Tree of Savior Forum

Update Preview Pt. 1: Arts System

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Update Preview Pt. 1: Arts System’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=1775

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

1 Like

I am excited to see live on August 8th

1 Like

Matheus Revoredo

This is horrible and stupid, to say the least.
A bunch of new “systems” (power upgrades) keep on being added to keep people farming but there are just way too many power upgrades, to the point people are already hitting cap damage on multiple hits, whats then the point on adding more and more systems. I hated the seal system, now this?
legend cards, seals, tomes… how about different items and raids for people to farm? too much work? how about more optimization settings and less stuff like this?
there are currently zero people with seal lvl 5, and on top of it you added a % chance for the seals to break on top of a very destructive price (as in billions of silver worth of stuff for a lvl 5 seal)
nobody has lvl 5 seal, nobody has lvl 10 legend card, yet we have MORE systems?
Cmon, give us a break, this is too overwhelming.

2 Likes

It’s funny how people get over work up over this.TOS as never gave us gear or weapon that we actually need to complete any top content PVE.

These systems that causes RNG over RNG is only luxury,PVP is all about CC and PVE is all about knowing the mechanics.

The game optimization is a joke you lag so much and they introduced large scale of PVP.The PVE is awful because the top weapon or gear you get is meant for PVP because there is no other PVE content that would require such top tier gear/weapon.

1 Like

I got two questions.

1 - Does that means that skills related to Arts won’t be moved, changed nor removed? It feels quite troublesome to invest in the system (specially with about 1 Art per class), sounds like a bad idea do any heavy adjustment on skills on that regard.

2 - Isn’t it better to keep skill identity and unique value than adding more additional features? The Knife Throwing: Zenith Art just convert the skill into Zenith, i suppose it still applies the Knife Throwing debuff (being a huge upgrade) and is more aligned with the melee nature of (dagger) scouts, i know these skills are in completely different trees but it feels like the Art outclasses the original version (though Zenith Art haven’t being revealed).

1 Like
  1. I think everytime there’s a change in the system they give back what we’ve invested, remember trans system, removed skills/atributes? We all got our shards, attributes points back.
    And I wouldn’t call it a “huge” investment, as it sounds it’s only 1 skill per class, 4 for your character, well, there is the random factor but it gets better with time.
    Unless you play actively with 5 characters or so, then I can understand the frustation. But the same can be said for attribute points for example.

2. I think it was easier for them to recycle some skill effects/animations, thats why I said that I would rather wait longer to see more originality.
    I hope that at least they don’t stop the art system there. I hope to see the release of more art for other skills or multiple arts for each skill so we can have more diversity.
    I don’t know if this is what you meant, but I feel that arts shouldn’t replace the original skills and instead be a option to diversify your build. Doesn’t look so far that the original skills will be a viable option after the Arts system, people will always choose to use the ART over the normal version because it will be a improved/better version.

1 Like

I think I know why Lancer is so strong now from the preview of Swordsman arts:

Leather Armor: Bestiality

Maybe they should rename it into “Lover armor”?

1 Like

I don’t get it… …

1 Like

just look up Bestiality in wikipedia and think about political correctness.

1 Like

The attribute transformation system was announced a few months ago and now we apparently we get it in the form of ARTS.

I’m interested to see where this goes, so I’ll give it a chance, but you’ll run the risk of over saturating the game and community with new systems while many that got introduced in the past are left in the dust. Here’s a small list:

1. Overkills
  2. Hidden skill interactions
  3. Homonculus
  4. Balance change to classes like paladin, chaplain, etc that never happened.

At the end of the day, the ARTS system runs the risk of being forgotten, since it’s something that requires constant balancing to an ever changing game. The requirements to obtain these new ARTS attributes is huge and there will surely be a few that won’t be as good as others, so it’s something your team always needs to keep an eye on.

Nothing is worse that an interesting new system being added to a game that gets forgotten, because you another new system to the game a few months later.

2 Likes

what does this have to do with Lancers?
The Lancer ART is called Rhongomiant: En Garde!, this Bestiality is probably Barbarian ART
I think I am missing something

edit: thanks to google now I get your zoophilic joke

1 Like

So more RNG time sinks…

… Fuuuuuuuun

2 Likes

So the Arts System is basically an over-glorified term for “Up to 4 new attributes for your class builds that uses old, pre-existing assets to make” that is gated behind RNG in the form of Books and Encyclopedias?

We can’t just receive our attributes without RNG huh … IMC just making it sound much bigger and more exaggerated than the thing that it really is.

