Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

So what items are you proposing would be allowed on the auction house? It takes a total of 10 minutes to farm up 3-4 falchions from random monsters around the first town. Are monster drops to be disallowed too? what happened to the slippery slope you spoke of earlier?

10 minutes for the gold farmer, OK thats fine now I need to trade it to my buyer but SHOOT he doesnā€™t have a token.

Welp that is the end of that. Gold sellers could choose to only sell to people with tokens if they wanted to, but then the GMs have a log of a trade between 2 players, and an AH sale between the same two for tons of money.

Ban em both, done and done.

If the gold seller has to convince the buyer to farm the itemā€¦well I doubt they would do that since these are lazy people we are talking about.

sick edit.

Slippery Slope is ā€œif we allow A to happen, then Z will eventually happen too, therefore A should not happen.ā€

You are welcome to point out where I used that =P

Thereā€™s nothing to figure out. You cannot stop RMTers. They will always find an out, and player interest will die since they are suffering from the limitations more than the RMTers are.

Iā€™m not an RMTer, so why do I get punished?

Buying a token doesnā€™t stop the RMTers. I would have to pay $20 for 30 trades. Thatā€™s 66.6 cents to sell my services as an alchemist. 66.6 cents to buy materials from one player since I canā€™t put up a personal shop like you used to, 66.6 cents to trade my friend a sword that dropped while iā€™m on a wizard while we party together, and after all that, my trade limit is reached, and thereā€™s still 28 days left to go. Welp, there goes my alchemistā€™s business, and the RMTers are still shouting to sell silvers.

The only thing that will stop RMTers is when the game lacks a player base to sell to, and at the rate this is going, it wont take that long until everyone is sick of this, leaves, and then the game dies.

7 Likes

Eh, I hate the defeatist attitude though.

Why not make alchemist services like an AFK shop so there is no need to trade? That would be a good solution that could be built into the game.

But it does not stop the RMTers, it only frustrates players and makes them want to leave. I feel defeated because thereā€™s nothing I can do about it. I want to enjoy this game, but its blocked behind idiotic trade restrictions and even worse, the monetization of basic functionality, and whenever I think about it, I have to second guess whether I still want to play this game for the long haul or not. I still want to have faith but its pretty rough at the moment to see anything other than this, especially since none of the GMs want to come out and say anything different despite all the outcries.

Instead of implementing the AFK shop, they could just, you know, bring back the trade, market, and personal material buying shop functionality weā€™re supposed to have and that every MMORPG has. This requires no development since its already in the game, it would make their customers/player base happy.

Iā€™m not going to pay $20 to trade $30 times. Iā€™m not going to pay $20 to trade infinite times during a one month period when I should be able to trade normally. Iā€™m not going to pay $20 to get my market money two days sooner that I should be getting immediately. Iā€™m just not going to play.

We are literally being charged for whatā€™s normal in any other MMORPG. They had to TAKE OUT functionality existing functionality and then charge for it. If you canā€™t see a problem with that, then you definitely have a problem yourself.

The RMTers will be here with trade bans or not, so there is zero purpose to hurting players in this fashion. The Koreans donā€™t agree with it on their servers, and the rest of the worldā€™s having huge problems with it too. The game will die if it does not change.

Iā€™ll play out my month of pre-release but if nothing changes, I doubt Iā€™ll stay. I donā€™t think anyone would. I donā€™t want to hear the ā€œoh you wouldnā€™t have paid for anything anywayā€ argument either. A player who isnā€™t paying but is still playing may still one day pay for something. A player who leaves and doesnā€™t want to return will never pay. Itā€™s better to fix this now than later as even if trade is returned, there will still be a portion of players who may never come back after such a terrible experience.

@GM_Sebastian @GM_Francis and to any other GMs, you really should be reading these threads and working something out between the developers and anyone else involved with these decisions. All this radio silence from you guys only worries your player base more. This is an important issue and you guys need to speak up on it. If you donā€™t want your game to fall flat on its face before its even fully open, itā€™d be best to deal with this sooner than later.

9 Likes

Once the market gets more data there will be caps on what you can sell for. Iā€™m not sure how they can trade silver once that happens.

Also, I see prices like 10k for 5$ lol. Why not just buy a token and sell it for 500k?.. im not sure if you can buy TP yet though.

I donā€™t have a problem with the games developers choosing how to run their game. It is up to the players to decide whether to continue playing or supporting based on their decisions.

I personally will play but most likely avoid tokens unless they become cheaper, but not because of trading just because $20 is a bitter pill to swallow on a monthly basis for the other benefits.

See, thatā€™s your problem. Youā€™re basically saying ā€œI donā€™t have a problem with game developers making bad decisions and ruining the gameā€™s potentialā€.

1 Like

The thing is, if you really cared about the game, you WOULD have an issue, because without ā€œplayersā€ there is no game. Which means you would too be out of a game. In the end, everyone loses except the RMTers:

The players who wanted to play and have fun could not enjoy the game with the limitations and leave. These players tell potential new players to avoid the game as it would not be an enjoyable experience.

