Tree of Savior Forum

[Update] Clarification on the Founder's Pack and Servers

thanks man for clearing that up :slight_smile:

I already bought my Founders Pack (50 and 30 euro ones) and waiting for some good news on a EU server before the 29th.

@STAFF_Ethan
Just try to voice the idea of paid character transfer across regional different servers. It gives you all the time you need to prepare for regional servers without having people hesitate to buy the founders pack and start on US East.
There will be crybabys unhappy that it costs money but everyone who cares for ping will pay and it prevents the chaos from people switching on a mood.

I would actually pay for this. I wouldn’t mind paying say… something like 2 dollars? Just making up a number of course it could be higher. But I wouldn’t mind. If ToS proves to be enjoyable I WILL spend more money on it.

I wouldn’t pay extra for something that should’ve been there from the start. I’m going to cancel my founders packs if no EU till 29th personally.

It never had to be there. It would be better but we are talking about Open BETA here. Not finished but under developement. It would just be sad to lose what you pay for the moment the sever situation advances and that means less sales.
If you are are allowed to switch you can now play on decent conditions and move on later. But you can not make transfer for free. That causes chaos and mobbing. One might think about applying for transfer proving the local situation, but this is a lot of work.

I agree with the chaos part, but a lot of us EU players suggested that what if we get a NA server simply tagged as (Europe) in the beginning.

This way no transfers would be needed, just relocate the server database to a EU based server when it’s possible. I wouldn’t mind playing on a NA based server and paying if I knew I’d get a EU based server later on.

That way we can join in on the hype train stress free, buy our Founders Packs with no worries and no one would have to worry about transfers ruining server populations.

5 Likes

Point taken. Also a good solution.
But as a business you also need to keep server migration costs in mind. And you would have to throw warnings around that the ping situation of the server will change sooner or later. No offense but there are probably lots of huehues and others who can not even read the [Europe] Tag and ccause a shitstorm later as the server moves.
But anyways, it is a really good idea to tag a server and care for it later. :wink:

Tagging and moving a server is more difficult than you guys think. It would result into an infrastructure impact on the NA servers themselves, causing a true shitstorm. You would be barring people from playing for a while from not only EU but NA. The solution is having a server closer to EU, and this is where offshore hosting comes in handy, but that’s still open for debate or as IMC is calling it: Internal discussion. I guess we will see.

It was mentioned in a Reddit thread that the NA server is based in Amazon datacenters.

Amazon has these centers all around the world, one even in UK and one in Frankfurt Germany.

It was also mentioned that it would be free for them to do so in said thread.

Afaik they pay for server load on AWS (Amazon Cloud). So offloading Virginia server load to Frankfurt wouldn’t cost anything extra.

why do it end against us in every topic :joy:

As a brazilian, I think it’s a decent idea but I still prefer the server transfer in cash shop (with maybe one free transfer for the founders, but I’m fine if we have to buy it)

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan if you’re not setting EU serv for EA but later could you consider a free transfert for our char? so ppl can start playing then switch to serv where they have low ping i think that would be appreciated too

Hello @alexiell57,

We currently do not have any plans to allow Team transfers between worlds. Also, we have not yet reached a decision on regional servers, so please keep an eye out on our official channels for a new announcement regarding the issue.

Signed,
Staff_Ethan

@STAFF_Ethan

Is it possible to give us an ETA of when we will get any kind of update for TOS?

@Staff_Ethan

Don’t break my heart Ethan~

1 Like

What about the whole server transfer as mentioned above?

Is this solution possible?

Had the same idea why dont do server for eu la hostedt in us and later transfer data to a server located in eu/la?

if no sea server or too laggy ill refund too. :imp: :imp::imp:

Beware that you might not be able to refund after the server start.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan

Thank you for your answers. Then for me it is better to wait.

i pray all day for Eu server soo i trust IMC for picking the best for EA or 1 weeks later maybe ! cuz alot EU players have taking EA pack…

1 Like