5 Likes

Just to clarify that point, when i say huge i don’t meant the raw cost for 4 skills Arts but the RNG and time required to craft the ones you need, in addition to that adding more Arts means less chance to get all Arts you need and none of the final products is tradable. From what i understand they offer two reliable options in through direct crafting (that is worded in an unclear way) and through encyclopedia (with perhaps a 1/3 chance) to get the Art you want in exchange for a greater production cost (likely 5x+). All that when we have no information on how to adquire Mystic Tome Page, if they made equivalent to Planium it will be a pain but doable, if alike Magic Stones from Irredian Shelter, well… not a fun time.

When i ask how they’ll handle it i mean if they are considering the potential frustration the system can generate, since will be another layer of RNG, when the related components have to be readjusted as it happens every couple of months. In a way it is kinda the same issue with 2h weapons and double ichor, players that chose 2h because the option was available instead of a requirement are now in this awkward position of having invested on a 2h weapon that is less effective than the two set counterpart, of course they can always start over but it’s never fun to do it when the rules are changed after you already dedicated your time and resources.

I don’t think it’s fair to ask this much commitment and then later go “huh, this skill didn’t really worked as we wanted, we’ll change it” and just handle you a new special Art book for a skill you may not even like or have, which is the other issue with the system as it will shove you skills (or in some cases armor) that you didn’t took because you didn’t liked or wasn’t needed for your build, and i can say that because i have a character that can’t use 3 of the related arts revealed unless i change all my playstyle to adapt to the system.

All that and i forgot about the class change aspect, be that from just moving your build to a different direction (with or without balance patches) or any future class addition (like is the case for 2h sword as we still don’t have a second class exclusive to the weapon). If we really take it realistically, you finish your 4 Arts and an year after the system is released you get a new class that fits better your build, do you get your Art tome back? Do you get a selection tome? Does it just vanishes into dust? Will it go on sleep mode in case you return to that class? Will you have to play the RNG game again and again to the new class?

That’s why i ask if the related skills are meant to be set on stone at this point and if they’re aware of the potential issues with later skill changes when adding an enhancement built with RNG to the most personal aspect of the game. It is quite contradictory to see devs saying “The development team wants to make Tree of Savior a game in which you create your own unique character from among a choice of many different class builds, and then enjoy playing the game through various different types of content.” and then ship a system that says “hey, you’re supposed to get this skill and use this armor type”.

3 Likes

A bit off-topic, but also if that were the case, they’d let attribute points be a universal pool between all your characters. You have 10,000 attribute points? Every character has 10,000 attribute points that can be spent. As it stands it’s best to just pump everything into a meta build. This isn’t even considering having to find your RNG stat gear for each character, then when you’ve found that, the RNG Enhancement layer and if that’s good, investment into transcendence for them too.

The whole game screams at you for wanting to try different things.

1 Like

After we got the first glimpse of how the new arts system works, the thing that comes to my mind is:

It’s just a more expensive attribute system extension with RNG involved to acquire the new “arts” (i.e. attributes). They still cost an enormous amount of attribute points you have to farm a long time for (unless they get thrown at you via event that is).

I think the arts system would’ve been a better system if it worked alongside the achievement system, where you learn new arts by reading the tome and then increasing the proficiency in the skill you actually want to change/improve [e.g. to learn the Rubric dark element conversion art, it would’ve been fine to make the person go and kill a few 10000 or 100000 holy property enemies with Rubric].

Just reading the arts tome neither feels like training nor does the proposition to go farm a few 100000 attribute points per skill. It also makes the whole attribute system stagnant, because the possible release of further arts with coming updates will entice people to concentrate all of their attribute points on one character, even if he is (once again) maxed out on all the arts.

The worst thing is that this type of content is absolutely not for casual players.
You need to spend at least 150000 attribute points on the standalone arts and around 121000 on the skill enhancement arts (up to ~235000 if you want to max them, because they require level 100 enhancement attributes to learn).
To earn that amount of attribute points needed per character, you’d have to do a whole year of gem feud and win every round (= ~8000 medals daily, only spent on attribute points, 100 points for 140 medals each) while only spending those attribute points on arts [not including enhancement attributes required to unlock the enhancement arts].

If you want some time off the game, buy blessed gems or simply don’t have the energy to power through feud every day, as well as in case you didn’t max the enhancement attributes beforehand, get ready to grind 2 years instead. That’s how serious the issue is.

Now if we look back the last two years of TOS history, we can see how much the game changed within that time, making this a very insecure long-time investment as well.

In my opinion, it would’ve been much better if it was some experience-based achievement system that allows players to decide for themselves how slowly or fast they want to learn the new arts, as well as providing players with actual skill-related combat experience while killing/healing stuff.

1 Like