Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

My old build was like yours.
but:

High Anchoring is bad.

Capture lvl 1 cuz it is bugged… you can do it all with just lvl 1.

Steady Aim max. lol

@Dream

Thats sad. I should never talk about sapper… well without rogue that build cant work, so it can be archer c2 > sapper c2> rogue > fletcher c2… But it looks bad without scout flare shot.

Archer > Ranger > Sapper C2 > Rogue > Fletcher C2 looks better to me even w/o Flare Shot because there’s Feint + Barrage which is alot more powerful.

Still, I don’t recommend Sapper C2 while having WB hunting in mind.

1 Like

so do you suggest take crit shot or bomb?

IMO. You should really not force yourself to salvage your old build. You can just abandon it since it’s still just at Rank 5. Just use it for boss rushing daily.

Create a new character. If you liked the one with Sapper, go for Archer > Ranger > Sapper C2 > Rogue > Fletcher C2. IMO the build looks solid and versatile. Just do not expect to outdps pure WB hunter builds like Archer > QS C3 > Fletcher C3 etc. There’s a trick to be able to capture 2 Boom Traps w/o needing another Sapper C2. That is if there’s a Dievdirby and a Chrono C3 around to reduce the cooldown of Boom Trap by 8s and 25s.

lol if i reroll i’d prob afk/play another class…so yeah i would stay with my old build, it looks fine tho?

Crt shot only for lvl 1, and later on you will prob never use it anyway. T. arrow bomb sometimes is usefull against plate mobs, it does +50% damage on them at least, plus you can knk down the mob IF the bomb effect lands (it can fail, lol)

So crt shot 1 / T arrow bomb 4

Sadly, when you stepped at Ranger C2, it stopped being fine.

well i’m taking ranger c3>muskt, didnt that make it better with the sprial arrow?

I really cant agree with that. Ranger c3 is still fine, ppl just undervalue bounce shot and spiral arrow.

Plus, +20% damage its not that bad. Not like +45% from ktos or the 15s duration, but 10s is still fine for a faster rotation. He can just spam his musk skills in this 10s, its not that bad.

Dunno if you did played with ranger c3… Im talking with exp. on it.

Yes.

lol it would be fun if the just post a patch that buffs rogue right after i pick ranger C3…it happened to me before X.X

I dont think your build is that bad too.

At the moment im sticking with:
Archer 1 > Ranger 1 > Ranger 2 > Scout 1 > Rogue 1 > Rogue 2 > Musket 1…

There is a thing that people forget when doing builds: Your playstyle matters. People can say class A or skill B is awesome but in the end, if it does not suit your playstyle, you would’t use it.

And IMC can always drop a patch and made the cookie cutter of today the trash of tomorrow… and this goes in both ways.

Just my 50 cents.

4 Likes

yeah i understand, but the thing about backstab, you need a set of it + bad dmg, just really sad…

My rogue build isnt about backstab… its about Sneak Hit.

Cloaking - Steady Aim (buffs dont break stealth) - Snipe FROM BEHIND = KILL :slight_smile:

lol backstab and burrow is the reason i wanna play rogue

Bounced Shot is bad. Spiral Arrow has bad damage/cooldown. Steady Aim only improves by 10% and remains at 10s duration. You get all these by sacrificing 2 ranks. I undervalue it because it is NOT worth the 2 ranks.

Even if let’s say the reason for taking Ranger C2 and C3 was because they had no better option at lower ranks. There actually is, it’s Archer C2 and C3.

Archer C2, C3 PROS:

1. Swift Step gets an attribute that increases your critical rate stats by 25%.
  2. You get Lv15 Multi-Shot and it’s quick-charge attribute on C2. Lv15 Multi-Shot is 1600% modifier, with overheat it’s 3200% burst. Lv100 Attribute, 6400%. It can rival Feint + Barrage, just that it doesn’t have innate high AOE attack ratio unlike Barrage.
  3. Twin Arrow. 200% per cast, 5 charges for 1000% burst, alot higher skill damage than Spiral Arrow and comes with just 7s cooldown. This skill totally puts Spiral Arrow to shame.

I tested Ranger C3 back on CBT2. It’s bad.

~
lol.

They are much better now.

Im aware what an archer 3 have, and Im not saying thats a bad opt.
You are just using your outdated gameplay to judge one class that you dont even played on Open.

You played something like this. This old ranger / fletcher was really bad, I agree.

Now, please say what is diferent from the actual ITOS. :joy:

Only if you dont know how the skill works and aim it poorly using the keyboard.

Thats true. At the same time, the damage per sp is pretty good, as a nice burst skill.

Also, note this: For any reason, the first hit from spiral arrow allways do way more damage than the other 5 hits, and that never changed. Im 100% sure that this behavior is related to critical damage. You can see it in the video above from 0:20 from 0:22.

I did around 25~30k with spiral arrow with +5 seimos crossbow + arde dagger. Ground target, leather armor type, medium or large monster (they got reduced damage, im not sure if it was large but it was not small for sure.). Im not even fletcher c2.

Ranger’s only notable improvement was on Barrage and Steady Aim, main reason I’m considering Ranger C1 on my builds. Others skills are still bad as ever.

Use it properly or not, the skill is bad.

You don’t need to consider damage/sp when there’s Lv10 Condensed SP Potions.

No need to go in-depth with Spiral Arrow mechanics, not worth it because the skill is bad in the first place.

Bad cooldown. Bad DPS.

Your arguments:

bla bla bla bad.

Ok, np :confused:

Looks like we are done, hugs.

Because I already gave you the main reasons why Ranger C2 and C3 is bad. You just chose to ignore them and push your opinion that Ranger C2 and C3 is good.

Steady Aim Lv5 vs Lv15 is actually just a 9% improvement.
100% base + 10% from Lv5 = 110%, a 10% improvement.
110% new base +10% from Lv15 Steady Aim, 10/110 = 9% improvement.
Remains at 10s duration even with 10 skill points invested.

Spiral Arrow Lv5
6 hits with 100% modifier each. The damage fluctuation on the hits is misleading but it’s just a damage randomizer by IMC for aesthetic purposes. 2 charges with 36s cooldown. 180 skill damage per hit.
= 1200%+2160 every 36s

Twin Arrow Lv5
2 hits with 100% modifier each. 5 charges with 7s cooldown. 320 skill damage per hit.
= 1000%+3200 every 7s

Once you add Multi-Shot and Swift Step: Critical into consideration. There should be an obvious winner. If it’s still not clear. Go ahead, you can be entitled to your opinion but I’m just hoping you could stop misleading people by saying Ranger C3 is good.

Tons of theorycraft

Look at your almighty Twin Arrow Lv5 at 0:41 ~ 0:42. After, 0:48 ~ 0:49. And the best shot at 0:50 ~ 0:51.

lol

Go ahead and show me how this freaking ¨%%$%$# can be better than spiral arrow. This guy is way ahead on my fletcher c1 lvl still I can just laugh on this damage.

PS: There is 0 reasons to use twin arrow OR Multi-Shot over Barbed Arrow or Bodkin Point. Twin arrow dont fit in any fletcher rotation. Spiral arrow is fast and do more damage in the time you should be using one of the fletcher Spams as above. There is too much going on: The fletcher should use magic arrow as much as he can, than the bleed damage, buffs, etc, and finaly the spam. Is just a rotation problem, you cant see it cuz you are just running numbers.

Btw too much off topic, I will stop this archer x ranger in this rogue thread.