Tree of Savior Forum

Tp for compensation

You want IMC to give you $10 because you couldn’t play for a day?

Please grow up.

1 Like

There is no compensation, we all asked for server transfer, now you want compensation for it.
The only one thing they can do is like 6h of token added or more.

Woah, woah, woah. What are you doing being all mature like that? Where’s your sense of entitlement?

You should get free stuff because a company is paying their employees to work around the clock and make the game better for you, but it is mildly inconvenient for you. You should be monetarily compensated!

Who asked for 10 dollars? It doesn’t actually cost IMC money to give out TP. They generate TP out of thin air. No one is asking for money. They don’t have like, a TP factory where they have to pay their TP technicians who harvest the natural TP resource at risk of their health. :V :V :V

Nobody deserves compensation for this specific maintenance

I can’t believe i’m actually using the ■■■■■■■ word but holy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ it sure is entitlement around here

1 Like

Technically, we paid for our tokens. It’s not the maintenance time that requires compensation, it’s the token time we paid money for that’s being taken away from us that deserves compensation.

You’re asking for $10 worth of TP because you couldn’t play for a day. You don’t see a problem here? If you wanted to go shopping at Walmart but they had to close due to an emergency, do you want them to give you $10 gift card? Doesn’t cost them anything right?

At most, they should give 24h of token time. Anything else is just being entitled.

I paid for a token too, and sure, i’d like to be playing right now

However i’m not whining about it because it’s absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things and i understand that this maintenance is a necessary, unavoidable “evil”. It’s not unannounced, it didn’t suddenly come up (to those that know literally anything about what a server transfer entails), and it is going to help improve the game.

Yet, despite this, people are claiming they need to be compensated for it. I literally cannot form a proper sentence to reply to that because of how absolutely ridiculous it is

Theyll extend the timer, they did it before when the server unexpectedly went down for awhile.

While this was an expected down time, they seem more reasonable than half the forum user base; so Id place 100k silver bet they extend the timer.

Im not sure why you guys are asking for more…

As a token owner, no it does not need to be compensated in any way. They are already paying enough to make the game better for us; we don’t need to also be given more things.

I’d like my token time frozen or given 24 more hours, but I ain’t worrying. It’s not like this is random, it was a scheduled maintenance and is bringing some decent quality to the game.

The fact that trades are coming back means one more rage reason fixed; most of the reviews on the Steam complained about. That alone makes this very worth as friends can play with each other and not feel infinitely barred.

2 Likes

Normally IMC restores the amount of time that we ‘lost’ while not being able to play because of the maint so no worries. The whole performance options that we’re getting it’s a good enough compensation at least for me.

@Rubiss:

You’re asking for $10 worth of TP because you couldn’t play for a day.
You don’t see a problem here? If you wanted to go shopping at Walmart
but they had to close due to an emergency, do you want them to give you
$10 gift card? Doesn’t cost them anything right?

Actually, no. I’m not “asking for” 10 dollars’ worth of TP (I don’t even know what 10 dollars’ worth of TP even is). I never once asked for anything. I said “it would be nice.”

However, that being said, if I had already paid Wal Mart $10 in advance for my right to be there on that day, then yes, I would expect them to give me a $10 gift card in compensation. Your analogy is flawed, because no one pays to enter Wal Mart in advance.

At most, they should give 24h of token time. Anything else is just being entitled.

At most? No. At least? Yes. Compensation should be equal or greater than the thing being compensated for. What you suggest would be equal, which makes it the bare minimum, which makes it “at least”.

@jeffp88:

However i’m not whining about it because it’s absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things

Maybe for you. But 35 dollars for this Founder’s Pack is a big expense for me. Some of us live well below the poverty line.

i understand that this maintenance is a necessary, unavoidable “evil”.
It’s not unannounced, it didn’t suddenly come up (to those that know
literally anything about what a server transfer entails), and it is
going to help improve the game.

That’s true, but it does nothing to change the fact that 24 hours of my paid token time is being taken away. I’m not outraged about that or anything, either, but I don’t have to be outraged to see that compensation is in order. By your logic, if I tell you in advance that I’m going to steal your stuff, then that makes it okay and not deserving of any compensation.

Yet, despite this, people are claiming they need to be compensated for
it. I literally cannot form a proper sentence to reply to that because
of how absolutely ridiculous it is

“Need” is an awfully strong word. It’s warranted, but “needed”? I don’t think anyone is going to drop dead, or go to jail, or lose their children/home/job, or starve, or anything like that, so I think that would be ludicrous claim to say that it’s “needed”. It should happen, but “should” and “need” are two completely different beasts.

