Tree of Savior Forum

Trading Restrictions Changes: Not enough!

Continuing the discussion from Changes regarding trading restrictions, bot policy:

Though I appreciate that IMC tries to listen to its playerbase, the recently announced changes regarding the trading restrictions will not be enough to get a working economy into the game. I will, in no particular order, list the things that need to be changed (sooner or later):

Silver trading between characters of one team (mandatory)

There is no way in hell someone could efficiently abuse the ability to redistribute silver amongst you own characters. So you might as well enable it.

Silver trading between players (optional, yet highly recommended)

“Hey, let’s farm some valuable stuff together and we will sell it and share the income” Yeah, no - you cannot do that. What do you think that is?! A MULTIPLAYER GAME? In all seriousness: Yes I understand that you want to lockout any possibilities for RMT to happen. But removing a CORE FEATURE from an MMO is not the way. You know, not launching a game at all would also prevent RMT from happening. But you wouldn’t do that, would you? So there is a limit to what one would do to prevent silver sellers from having it their way. With removing normal trade you definitely stepped over that limit. I would understand though, if this feature is postponed until the anti-RMT-measures are tested and somewhat satisfactory.

Immediate silver from the auction house (optional, but somewhat recommended)

Pretty much self-explanatory. Don’t let us wait 48 hours to receive silver from the AH.

No potential loss between characters of one team (optional (if silver sharing was a thing))

I don’t think items should lose potential if you move it from one character of your team to another one. But this might just be me and other issues are far more urgent.

Unbinding non-equip items after the first trade (mandatory)

Buying and reselling has always been a big keyfactor of any MMO’s economy. In TOS, if I buy mats, I can from there on only use them on that specific character, because literally everything become untradable after one trade. This is beyond stupid and does NOTHING to prevent RMT. Absolutely nothing. This feature is so random and useless, I can’t even put it in words.

Free pricing on the auction house (optional but very highly recommended)

To allow players only to put up items in a certain price range is too restrictive. A price should always be determined by demand and supply. If I put up an item for a price out of a feasable range, the nature of the free market will punish me for that, because nobody will buy it or I will not get the value I could have gotten. Also as it is now you are pooling a blank “Kepa Doll” with an insanely good enchanted “Kepa Doll”. So your silly feature even hinder the economy. Also, I know you are very close to North Korea but a government does NOT influence a free market in such an impactful way!

You are trying to stop the economy from being shitty by removing the economy. So in your effort to increase players’ gaming experience, you are diminishing it. “We don’t want people to buy silver with real money, so we can’t let you enjoy the game.”

tl;dr: Let people trade, dammit.

7 Likes

This post is absolutly useless at this point in time… i REALLY suggest you save all the text, delete it, and then post it again when they’ll have already done the changes they announced IF such changes are indeed inadequate,

It’s absolutly pointless to whine when there’re changes that have been announced but not done already.

5 Likes

As stated they’re working on the AH to 24hrs on a post earlier. And no point in gold sharing when you can trade items between accounts as stated by IMC earlier also. So you can buy items on your main and xfer via team storage to alts, did I mention it’s free for all! I for one like the Potential aspect cause it means more supply and demand instead of recycling the same eqs into the AH. There’s no point in silver trading for items when you can place items in AH for max profit. Well I do agree set price for items in AH is dumb. Pretty much that’s it.

But as it is now, when I have all my silver on my main and I want to buy a weapon for my alt, by the time it reaches the character I want to use it on, it has already lost 2 potential

I have yet to see any real change. All they announced is: “You can trade without a token”, but the restrictions stay exactly the same.

Are you for real? They said they’re gonna implement some changes in the future patches to the game… so basically you’re complaining about changes that has not officially launched right after they announced that they are going to be officially launched in the near future

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I accidentally made this comment a new topic. I have reposted it in the announcement itself, so could someone please close this topic?

Is this true? is there really loss of potential if you use team storage?

yes

/awesome20characters

That’s Bullshit… WTF :expressionless: I’m ok if you loss potential if you trade with other player but not between your team. if that would be the case then people will just use Market to transfer items… risky but worth it.

Uhm… Items also lose potential when transfered over the market

All items. When you buy a Kepa Stem on the market, it becomes untradable forever.

not sure about this one though I bought some few weapons on market and potential are perfectly max out. I’ll check on this later :unamused:

They do, but thats exactly how its supposed to work.

It also counts towards your trade limit of 30 per month.

@courtis_behrmuda Is right the restrictions remain the same. Its good that they are giving 1:1 to people for free, its progress. But what i want to see is the RESTRICTIONS change. I don’t care if i have to pay to not have the restrictions.