Tree of Savior Forum

Umbical Cord! How does it work?

http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/skill/umbilical_cord

So, what is right!

Here’s the question.

Does Umbical Cord share only HP(regen)/Def … or does it share stats (the highest) or Atk simply together with HP(regen)/Def .

Because i just noticed, while thinking of an good featherfoot build (which needs linker … and i wante to go c2 linker only. But then …)

That the atk of the linked and umbical corded swordy … increased from 148 to 210.

So has anyone tested out this in ktos realese ?

C3 Linker is useless if it’s only increasing the amount of linked by two and increases the duration a bit of some skills.

If this would actually share “stats” or simply “atk/matk” and use only the highest.
You could potentialy make someone that has an good auto atk damage (swordy class duo equip) share that to archers …

It sounds crazy … and i know that hit’s vary … but i want to believ ein the skill description from tos not wiki xD.

Any help?^^

It shares the highest stats between members.

I.E -

Here’s a party:

A swordsman with 500 CON
A archer with 500 DEX
A swordsman with 500 STR
A cleric with 500 SPR
A wizard/linker with 500 INT

If the wizard/linker uses umbilical cord, everyone in the party will now have 500 of every stat. Pretty amazing.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can link more than 1 person < could be wrong

So tosbase is the right info … wow thanks xD.

Then going c3 will be usefull.

I planned on making an Wiz3>Linker3>Feather or Wiz3>Linker>x?Feahter.

After i saw that feather skills get shared trough the links … not only the dps.

(one of the many builds i want to make xD… sometime)

But i couldn’t decide if umbical cord is good or not … i never have seen a video or stream of it…

People only go wiz>pyro>LINKER … or linker 2 most times…

I think you can use it on mutliple persons.

As the allies linked can be 1~15 with the link members skill.

The skill seems to be a buff that works on links. Not a targetable one.

I guess, 15 Links for GVG and Worldbosses and stuff … might actually be usefull. As you can link people outside of your party?

mmm you are prob right…

also, I think both links say the same thing on their own way :smiley:

Really?

Hmm ohh now i get it.

Umbical cord … so two way in meaning.

The description says that Umbilical Cord works on characters connected with Spiritual Chain, which is supported by the demonstrations video. SC’s cooldown is 55 seconds, while its duration is 35 seconds, with each level adding 5 seconds, up to 80s at lv10. Assuming it’s even possible to be linked through SC with more than one person, you’d only be able to link with two others at most. Meaning that, with some timing, you could use Umbilical Cord with only two people at most, for 30 seconds. Unless maybe you have another C2 Linker in your party, but that would require a bit of coordination.

I have seen that SC links all party members to the buffs. Some buffs doesnt get linked (like golden bel etc.) but it works with 5 people.

SC5 is 55 cd and 55 duration afaik.

The videos only show one linked member, imc doesn’t show other stuff too.
Like 2 hits claymore or hidden stuff ^^.

The “video demos” for many skills are mostly outdated or have no context for the level where you get the skill.

I think people won’t adress that because of how fast imc is changing everything(?)

1 Like

yup, the videos are in general lacking and can be misleading too…

example: compare this 2 videos of similar skills…

if you see the levels above the characters head you will notice something…

That one of them is lv3 and the other lv5? It doesn’t look different than what I remember from iCBT2.

1 Like

If that’s true, then the skills certainly seem more useful than I thought. Do you remember where you saw SC linking all party members?

Edit: Never mind, I found a video of it. Now I’m curious just how many people it can link.

yup! that’s the main thing… the levels aren’t what you might think the video show :\

in this videos you can see the levels, but in many of them you cant tell the level or what the skill does exactly at different levels…

also there are descriptions I don’t like:

Teleportation lvl 1: Maximum Teleport Distance 110 < 110 what :confused:

is this the minimum v

It’s also agravating that skills that are pure damage or CC only have mobs that die in 1 hit.

It compeltely beats the purpose of a video demonstration since:
-You completely miss context for the damage(it was high/low?it’s ok for it’s level/circle?)
-How the status effect works if the target died before it even got applied?

The community should do something about it.

1 Like

Max party size is 5 atm.

1 Like

Back in the iCBT in October, I had Linker C2. I was on the fence about C3. From what I remember, Spiritual Chain does not only work with one party member. It was a buff which seemingly applied to everyone. I played with three other friends, making us a team of four and whenever I used Spiritual Chain, we all got the party buffs (I was getting Swordsmen buffs, etc).

I didn’t go C3 but the ToS wiki says one thing, reddit says another. This forum seems to support reddit in that Umbilical Cord took the highest stat from each party member and allocated it to everyone. So if a Swordsman had lets’ say 400 CON and that was the highest value, then everyone their CON raised to 400. I can’t confirm if this is true, but I’ve seen screenshots which show Linkers with impossible (at the time) stats with several hundred points in almost everything.

I am led to believe that Umbilical cord spreads the highest stat of each party member to everyone in the party. I would love for some confirmation from someone who has played Linker C3 however.

Am I the only one that finds the skill name sounding like Umbilical Cord and finding that weird?

Not really.

It makes sense.

As you all will mother the other players, literally.

It’s a symbotic connection, which share’s your nutrion (stats).

1 Like

As a C3 linker back in iCBT on october, I can confirm that Umbilical Cord (Was called Life Line back then iirc) did share the highest stat of ALL players linked by Spiritual Chain.

I’ve linked with a full party before, so yes, you can link up to 5 people with it.
They have to stay within range however, or they lose the benefit.

2 Likes