Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

But the shop is already pay to win. Enhancement scrolls for Headgear are a Pay to Win feature.

They are extremely rare in game, but easily obtainable for those willing to pay money and therefore most enhanced headgears will come from purchased scrolls. These provide various stats to headgear that would otherwise be cosmetic, boosting your characters.

Also, there’s no explanation to what actually happened overall. The explanation for the overpopulation was “we did not notice the amount of sales before release”, which should have been checked. This caused the server queues.

Next, they open a new server but did not allow for server transfers immediately. Europeans who had already opened their tokens were stuck, and players who already had chosen their family names couldn’t create them on the new server and were also stuck. If server transfers were immediately set up and processed, it would’ve helped with those issues.

There will always be bots and always be RMTers. I’d rather just complain about bots and RMTers than to complain about bots, RMTers AND the inability to trade and sell items freely as the limitations are not fixing bots or RMTer issues. They are just creating more issues.

You don’t get it. No one should be buying tokens. If someone is buying tokens then nothing will get fixed. You gotta put your foot down on that otherwise it will continue as it is. Know that a person who is selling you a token had to buy it for the purpose of making silver in game. If you don’t buy tokens with silver, they’ll stop buying tokens as well since they aren’t getting their silver worth. If no one’s buying tokens, then IMC will have to fix things or let the game die.

I disagree on it being p2w. I was going to write out a huge thing explaining why i think that, but i dont feel like it.

Yea, theyre not perfect, but this wouldnt have happened if they had the original 3 months. It also wouldnt have happened if they opened more servers beforehand.

Anything that can be bought that would put your characters at an advantage over another, especially when the game DOES have PVP is considered a pay to win element.

Players with perfect headgear with the best stats can have the advantage over a player that does not.

Since the bonuses are particularly medium level as far as statistics go, the higher the base level, but less of an impact this has, but my level 1 character rocking three perfectly crafted headgear will be decapitating left and right anyone who stands in my way in those lowbie areas… well if there was open PVP :smiley:

But there is PVP, and this is a pay to win element.

While I do agree to some extent. I’m not comfortable risking my favorite mmorpg over it. :expressionless:

Just gonna bend over and take that BBC of IMC :cry:

So, tell me:

1. Do you believe the current status quo concerning trade limitations is acceptable and should not be criticised?
  2. When you encounter something that, in your general understanding, is blatantly wrong, do you prefer to stay silent? Or voice out your opinion in hopes that it will reach those who are responsible for this mess?

You’re saying community doesn’t make great decisions. Therefore, going by your logic, we shouldn’t complain when a potentially good game is ruined by terrible planning of publishers?

Great logic there m8.

I’m just going to bump this because IMC needs to adress this issue ASAP. Alot of people are discontent with this and it might bring the downfall of what could be a great game. iCBT2 was a superior game by far IMC.

And the marketplace taking 48 hours to retrieve silver is downright stupid. It already takes 30minutes to 2 hours to add your item on there.

I post a thread about it here

3 Likes

It should be criticized, because its a basic MMO feature. its a part of the multiplayer experience to be able to trade with other people. The gold sellers will be buying tokens, just like the bots and gold sellers bough premium in BnS. Its a minor hindrance for them that just hurts us as a community. People should be mad.

9 Likes

They need to see this and come up with a trading medium because i’m getting pissed off and I was the most hyped about this game and was ready to accept alot of issues and bugs. But when I have to wait for something that is litterally just pending just for the sake of being pending, it gets under my skin.

1 Like

Sorry man, I still disagree. Go buy a enchanted headgear for silver and tell me its p2w. really good headgears will be rare and its not something you can spend a hundred bucks on to get.

@lancelyn91 no im saying people just say stuff on the forums because they are emotional and dont think it through. Look at the OP [quote=“valtinho115, post:1, topic:158323, full:true”]
Come on, seriously? i can’t trade because i don’t have a token?!?!?!?! WTF
[/quote]

Is that thought out or something said out of emotion? He’s angry and starts ranting on the forums. he didnt even think about it. You could make a reasonable argument on why we should have it, but nope.

They might not admit it, but i think envy/jealousy is a big part of why people complained about the 3 months. Some may have legit reasons, but the majority complained because of emotion imo and didnt look at the bigger picture.

Decisions made by emotion arent always the greatest and IMC should do what they feel is best for the game and not what a bunch of emotional people on the forums suggest. Not saying there aren’t some well thought out posts.

As for what i think about the trading, i already talked about that.[quote=“Gringe, post:131, topic:158323”]
Sure, it would be cool if you could trade without a token, but it doesn’t really bother me that much TBH.
[/quote]

Is that thought out or something said out of emotion? He’s angry and starts ranting on the forums. he didnt even think about it. You could make a reasonable argument on why we should have it, but nope.

They might not admit it, but i think envy/jealousy is a big part of why people complained about the 3 months. Some may have legit reasons, but the majority complained because of emotion imo and didnt look at the bigger picture.

Decisions made by emotion arent always the greatest and IMC should do what they feel is best for the game and not what a bunch of emotional people on the forums suggest. Not saying there aren’t some well thought out posts.

As for what i think about the trading, i already talked about that.[quote=“Gringe, post:131, topic:158323”]
Sure, it would be cool if you could trade without a token, but it doesn’t really bother me that much TBH.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Curious how well you think games run without having people playing them? These “emotional people” I’d take a stab and say outnumber the ones that happily roll over and accept the trash they are shoveled.

People all have different standards they have come to accept and a simple trade function is one that shouldn’t be up for debate as it has already been proven (within 24 hours) that it has not stopped it’s purpose and instead pissed off their playerbase.

