Tree of Savior Forum

Update completely messed up the economy

This is probably the most stupidest patch i have ever seen in a mmorpg.

Even my cleric/priest (which doesn’t need any pots, but use priest consumables) can’t farm/play the game anymore, i can’t even afford repairs, neither can make money to buy stuff/attributes.
I can’t even imagine with wizard or archer (i stopped playing both of mine because of mana/hp pot cost)

How are we supposed to play the game now?
Do you want everyone to leave the game?

3 Likes

Maybe is just a coincidence, but diablo 3 did the same thing with repair costs and, a week later, changed back them, because they realize how difficult is for new players to farm money.

1 Like

i wish we wouldnt have to wait a week for this since cbt only lasts 1 month

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
┻━┻ ︵ し(°□° )
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
┻━┻ ︵ し(°□° )╯︵ ┻━┻

ive just test it on mobs less 20 lvl - i farmed em till all armor gears was red and could made near 4k, and now repair cost 8k for me. Looks like ill stay away from game till devs make changes.

3 Likes

Repair costs are a new bug, updated in currently known bugs

1 Like

what were they thinking? even a simple task like grindig can mess you really good. repairing the items for lvl +40 will easily cost 100k. now imagine doing multiple runs of a dungeon and how much you’ll have to expend. what unnecessary change. the prices on the market will also sky rocket make some classes stop from moving on because they’ll have to keep the shitty equipments

Doing some math, we can stipulate how many monsters we’ll have to kill just to fix our gear afterwards.

If we think on a place with mobs around lvl 70 we have a 10 silver gain approx. for each monster, we’ll have to kill a thousand monsters to be able to repair a mid condition gear and make no money out of it. Even if we sneak in a couple 2k weapons, we still have to kill about 600 monsters before being worth to go back to the city (not counting consumables, so expect a lot of sitting and waiting time).

Good luck on that.

The repair costs are a bug, so at last it was not intentional.

1 Like

GG my sorcerer, no more summoning for you. Guess I’ll keep testing with another class for now.

Repair costs aren’t the problem. Decimating the NPC value of useless recipes and equipment is pretty bad though, they didn’t need to be reduced to that extent. At level 100, I was really enjoying my progression, saving up some cash to get another attribute level or refine my weapon once every once in a while - those were the real checks on my funds. They already bankrupted you easily if you just hammered them. I just try to hang onto around at least 100K for whatever, in case I suddenly need it, like spotting something (actually) good in the market. Raw silver from enemies, as far as I’ve experienced, seems barely enough to sustain yourself, even at moderately “high” level. The majority of players only get enough for some progression now and then by NPCing items.

With attributes beginning to cost tens of thousands of silver to increase, it seems unlikely you’d be able to get them with any sort of periodicity at this rate. The repair costs could have been increased some, certainly, and maybe NPC values could have been decreased some, but this seems like too big of a jump at once.

Even if I NPC’d the 4 weapons and 2 recipes I dont need in my inventory (because they absolutely will never sell in the market), I wouldn’t even recover 10k. I spend around 6k on skill catalysts each time I’m running low. I don’t sense any sort of progression other than base level in the future if it comes to just breaking even.

If the reason behind this change was to sink money from the highest leveled players, its poised to do more harm than good. This is obviously just conjecture, but I can’t help but feel like they might’ve anticipated it wouldn’t be well-received so it wasn’t specifically mentioned in the giant list of changes prior to or during the maintenance. I suspect activity on the forums during those four hours if beforehand they had actually included “all your stuff will only be worth 10% of it’s original value when you return” might’ve been a little different. That just seems like the sort of thing you’d want to mention when you’re listing changes, temporary or not, doesn’t it? Just saying it should have at least been announced when they had the perfect opportunity, plain and simple.

To reiterate - I don’t feel increased repair prices (when the scaling cost bug is fixed) are a problem, but any sudden inability to actually save silver for progressing and getting stronger other than gaining levels is a bit of a drag. Attributes seemed like quite good sinks to me originally since the costs went up significantly each level for the better ones. Those 20-60 minute timers for each level become meaningless if it takes you an inventory full of loot (and therefore probably several hours of playing) to afford a single level in some. I’m well aware this is a beta and changes are to be expected; I’m just trying to think of how such a large potential change in income will work in the future, especially looking at scaling prices of attributes and refining. I’d still be able to comfortably afford the bugged repair prices if my income wasn’t decreased by almost a factor of ten. The repair cost issue was quickly declared a bug in the “known issues” thread. NPC value changes, however, aren’t listed as a bug currently. If they were, they should’ve really been declared so by now, in which case I wouldn’t be so concerned.

9 Likes

It’s good that people report it…but it’s absolutely bad how people react to this. It’s a bug, it’s a beta. You are not paying for playing…you are testing. It is annoying, it was reported, it will be fixed. Now stop complaining.

I’ve even seen people that want a compensation for this…wow…just wow.

5 Likes

The changes is ridiculous as if they aren’t even testing the game themselves to see how economy works. They reduce the main source of whatever greatly supply silver in the server and at the same time increase the cost of things in a huge scale. Some players can’t even handle the cost of pots and now they have to handle the cost of repair which is a lot higher than before.

I don’t mind changes but this one show quite incompetence from the IMC team. How are they going to balance a game with this number of classes when they can’t even make a legit balancing in the economy. In fact even if they are going to return the prices of recipe now only few player will be able to handle the cost. And it’s obviously not going to work in OBT especially if they are planning to tone down the current rates.

The change really is ridiculous. Repair and Tp prices are way too high and it’s burning silvers/money fast. I do not know what came into their minds but damn it fix it now rather than a week. People are in rage. Hear us out

i think a reduction on price items is more than ok ,as long the “essential” items as pots, items used in spells and repair cost , don’t disturb you income too much.

Upgrading all your attributes and equipment of course should make you go bankrupt.
At least now people should think twise before spending.

Why the hell they changed something that nobody complains. Better change something thats more important IMC.

RIP economy.

omg what have u done! my sorcerer class i spend to much in sp pots, the price for repair is insanly high fix that!

I’m playing naked now, and have no problems with repairs.

1 Like

its already does , unless you got high level and have over 400k i cant upgrade all your itens

1 Like