Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior Wiki

Name of the community site: Tree of Savior Wiki (Wikia)
Website URL: [Tree of Savior Wiki][1]
[1]: http://treeofsavior.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Number of registered members (size of community): not a lot
Country (Language): English, but there are a Korean, Spanish, and Turkish versions of the site that could use some help.
Description of the site (Optional): A more lore-centric fansite that also archives ToS’s development as well as official and fanmade videos and images. We also support fanart and game guide submissions.

2 Likes

lol nice to see a wikia, have you seen tos game wiki?

Wikis. Wikis everywhere. :scream:

Yeah from every game and every community, this is what killed sites like Gamefaqs haha.

Yep, but I haven’t looked to see if they’d be interested in affiliating with the ToS Wikia.

Never enough Wikis. :U

I have no complaints regarding a huge amount of wikis and guides on the internet.
That just proves there are a lot of enthusiastic players out there. It’ll also give us more informations.

I like to cross-reference for more solid answers. The more the merrier.

As mod of tos game I doubt that happens haha.

I would still use Gamefaqs for certain types of info though. Some games I played (like the tales of games) had so many hidden events that you could miss probably 70% of them by just following the storyline and not running around. Luckily there were huge walkthroughs on how to do them all. Good stuff. :sunglasses:

Well, would you be interested in affiliating? :3 It’s cool if you don’t want to, I understand not a lot of people like Wikia.

I have an account on wikia and I’ve done some contributions in some games I play. Yet I’m not sure I’ll do something there. I can’t speak for TOS games wiki since I’m not the manager just a forum moderator. I’m more in to writing guides/walkthroughs and post them on a more organized forum than this where everything might be buried on matter of seconds.

People can submit guides to the ToS Wikia via blogs where they can be properly credited for writing up the guide. You can set it so people can comment on your blog with or without a Wikia account if you’d like feedback on it.

Yeah but forum posting is more of my thing, wiki format is something I’m not really used to.

Well, if you ever want to learn, I’m more than happy to help you and anyone else who’s interested. Wiki formatting is pretty simple, but it does take some getting used to.

nice wiki
at first i find info about TOS from there website

There should be only 1 Wiki imo. The one that IMC has input on. Since you got the perfect name, maybe you should try reach IMC to make it official.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with having more than 1 Wiki around. A lot of Wikis are kept alive by donations since the admin can’t always pay for server hosting. In addition, a lot of Wiki editors do not like the Wikia platform, but it’s what I use since it’s free and it has features that player-hosted Wikis don’t offer.

Each Wiki is run differently and caters to different aspects of the same thing. Since every other ToS Wiki is focused on meta-gaming and the mechanical nuances of the game, it wouldn’t make sense for the ToS Wikia to do the same thing so that’s why I focus it more on the lore of ToS. I’m sure the other ToS Wikis may do the same, but chances are they’ll do things differently from how I manage lore information, which is perfectly fine.

You mention meta gaming and makes me think about all those RO wiki that offer builds right in the class description pages haha

Most players are more interested in stat formulas and the like when it comes to gaming than how an NPC lost his eye or what kind of battles another NPC has been involved in.

But then 1 person will have to do the same thing as the other to complete the page. I personally prefer a union page, where everyone works in the same place. That’s why i suggested to make the wiki become official, so people will not scatter their work somewhere else.