Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

They should at least remove Soul Stones from the cash shop. An instant full health revive gives an advantage for those who throw money at IMC to purchase loads of them, not to mention makes priest resurrection pointless. Also, the Token should be a cash shop item only. People willing to spend a lot of money towards purchases of this item will become instant millionaires by selling them in game, giving them the chance and means to buy the best/rarest/ items in the auction house.

I have no problem with them allowing sales on tokens in the AH, even with 100 billion silver you can’t be stronger then your level allows… There might be slight differences in the amount of upgrades they possess, but overall it’s generally similar gear.
As well as it giving an option for people who don’t want to/can’t buy tokens to obtain the V.I.P. like status.
And as for full-health revives, it costs money to do this… and even then it’s just a minor convenience to be able to re-spawn where you died instead of a nearby town.

i thought you guys were sure about LA not being able to redeem the founders pack D:

i was sure i’d buy the 10 dollars pass, now i’m divided again :confused:

can i buy more than one pass?

And making those that buy several Tokens to sell in game, richer and richer. I agree with everything you said.

Aside from that, The Token should be a Cash Shop item only, or purchasable from in-game NPCs, they could also be obtainable through events. Can’t help but shake the feeling of P2W when the Tokens can be bought with real money and sol for in game currency.

You can only buy one of each ($10, $30, $50)
Unless you want to gift them.

So you can’t buy more than one of the same pass.
Does that answer your question?

I don’t like that you used a quote from my post that i didn’t specifically say myself. It makes me sound like that I said those things. Please edit your post. :confused:

When they are top level then. They can spend real life money to earn in game millions and buying rare items, gear, etc. When those who don’t have grind for it.

Minor convenience? For PvE, maybe. The item can be used in GvG, which means the winner will be the group that has the higher amount of this item.

I edited it. But, it was a clear input and not part of your quote. I do see how it could be misinterpreted though.

1 Like

Well it’s more of a wait and see, we don’t even know what items are in the game/which are tradable, also by buying the items you lose potential so you could argue there are advantages to finding your own gear, rather than simply throwing your money at the auction house.

Disabling it in GvG seems a better solution then just completely removing another item from the Cash Shop. (I wasn’t even aware you could use them for this)

GvG isn’t really implemented. There’s open world pvp when you war with another guild. But this is only for fun, not competitive. You can leave a guild if your guild leader is careless and wars without proper reason.

But there are no said benefits to this.

If you are playing competitively, it’s not hard to save enough silver for a token.

Yes, you can buy more than 1. If I was in your position though, I would personally just wait until Mar 28th to buy it. With staff answering more questions each day, you should (hopefully) have more information to make an informed decision by then.

1 Like

I agree with this.

/20char

Agreed, we will have to wait and see. However, even if gear is slightly degraded after purchase, more in game money earned via means of real money intervention still gives the advantage to those that are willing/able to spend money on Tokens to sell in game.

I don’t see how this is possible. GvG happens anywhere in the world map. Players can attack one another where ever they meet, except towns maybe. Disabling the item for GvG would mean that as long as there is a GvG, no one in the guild can use it in PvE until the war is over.

That is what I am referring to. You can destroy each other’s guild tower, just because there is nothing to gain from engaging in this does not mean it can’t be competitive.

That is not the issue. The issue is players becoming instantly rich from selling multiple Tokens in game, via AH.

So from everything that has been said untill now these are the changes that the majority of the community would like to see:

• items enchanted with scrolls should have the enchanted stat disabled during PvP ( needed to compensate the P2W factor )

• free 1:1 item trade, no silver trade at all ( needed to keep a social basic feature in the game thus preventing new players to stop playing AND at the same time prevent gold spammers )

• free, or at least forever unlockable using in game currency ( like buying a token in game with silver and use it to forever unlock it ) team storage ( in order to keep “money making classes” like crafting classes from becoming completely useless stopping eventual incomes and crafted items from beeing shared into the account )

Just a recap really… and i agree with every single point expecially since all these changes would greatly improve the playability of the game for everyone while not taking away that much value from the token system…

…unless, of course, you love P2W mechanics

http://ust.chatango.com/um/m/a/madokat/img/l_203.jpg

This topic is derailed to an endless self renovjuvating circle of praise, whiteknighting and then blatantly black magic.

What will happen next … find out in Tos Forum Eps 10! The Hype Zombie Emerges, fighting against P2W Accusations~

2 Likes

Does anyone know what’s the smallest amount of TP you can buy?

They said 100 points was around 9 USD, but it’s also likely to be localized just like the steam Founder’s packs.

No Info yet.

But as far a si know. No TP buyable till Opem Beta.
Just the tp from packs atm.

Atleast that was stated in such a way… could be translation error.

As long as i can obtain said benefits without having to pay a subscription every month through actually playing the game. I’m ok with it.

Also you can only supply the number of tokens that are in demand. So arguing people can become rich from buying token is actually making it even less fair for f2p players by disallowing trading tokens on market.

1 Like