The players who put up with it endure because they really want to like the game, or do enjoy the game and would force their way through, having a bittersweet experience as a whole. These will tell new players that ā€œeh if you can put up with it, and play by yourself, the game is fine, just donā€™t expect to interact with anyoneā€, which surely there is a group of players that would only solo play, but player interaction is extremely limited at the moment. In the end, these people will probably be fed up at some point and leave after theyā€™ve satisfied something they wanted to do in the game (such as reaching a particular class or level)

The players who fall for the token scams will buy them and work through the rules. Those who play a lot probably wont buy them at all and just use in game silver to purchase them, thereby paying nothingā€¦ but wait, who bought the tokens to begin with? Some other player, so this really just makes IMC the RMTer here in this situation by allowing premium content to be sold for in game currency.

The RMTers will get away with whatever money they earned and then the game dies since thereā€™s no player support. Less players means less money, which means the game dies sooner. This is something you should be concerned about when it comes to a developerā€™s business practices

9 Likes

Sure, it would be cool if you could trade without a token, but it doesnā€™t really bother me that much TBH. At least you can actually play the full game without spending anything. Iā€™ll keep playing as long as the shop doesnā€™t go P2W.

I donā€™t think the community makes that great of decisions either. Complaining til they change the founder server to 1 month instead of 3. This was written by IMC about why they wanted the 3 months ā€œWeā€™ve come up with this initial access to prevent numerous Bot Accounts from the early stages of service and to provide a stable in-game environment to our users.ā€ Now what happened? They changed it to 1 month, servers arenā€™t stable at all, mile long login queue, bot spam, and now players are all complaining about that stuff. There just no pleasing people. Thats not saying the devs are perfect or anything.

IMC does IMC things.

I have accepted that most of their decisions are shitty and will continue to be shitty.

Iā€™m in EA, but Iā€™ll be a f2p player, come f2p launch. Just gonna enjoy the game however I can, since Iā€™m not going to pay 20 bucks per month for a basic mmorpg function.

Once I get rich enough, Iā€™ll buy tokens with silver and thatā€™s that.

1 Like

But the shop is already pay to win. Enhancement scrolls for Headgear are a Pay to Win feature.

They are extremely rare in game, but easily obtainable for those willing to pay money and therefore most enhanced headgears will come from purchased scrolls. These provide various stats to headgear that would otherwise be cosmetic, boosting your characters.

Also, thereā€™s no explanation to what actually happened overall. The explanation for the overpopulation was ā€œwe did not notice the amount of sales before releaseā€, which should have been checked. This caused the server queues.

Next, they open a new server but did not allow for server transfers immediately. Europeans who had already opened their tokens were stuck, and players who already had chosen their family names couldnā€™t create them on the new server and were also stuck. If server transfers were immediately set up and processed, it wouldā€™ve helped with those issues.

There will always be bots and always be RMTers. Iā€™d rather just complain about bots and RMTers than to complain about bots, RMTers AND the inability to trade and sell items freely as the limitations are not fixing bots or RMTer issues. They are just creating more issues.

You donā€™t get it. No one should be buying tokens. If someone is buying tokens then nothing will get fixed. You gotta put your foot down on that otherwise it will continue as it is. Know that a person who is selling you a token had to buy it for the purpose of making silver in game. If you donā€™t buy tokens with silver, theyā€™ll stop buying tokens as well since they arenā€™t getting their silver worth. If no oneā€™s buying tokens, then IMC will have to fix things or let the game die.

I disagree on it being p2w. I was going to write out a huge thing explaining why i think that, but i dont feel like it.

Yea, theyre not perfect, but this wouldnt have happened if they had the original 3 months. It also wouldnt have happened if they opened more servers beforehand.

Anything that can be bought that would put your characters at an advantage over another, especially when the game DOES have PVP is considered a pay to win element.

Players with perfect headgear with the best stats can have the advantage over a player that does not.

Since the bonuses are particularly medium level as far as statistics go, the higher the base level, but less of an impact this has, but my level 1 character rocking three perfectly crafted headgear will be decapitating left and right anyone who stands in my way in those lowbie areasā€¦ well if there was open PVP :smiley:

But there is PVP, and this is a pay to win element.

While I do agree to some extent. Iā€™m not comfortable risking my favorite mmorpg over it. :expressionless:

Just gonna bend over and take that BBC of IMC :cry:

So, tell me:

1. Do you believe the current status quo concerning trade limitations is acceptable and should not be criticised?
  2. When you encounter something that, in your general understanding, is blatantly wrong, do you prefer to stay silent? Or voice out your opinion in hopes that it will reach those who are responsible for this mess?

Youā€™re saying community doesnā€™t make great decisions. Therefore, going by your logic, we shouldnā€™t complain when a potentially good game is ruined by terrible planning of publishers?

Great logic there m8.

Iā€™m just going to bump this because IMC needs to adress this issue ASAP. Alot of people are discontent with this and it might bring the downfall of what could be a great game. iCBT2 was a superior game by far IMC.

And the marketplace taking 48 hours to retrieve silver is downright stupid. It already takes 30minutes to 2 hours to add your item on there.

I post a thread about it here

3 Likes

It should be criticized, because its a basic MMO feature. its a part of the multiplayer experience to be able to trade with other people. The gold sellers will be buying tokens, just like the bots and gold sellers bough premium in BnS. Its a minor hindrance for them that just hurts us as a community. People should be mad.

9 Likes

They need to see this and come up with a trading medium because iā€™m getting pissed off and I was the most hyped about this game and was ready to accept alot of issues and bugs. But when I have to wait for something that is litterally just pending just for the sake of being pending, it gets under my skin.

1 Like