@artooc3po:

Theyll extend the timer, they did it before when the server unexpectedly went down for awhile.
While this was an expected down time, they seem more reasonable than
half the forum user base; so Id place 100k silver bet they extend the
timer.
Im not sure why you guys are asking for more…

And that would be the bare minimum of enough. Showing their appreciation to their fans by doing just slightly more than bare minimum of enough would be nice, but I reiterate that “would be nice” is not the same thing as “asking for.”

1 Like

After reading through half that, I realized you will not compromise because of the current living conditions you are under.

I suppose that is fair.

1 Like

and here comes the strawman

It’s true that I won’t compromise my position, but even if we don’t get any compensation, I’m not gonna’ freak out or anything, either. Like, it’s not the end of the world. lol. :V

I’m just expressing my opinion on the matter is all. :3

Sorry if I disappointed you by not offering a strawman, jeffp88. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

100 TP is about $10. And yes, that is far too much for not being able to play for a day. Get real.

I can’t believe how entitled you are being. You want TP for not being able to play for a day? You think handing out $10 worth of TP would be nice? No, it wouldn’t be nice. It would be very stupid. That’s a lot of TP. A day of you not playing is certainly not worth that much.

While you are correct about my analogy, the point remains, you were given advanced notice about this maintenance. You don’t deserve nor are entitled to any TP. It’s a single day. We had the Founder’s time extended for more than two weeks. Do we owe IMC anything for that?

@Rubiss:

100 TP is about $10. And yes, that is far too much for not being able to play for a day. Get real.

Now that I know that 100TP = $10, I’m inclined to agree that it’s too much. Doesn’t change the fact that it would be nice, though.

I can’t believe how entitled you are being. You want TP for not being able to play for a day?

No? I never actually said that. I said it would be nice. That means I would like some TP. That doesn’t mean I’m demanding it or asking for it. It would also be nice if someone were to come in and offer me a soda right about now, but I’m not asking for that either. “It would be nice” does not equal “Please do this thing”… by any stretch. I actually find it a little bit funny that merely offering my opinion while simultaneously not actually asking for anything beyond my 24 hours back is somehow “entitled.” x3

That’s a lot of TP.

Not really. You can’t buy jack all with 100 TP. You can get like, a skill reset potion and an exp tome with that. It costs a lot (relatively speaking) to buy that much TP, but that much TP’s buying power is actually very limited.

A day of you not playing is certainly not worth that much.

Agreed. That’s why it would go a long way towards showing their appreciation on IMC’s part of their fanbase. I’m not suggesting at all that this is actually required. You seem to be taking me way too seriously here.

you were given advanced notice about this maintenance.

Again, if that justifies it, then theft should be legal as long as you give advanced notice of it. Although, of course, if they put 24 additional hours back onto our Tokens (or at least the extra 20 hours. I’d be okay if they did not give us the four hours of regular maintenance back), then this comparison will no longer be relevant. But even if they do, that in and of itself will still be compensation, which would go to show that even IMC agrees that this deserves compensation of some sort.

You don’t deserve nor are entitled to any TP.

Agreed. In fact, I’ve already said this. “It would be nice” does not equal “I am entitled to”… by any stretch. It’s called a token of good faith and good business practices which generate good will to maintain your customers and keep them satisfied. Companies do more than they need to all the time for that exact reason. And this is something that companies which run MMOs are notoriously bad for. The fact that IMC is actually making an effort to not be like those other MMO companies is hugely commendable. Even if they don’t give us any TP. If, however, they do, then that would go a long way towards customer loyalty.

We had the Founder’s time extended for more than two weeks. Do we owe IMC anything for that?

If anything, IMC owes all the non-founders for that, for breaking their promise to them (that promise being that they’d be able to play at the end of April without buying a founder’s pack). And while I don’t expect the following to happen, if they keep on extending it two weeks at a time until the early access has lasted three months like they originally planned it to, then I would say that they owe all of us for breaking our agreement (“our” being the fanbase who all voted on the circumstances surrounding the founder’s pack, and IMC itself).

When two parties agree to something, and one of those parties decides to provide something extra (like two extra weeks of early access), that’s not deserving of any compensation in either direction. The party offering that extra stuff offered it of their own free will, voluntarily. This does not detract from the original agreement at all. However, when one of those parties decides to take away something from that agreement (like a full 24 hours of paid access that has already been paid for), then that requires compensation. This is like, contract law 101 here.