait for the real numbers (when f2p) is out before making the final decision.

10 Likes

Stop whining and just refund it if you like.

2 Likes

Hold on…

“That being said, we will consider creating regional servers later down the line if we see enough support from those regions. Most importantly, we will be offering a 1-time Team transfer to regional servers if and when they are created. Only 1 Team transfer will be offered to each Steam account.”

Doesn’t this mean that you can just transfer your entire team to the new EU servers IF they make one? I think OP is assuming he will be stuck on NA servers forever considering he only quoted half of the whole statement.

Or am I misinterpreting this wrong?

3 Likes

You should take a silent leave if you don’t see yourself being happy with the game.

From the way your arguments are constructed you seem defiant to the idea of finding a compromise (which IMC offered).
Showing and representing your opinion and criticism is totally fine but people have given you solid points to the concerns you’ve shown which you have completely frowned upon instead of taking it with respect.

I don’t see this discussion going anywhere since it just appears that people are talking to a wall.

I get it and in multiple replies ppl say so, but how far can it go. How long can ppl wait to see something more than suggestion from IMC that EU servers might come in the future. And what if they’re not, we cannot be sure, IMC didnt build bond with players to make us believe their words, when everything else is screaming different.

as long as there is no packet loss those are acceptable latency for an mmo. You wont be able to play certain archer builds. But you cant play those builds optimally with even 100ms. They are basically only for people who live right next to the servers unless imc changes the way the game handles basic attacks (which they really should)

2 Likes

There are more constructive ways to go around doing this.

For instance, you could petition @Staff_Julie to talk to IMC and see if they could host a Kickstarter. For every €1 awarded to the Kickstarter they would award an equivalent TP so that your money isn’t spent buying them free hosting but rather is spent in advance for in-game currency.

Once the Kickstarter is met, and the server funding is completed (if there is as much a demand as is suggested then it wouldn’t take long) there would likely be a 1-2 month period of waiting that would still have to take place while they set everything up and gather your account information to award the TP. By then the game would be F2P so demanding a refund now would have only set IMC back and your own account as you would have missed out on valuable early-access time for a game we are all passionate about.

That’s just one idea of many. Coming to the forums and demanding a riot is akin to throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store. Nobody looks on to that without a grimace.

After the F2P launch IMC could even just add a few “EU Server” DLC packages. If they get enough sales to open the EU server then they open it and easily award TP. If they don’t get what they need in a certain amount of time then they could issue a refund for every purchase at once. Adding those before launch would only server to confuse the Steam buyers more than they already are as the forums over there were a wreck after the EA package fiasco.

5 Likes

Ohhh so you’re French ? Du coup je comprends ton combat de pleurnicheuse :slight_smile:

France : 150-200ms
Fair enough to play for a few months.

I dont know why do you expect me to change my mind and refuse to admit that i might be right. Why is it me being the wall not the other way around? Im as dedicated to my opinions how you are to yours. Thats the normal course of events in discussion. So i dont see a reason for pointing that out.

Dude I was freaking happy for 142ping that i got previously. But now its 315. Dont tell me its okay ;d