Tree of Savior Forum

UI feedback and suggestions

Overall, I like the UI skin. It’s warm and uses a lot of wood/paper as a texture. Certainly better than the usual bare/metal semi futuristic skins. The UI itself is rather easy to read, but suffers from over- and undersizing.

Some problems I noticed:

• some text, like the “item added to adventu—” just gets cut off
  • there is too much wasted empty space around text sometimes, like the “item obtained” one or the spacing between members in the party UI
  • quest completion popups are HUGE and cover the last NPC dialogue
  • a few chat system specific problems
  • party suggestion popups will appear behind the chat window if you resize it
  • party members were sometimes grayed out even though they were on the same map/channel/boss fight
  • other times party members who didn’t make it into the boss fight because of pre-requisites were shown as being present on the party UI
  • only the chat input window is movable
  • all slide-in windows on the left cover the chat window completely - you don’t even know there might be any messages incoming

What I’d like to see is

• a layout editing mode allowing you to resize and move every piece of popup/window there is in the UI (except maybe the slide-in ones, as you can’t really move them anywhere)
  • per-window UI scaling for people with hi-dpi monitors or just simply because you don’t like an element being too big
  • an option for the chat window to fade if there is no new message for a certain period of time
  • an option for the chat window to either make a noise on new messages, or come into view
  • an option to hide the UI completely/take a screenshot without the UI (thanks for reminding, @Erokhi)

It seems that in future we will be able to make our own skins (judging by the user\ui subfolder), so maybe some of those will become possible through that. It would be nice to have those options ingame though.

I’d like to see a UI toogle so I can take a beautiful shot of my character’s journey without UI disturbance.

2 Likes

Right, I knew I was missing something.

most important word of this post: ~OPTIONAL~

Just saying~
and the UI sub folder i think is one of the files which registers what keys and skills you put into the skill bar example you put mana potions in Q slot on account A, when you open account B with same UI folder, you will get mana potions in Q exactly the same in account A

No, there was actually a skin image in it when IMC first released the client, it’s completely empty now. The quickslots are stored per character, server-side.

ooooooooooooooooo <3

(20 characters)

As much as I liked the new theme, and as much as I got hated in reddit because of my look and feel preference, I really say that the older UI is better than the newer one. I really hope they add an option to alter the UI of your pick.

both UIs are nice actually in their own way, i think they will make an option in future, i ‘THINK

i think it’s awesome that we have options for different styles of gameplay (some might work better with a given class than others yet you have the option to choose wich ones adapts) yet i’d like to have the choice to use asdw for movement on keyboard instead of the arrow keys so it’s easier to use the mouse for other options such as menu browsing and whatnot.

as for the gamepad option there’s no way to browse the menu using it, so it would be nice to be able to use the arrow keyws in the gamepad to browse the menu and or probably a button for map acsess, (the current keybind shown in the gamepad help window doesn’t really work) so when using a gamepad i’m in constant need of using the mouse and even the keyboard to acsess some menu options, aside of that the gameplay with a gamepad is amazing, is very responsive and feels very natural, if it wasn’t for the lack menu navigation/map or probably character skills/stats windows binds it would be a very amazing and i would even consider playing strictly with gamepad.

as for the mouse UI it’s very clean and responsive it’d be the easiest way to play the game but imo using point and click to walk like the good old days of isometric games kill a little bit the fun of the action mechanics from the game