4 Likes

For the nth time. Doesn’t matter if it makes you 0.1% stronger or 100% stronger. It’s not something that should have been added to the cash store. Selling stats, no matter how small or big difference they make, is P2W in it’s nature. If it makes you 1% stronger, it’s P2W on a small scale. If players accept it, it’s an incentive for game developers to add more P2W items in the future, to slowly build up players’ tolerance levels of P2W.

If a game developer implements selling stats in cash shop, even before the international servers go online, this forebodes disaster in the future. Have you ever heard of a game that blatantly sells small-scale P2W at the very beginning, but afterwards doesn’t go with the flow to implement more potent P2W items? I honestly haven’t, but I definitely have seen the opposite happen every time.

See, there will be a lot, and I mean, a lot of players who will react that way. What will they do afterwards? Keep playing without being able to trade? Spend money to unlock a basic game function? Or just leave the game? Most likely the 3rd exit.

You can’t blame those players. Blame the developers for breaking the most basic social functions of MMORPG.

Sure you can. Lemme just buy 5 Tokens, sell them on the auction house, then use that silver to buy the hat. The only people who will have “really good headgears” will be the one who had the money to craft or buy them, which getting silver fast would require selling tokens regularly. These may also be the kind of people who would use RMTing to get silvers fast to buy these things.

The players who do not pay will not have the same opportunities to have amazing headgear (note you can have THREE of these) as players who do.

So you not only support Pay to Win, but you also support RMTing as this would be a reason why someone would need a lot of silver quickly.

1 Like

@lancelyn91 I’m not going to argue with you about the scrolls. We each have our opinion and in my opinion you dont really know what p2w is.

@kenmswow i wonder how many people decided not to play because of the lag and unresponsiveness. With the 3 months it could have been alot better and those players may have not quit. need to look at everything and not only what you want. So they listened to the community and people still quit.

@darkwolf7786 Ok so let me work for 10 hours and buy tokens to sell. How much silver can you farm in 10 hours at max level? They have the same opportunities because they can play the game and buy the same stuff just by playing.

Sorry guys i didnt mean to start this up. I’ll be taking my leave from this thread. I’m almost out of the queue anyway.

10 minutes for what are you talking about? The 10 minutes is what it takes for a buyer to farm the falchions and then post them on the auction house. The Gil sellers then buy those items for tons of silver. Unless your proposing the auction house not be used for npc items, crafting items, monster drop items… or … well anything but the tokens?

So your solution is to check the trade logs for large sums of money? You mean what GMs on every server for MMOs do already? What they could do with all the logs using algorithms without ruining the gameplay for the players?

Farming 3-4 falchions is ALOT easier than farming 500k silver. Buying currency in a video game is about taking the easy way out/getting ahead of others. That won’t stop them. As it hasn’t in the Korean server.

This is where you used it. And as I’ve pointed out throughout these posts, you proved my point with your own argument. It WAS a slippery slope when they introduced cosmetics for pay and you could have said "

"
But they did continue to do so. They added exp boost scrolls, random item chests and now they are locking trading behind the cash shop. They can and will continue to lock things behind pay walls because in the end, this is about profit and how much Nexxon and there partners can squeak out. Short term profit over long term viability. And it will ultimately ruin this game, and their brand.

P2W is gaining advantage over non-paying player by spending $$$.

Short and simple.

Buying scrolls to deal 100 dmg more with each hit might not seem like much when everyone is level 280, but still it doesn’t change the fact that you have some level of advantage over non-paying player. By definition, it’s P2W (on a small scale).

Implementing small-scale P2W, and seeing that it brings money, will give IMC incentive to push more aggresive P2W tactics in the future. You can bet money on that.

At this point, it’s just a matter of “classification” if those hats are P2W or not. It doesn’t matter how you define P2W. The result will be the same - more aggresive items in cash shop in the future.

I was gonna try to make a Pardoner or a Squire, but then I took a paywall to the knee.

7 Likes

hey, look i found this awesome bow as cleric while lvling with my archer buddy. He’d be really thankful to have it, let’s trade it! OH WAIT WE CAN’T. I’ve seen some real stupid stuff in Mmorpgs but this is the biggest bullshit ever, no comparison. + no storage for my account, so every new char i have to start from zero.
The Goldseller Problem is the worst excuse I’ve seen for trying to force ppl into spending cash.
I’ve got another idea, why don’t you put a p2w wall for changing your class/circles, lets say 10bucks each time and while we’re at it, 2bucks for using npc shops/use teleport/or 10cent each auto attack. This is gonna stop goldsellers too!

3 Likes

The two posts above show exactly why i think its a bad idea to not be able to trade, you close a gate on some classes that would benefit a lot from setting up shop or be able to trade with other players. Or lock out people who just wanna trade and have fun with their friends to help them with equipment, mats or anything.

oh really? Please explain to me how you trade your bound to your character Equipment in MMOs like WoW to your friend?

And please dont act like 1:1 trading wouldnt exist in ToS. You just have to pay up for it like you pay a subscription for any other well known MMO.

1:1 trading of good Equipment is something that have become a rare sight in the MMO market since the introduction of Equipment binding to your character and for good reason (RMTing). You should treat the 1:1 trading in ToS as a additional Feature and not like the standard in MMO gaming.

Can’t tell if you’re being serious. Look at all the negative feedback about this issue in everywhere you go. Then look at other f2p MMO’s that DO have 1:1 trading and tell me they would be better off without it. Trading is a basic feature of any game with a social aspect, when you remove it and put a paywall on it, people feel tricked, cheaped out - “wasn’t this a f2p game? why do i need to pay to get basic features?”

And dont try to excuse it by saying everyone is doing it nowadays. That’s bullcrap and you know it. Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t mean it a good practice. As long as there is some sliver of interaction left, people will find a way to RMT. So then what is the point of an MMO with no player interaction?