Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

It’s for prevent bots, but it will prevent free players.
AND already have bots and gold sellers in my server, well it can be less but it will really worth this way?

2 Likes

There is a difference between putting “additional features behind paywall” and “restricting basic MMORPG actions behind paywall”.

This is exactly what IMC is doing. Want to enjoy a basic thing every other online game has, trading with friends and guildmates? Sorry, gotta pay 18$ per month, both of you. Oh, and if you pay you can only trade 30 items per month, sorry.

Something that should have been a standard, has been put behind a paywall, using a facade that “it’s supposed to fight goldsellers”, which it completely fails to do.
Not only that, but even if you do pay, you have more restrictions than in any other free MMORPG!

Sorry for bad english.

8 Likes

The worst is that there are players who defend this, with all their strength.
It leaves me… speechless…

4 Likes

Yes… Agreed.
Proves to show that the general population of players is just full of ignorant fools.

1 Like

I find my want to play this game declined since i can’t trade with friends, its not a proper mmo if i cant trade and have fun with friends. I can’t help them farm for items or costumes. It removes a huge part of the social experience of the game! And even if you pay the monthy subscription the trading is limited, that’s even worse. If its to be put behind a paywall at least make the trading unlimited.

The worst is that there are people who think this is ok, its not ok at all. It really hinders any social interaction in the game.

IMC needs to fix this.

4 Likes

Bosses don’t drop every item in the game, nor even the best. But that’s not even the point. Why should players NEED anything, if they aren’t gaining anything in return. Being forced to party to beat content today is the negative, not the positive. The positive is the rewards you get, which in the current system are going to take 3-4x longer than usual. By your solution, why not just play a single player RPG with a better story and cutscenes then?

People play MMOs to experience the social aspect. At the moment, it’s more of a hassle to party then it is to solo and the economy is non-existent. And it’s only going to get worse as people’s freebee tokens wear off.

You could have said the same thing when someone said cosmetics were coming to cash shops. It’s a slippery slope when your at the top, when they start removing key features of what makes a game a game, there already in full force tumbling down the hill.

2 Likes

I said 'Value-Added Service". In other words, a Service, with Value Added to it. Never did I say they were being innovative here.

Being forced to party in an MMO is pretty much the point of an MMO. The only thing that doesn’t share drops in this game are regular monsters, and the rarest things they drop are their gems or hats. Everything else can be bought in the AH.

The Social Aspect requires people to communicate, like they do in parties or pvp.

Yeah, you could…and you would be just as wrong.

How can people just accept $%^& “features” and come up with half-assed excuses or reasons.

Oh yeah it is totally stopping any kind of money trade from RMT!..it’s not at all thanks to AH and the already lack of ability to trade money.

I honestly cannot name ANY game that has this stupid feature locked without some way of unlocking it in game (like leveling to a certain level). This includes all games already put up by the same company.

Anyone complaining about this is someone that has supported the game already. The continual support is something that is a bit more sketchy because of how they treat us. This isn’t acting privileged but more common sense. There are a lot of time sinks out there.

2 Likes

This post is the best one on this matter. I love you.

You can unlock it in game, they are on the AH for in-game currency.

Can you name any other game that does it? You probably can’t.
ToS is the only game that will force F2P players to grind their ass off to purchase an expensive item that unlocks a basic game functionality, albeit still restricting player to only 30 trades per month, like WTF y’all gonna use that up in 1 week or less.

I don’t understand why you’re so eager to defend this clearly faulty and anti-social aspect of the game.

3 Likes

I am not so much defending it, but pointing out what is wrong in the arguments against it.

If the purpose of hiding it behind a paywall ends up failing miserably, and gold-sellers are completely rampant with a failing economy, then well they were wrong and need to adjust.

IF they keep it and institute other changes that result in less to no gold sellers, well then they made the right decision.

To your post:[quote=“lancelyn91, post:91, topic:158323”]
ToS is the only game that will force F2P players to grind their ass off to purchase an expensive item that unlocks a basic game functionality, albeit still restricting player to only 30 trades per month, like WTF y’all gonna use that up in 1 week or less.
[/quote]

‘only game that does it’ does not mean it is a bad thing. If it is a bad thing, then explain why you think it is a bad thing and hope IMC changes.

I highly doubt you will burn through 30 trades in a month. In this game, trading reduces potential so a good portion of players will want to find the item for themselves to have a better chance of upgrading it.

You have to pay in order to have acces to a basic function of an MMO, trade. Take my money and be happy with it, not playing this LAG simulator anymore.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong in the arguments against it. It doesn’t stop bots. It doesn’t do anything except hinder players. You. Can’t. Trade. Silver. Directly. So, yes; you are defending it because “OMG BOTS RUIN MY LIFE! MUST MAKE EVERYONE ELSES’ LIFE MISERABLE!” That mentality is disgusting.

It won’t. They will just use the Auction house. Like they are doing now.

Yes; it does. Because that means everyone else knows it doesn’t work.

Materials…? Hello? You still need those. What better way to get them than asking a friend or a guildie who might have too much of a certain material? Newbie drops into guild; let’s give him some good potions to keep their butts alive and maybe some other goodies for their leveling process.

Socializing is what keeps these games alive. And before you come and attack this with “Socializing doesn’t pay the bills” So does an empty server. That doesn’t pay the bills, either.

Tree of Savior is going down the path of a really awful Aeria Games game.

5 Likes

IMC stop this ■■■■ already you know its wrong! you cant mess with your players for greed!

i agree to pay for exp bonus, skill reset, costumes but not for something so basic like trade a damn shield to my friend!

6 Likes

Oh you mean like people selling the tokens bought for real money for in-game currency?

1 Like

When people use logical fallacies in their arguments there is plenty wrong with that.

I think what people are failing to understand is all that IMC needs to do is cap the price on cheap equipment in the AH. They already capped it for materials. This will force gold sellers to trade equipments to lazy buyers(face it, they are lazy if they are buying silver. They won’t jump through hoops) and that requires the token.

Yes, things need to change. Right now there is a partial solution in place, and it needs to be expanded to be fully implemented.

I am not sure if it is 30 items or 30 trades. If it is 30 trades this argument is invalid because it would only take 1 trade to transfer everything the noobie needs.

Look, it isn’t the best thing in the world but I just think a lot of players are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Then they just put up multiple items for trade at the max value possible. Either way; bots win and players lose.

Seems like a huge undertaking for a gold seller. If I was selling gold I would spend my valuable time elsewhere.

Your proving my point. They did, in fact, continue to do so. It didn’t stop with cosmetics. Micro transactions in MMOs have continued to worsen.

2 Likes