Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior thoughts

My point was that it’s not worth it, nothing about the Falconer feels worth it, which is kind of how I define balance.

Cost + Effort = Reward, Cost = CDs, Mana costs, and although this is a unique kind of cost, character slot. Hunter has the same thing, but it makes you 2v1 (even though your ally kind of sucks) and gives you Rush Dog and a Buff to make your ally less weak, I’m not gonna say it’s entirely worth it but Hunter doesn’t feel like ■■■■, I was planning Falconer 2, now I pretty much have to go Falconer 3 for the ability to have the third ally I wasted a slot for.

When my Sorc does more than my archer with a much lower cost and way less effort, I feel like my Falconer sucks. My mage has 15 pets and it costs nothng, I guess it costs me by having a higher point investment in spirit for them, but still that’s not a big deal compared to not having an awesome Paladin Inquisitor because I went Falconer and I gotta store this garbage in my house instead of letting it fly off when I log out like it does after every cast of a move.

It’s just not worth it.

Easy way to profit in a nutshell:
1.make character
2. buy companion for silver
3. level companion to cap
4. repeat all steps from 2 to 4 till your lodge is full
5. delete all companions
6. Team level stays the same even after deleting all companions -> profit

team level stays the same? this is not true. once you delete a high level pet you’ll lose team level experience as well, you might decrease a lv or 2 in fact.

Yea I can confirm this, I finally decided to delete my Hawk until I get another character slot, I was lvl 21, now it went down to 19.

My Team Level stayed the same after deleting both my hawk and my Falconer Oo
Hawk was 330, Falconer was 325, Team level pre-delete 50, Team level post delete 50.
Well,seems you need to have at least 6 character slots filled with maxed pets to pull this one off, as one maxed character/companion only grants you 108600 Team EXP.

So you need 5,6565 characters at max level for the maximum Team bonus; this, however, is significantly easier compared to level 1 character to 330, as companions only require ~7,7% of the EXP a maxed character needs, so for one character you can max ~ 13 pets with the same EXP.

To do the trick I described you have to buy at least 2 character slots and fill 5 slots with 5 pets while you’re leveling 1 character. Then, you start a new character with the 49% Team Bonus, and once he reached around level 280 you can actually delete the first companion without losing a Team level.

Rinse and repeat =>profit

I think a good solution to the lack of a pet slot, would be to just give a character slot only once to players upon completing Falconer’s class advance. Maybe the other classes too (but Hunter’s and Catafat’s feel a little exploitable). But again, only once.

I don’t feel like it’s too much of a loss to their profits anyway, and solves the issue of no slot for the new pet (but if you did decide to use it for another character, that’s all your decision and you can’t really blame anyone).

Trade restrictions legit makes my eye twitch. :crazy_face:

Buying character slots is fine. And FTP oriented players can get extra slots from time to time from events / event TP.
Falconer is the strongest team-oriented PVE Archer.
Trade restricitions is a neat idea to minimize black market transactions. And now black market is limited to RMT traders will buy your overpriced crap - transactions, that are easy to track and report to IMC.

@ReportofAusterity, max current Team Level is 75. You need 30x330 chars to reach it.

Except that we don’t get any event TPs anymore… And we got once a free slot. That’s nice and all, but when at base you only have 4 slots, that many builds possible, and several classes that are pet-dependent, it becomes quickly just another stupid restriction.
When your class heavily depends on a companion, you should get at least one free slot or have them not take up any slots. Because at the end, it’s ridiculous that people need to delete a character when they realize they need the slot for their Hawk or whatever, especially when their class depends completely on that pet.
IMC could have made a second, much smaller, companion-lodge (that you can increase as well), or make two kinds of pets so people could enjoy having class-based pets and simple companions, or something else like that, but nope.
A Hunter-Falconer already uses 3 slots. -2 slots for pets… That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Stop being so cheap - 100TP cost almost nothing. And you can buy 3 extra slots with it.

1 Like

That’s absolutely not the issue nor my point, but whatever~

100 TP costs nothing? WHAT? Okay so I’ve actually looked into buying TP, I don’t have a credit card so if I bought TP I’d have to buy a steam card, now the minimum amount of TP you can buy is 100, I need 33, so it is enough, but the cost is over $10, That means I can’t buy a $10 steam card and use it to purchase TP, I have to buy a 20 or 25 (whichever is the next tier up) and have over 9 dollars sit around wasted.

If you truly think 100 TP is nothing I’d be super grateful if you could get me some, maybe I got something to trade in game, since you know it’s really not much for you Mr Millionaire but for me, it’s simply not an option, IMC has made it intentionally difficult to purchase TP or rather they’ve made it difficult to obtain character slots in general.

Dude, calm a bit. You don’t need to be a millionaire to have either a credit card or $10.

1 Like