Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

Honestly, your build needs to change as a whole once you plan to remove Rogue C2. There really isn’t any purpose getting Scout anymore as it just gimps your build as a whole. Usually, the main idea of getting Cloak is just for that stealth Backstab or having better positioning before using Burrow.

Scout C1’s utility isn’t worth a rank slot if you’re sacrificing Earth Tower potential and this is important if you’re now wanting to focus on PVE. Don’t think you can get away sacrificing 1 rank when Koreans with their hardcore PVE builds can’t even clear Earth Tower until now.

If you already have Archer C3 on your build, then you must focus on having a Falconer on your overall build.

My final recommendation to save your build and be PVE viable is go for, Archer C3 > Ranger C1 > Rogue C1 > Falconer > Cannoneer/Musketeer.

Cannoneer and Musketeer is more of a personal preference at that point. Either you’d want more AOE from Cannoneer or more semi-AOE and single target burst with Musketeer.

Unfortunately, I’m already on my 5th rank literally just yesterday before server went down, I just wished I saw this thread earlier. I am current already

A3-> scout 1-> and rouge 1.

I was thinking of doing rogue 2 and then musketeer as rank 7. So I can benefit from scout’s clock and sniper skills with feints buff

U can still salvage it with Falconer and one of the Rank 7 ones.1 Rank in Scout isn’t as bad as 1 rank in Ranger, Flare Shot is way stronger than back at CBT and Barrel is the closest archer will ever get to safety zone.

But Rogue C3 isn’t really that bad,it’s the closest you’ll get to RO’s Assassin class.

Or even go crazy bananas and Scout C3 that ■■■■.

You’re implying Scout C1 is a better option than Ranger C1? Right, I remember you also saying that Rogues on KR cannot do 99k+99k Backstab. You obviously lack so much knowledge on the game so please don’t try to mislead people here.

Ranger C1 is an extremely powerful pair with Rogue C1 due to Feint. Feint doubles the hits of Barrage from 5 hits to 10 hits. This means even if considering only the skill modifier, Barrage’s 500% modifier becomes 1000% and considering that Barrage damage attribute is maxed eventually, this becomes 2000%. With 3 charges, this becomes a total of 6000% burst thanks to Feint. Steady Aim is also a final damage modifier that increases missile damage by a solid 10% thus improving that 6000% to 6600%.

Again, that’s just modifiers alone. Barrage has a considerable amount of fixed damage per arrow even at Lv5 which is 279 per arrow and based from all the possible multipliers, this can be increased to 558 * 10 hits.

I don’t see ranger as the natural build for a pvp rogue. Maybe barrage is fine, but imo QS is the natural way to rogue, as you gain xbow skills and has more cc+survabilty. But i would consider a “bow rogue” for pve,farming/grinding etc…

Bolded fonts /20charss

Barrage doesn’t have a target cap! It hits EVERY eligible target within its AOE range once!

It’s pretty broken for PVE.

Edit: Oh, wait, I misunderstood how it worked because I hadn’t taken more than one hit to kill anything with it yet… it’s even better… Each ARROW is its own linear pierce and so you can hit any number of targets UP to five times… @_@

yes, when you have an orcale in your team you can actually see that the skill casts 5 green AOE rectangles in a fan. so for each of those hit every enemy that stand in them.

Honestly, now that Rogue is nerfed. I don’t see a reason not to invest on at least 1 circle on Ranger for the Feint + Barrage combo.

Still going for this: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/c8wwyyte1w/

Can t see any reasons it would not work

Why not Twin Arrows? It is usable from Burrow… Also ive read a lot about Oblique lvl 1 more than enough…the rest is OK i think…

For now Rogue C2 is weak ?
i want to go Archer-Ranger3-Scout-Rouge-Rouge
How about my build ?

I can be wrong but for Barrage + Feint combo, i think Rogue 1 is enough…why do you want rogue 2?

I’m newbie for this game.
Rogue 2 because i want to play as Legolas Style in the Lord of The Ring lol
sorry for my poor english.

hahahah dont worry mine isnt better and im noob too :slight_smile:

Anyway, i dont get what exactly u see in Rogue 2 and not in… for example Falconer…
The falcon can improve even more your AOE damage (Barrage + Feint + Circling = Massive Damage)
Other option instead of falconer could be Archer 2, to get more critical % from the attribute in Swift Step (u need to be Archer 2 to unlock, not possible ini Archer 1)

There can be more options better than Rogue 2 for Ranger… but thats my opinion hehe
Try to compare that to Rogue 2 and choose whatever u like the most :yum:

TY guys ill create my new build.

cool i was actualy thinking of lowering oblique to lvl 1. i ll convert that to twin arrows

Chill out about the Backstab.You’re the one who got corrected twice on the other Rogue thread. Somehow i’m the one who knows nothing about the game.

You’re the one in fault here, for making a statement wihout evidence to support it. Stop beign so defensive about it, i’m on my right to be skeptical.

Barrage+Feint is a nice damage tool, i just don’t see the appeal compared to Cloaking,which can be used for pvp(spiritual chain+cloak),drop aggro instantly,make your entire party travel any map unpunished,etc…Barrel is a poor man safety zone,and flare shot actually does damage now,also has no AOE limit,you can also use capture to re-use it.

PVP is out of question here since Irelia is trying to salvage the character into a PVE build. I know well the utility Scout can give because I myself played Scout C3 back on CBT2 and researched about it intensively. With enough experience playing a Scout, I STILL think the utilities of Scout is irrelevant to PVE. It’s convenient but unnecessary. You don’t Cloak your way to victory especially on Earth Tower.

The only time I see Scout necessary for a PVE build is not stopping at C1 but instead investing until C3 for Split Arrow since eventually, Split Arrow is like a 2-way stronger Running Shot with maxed Attributes although that will take around 73m silvers.

The reason why I was suggesting Ranger C1 is because not only Barrage can be a strong burst damage skill with Feint but it also can be used as a mob sweeper with the help of a Cryo C3 since it’s possible to cast Feint on a group of mob then cast 3x Barrage for a quick finish.

With Archer C3 and Falconer, he can cycle bursts between Feint+Barrage and Circling+Multi-Shot and this is extremely important on Earth Tower. Finally, this build cannot include Scout unless he is willing to sacrifice Cannoneer/Musketeer for a mere Scout C1 at Rank 7.

P.S. I know Irelia cannot go ahead and follow the build suggestion I gave but I just wanted to give my insights as to why the build is good for PVE and how I have spent countless hours playing Scout but I totally find C1 useless for PVE.

If you’re not QS or Sapper i suggest transfering all points from Kneeling Shot to Heavy Shot aswell.