Tree of Savior Forum

TOSBase (Community, Database, News, Wiki, ...)

For the new instance dungeon Catacombs Underground Dungeon, it looks the same as the Cathedral Basement Dungeon that was available to explore in the iCBT, is this normal or a typo?

Also for the NPC database, can i suggest making each one clickable to show their location on the world map, or show the name of the map they are on with their location on that map?

Another quick suggestion i have is for dungeons and cities on the world map to have different colored circles, keeping green for fields, maybe red for dungeons, and blue for towns.

Looking forward to helping you guys out next beta, keep up the good work! :>

I’m pretty sure the images are of the correct map. Probably they use the same map model for both dungeons so it’s simply an instance version of that dungeon with stronger monsters / bosses.

Yeah, the NPC database still needs lot of work. We currently don’t have any position data saved. Once get position information we will add it t the database.

Different icons for different types of maps sounds like a good idea :smile:

1 Like

This is something i was already planning to collect info about next beta, along with finding as much drop rate info from monsters as i can, treasure chest locations, etc. I had explored every map available during our iCBT but didn’t think to screen shot everything sadly, i found most of the job master NPCs too :<

1. We added some improvements to our Item Database. The “Dropped By” list now displays 3 monster per row so there is less unused space and you have to scroll less to see the content below.
  2. For each item you will now see the items / recipes that require this item as crafting material.

Is a good example to see the changes. There are many monsters that drop this items so before you had to scroll a lot. It also displays 3 recipes that this item is required for :smile:

So whenever you find some weird items you will now be able to check if you want to keep them or not by simpy checking the database e.g.

This item doesn’t look too important but it it required for many items including

which is required for

which is required for

5 Likes

@Flash
is it possible to add info if skill:

• skill can be channel cast while moving
  • skill cast channeling canceled when attacked
  • cast time
  • number of charges

thnx

I posted on the false thread about this, so check my first post on this thread out. It’s post #38. Just click that little arrow pointing to the right and you’ll be linked there or the arrow down to drop-down the post.

Not sure if this is intended and will stay like this or not but currently the Bokor Master NPC is called Bokor Mama in the English Translation Project. :smile:

ETC_20150317_006980 Bokor Mama

I started reworking the class pages (which was on my todo list for a long time already). Currently I uploaded 2 new version (Archer and Wizard) and would like to get some feedback before I continue.

The first change is that I added the class icon the the left and moved the gif to the right side.
The main change is the skill list. Before the skills were displayed as tables just like in the Skill Database but it never really felt right for the class page. I think most people there want to get an overview and the tables aren’t the best way for it. I moved some less important information to the tooltip so that everythign is slimmer and less space is used for each skill.

Do you like the new way the skills are displayed or do you prefer the old one?
Is there some information that I should add to the skill view again?
Should I use the same style for the Attribute List below that still uses tables?

I like the way it looks now compared to before. But the one thing I would add to the skill list is at what circle of that class you have to be in order to start learning that skill.

Edit: I’m blind. I didn’t see that it already said what circle you can get it at. Ignore this. Lol.

Mmm… I’m sorry to say I don’t quite like the change, but I may be representative of what a veteran visitor wants, and not really seeing the briefness you’re trying to give newer players as a class overview.

Well, I’ll explain why I specifically don’t like it before I try to be more general on how much I’d compensate for changes:

• Tables were much easier to compare skills of the same class, rather than having to hover over for the tooltips. I suppose, the few main things I need to look at to understand a class is: the description (+ damage type), the CD, the stance (for swordsmen or archers) and the video is optional for me. I am usually able to sort the repertoire of skills into its respective categories of the: Long CD AoE type, short CD spammable skill, permanent buffs, buffs for bossing, etc.

• There is currently little motivation to actually click on the skills for more information, given the unavailability of the exact values of what adding skill points do. By making the class pages more concise, it will force me to open tabs of every skill JUST for tables, and not much useful extra info. Sometimes I open multiple classes for theorycrafting sessions, and that would be a catastrophe.

• As we’re feeding new info from the KR client to the wiki, skills are subject to change, and it will be very difficult to ever detect any of that. I dread the day that I’d have to hover over skill icons cause they hurt my brain right now.

• Tl’dr, tooltips scare me. I cannot read them. Spare the attributes section, nyuuuuuuuu… A cool icon for Slash/Stab/Hit would be cool, but I guess there isn’t one to pull from ingame…

On second thought, I’m a bit too tired to get into the mindset of what a newer player might want, myuu… Sheepy… Also I am kinda conscious that I just made a huge agglomerated point, rather than several different points like the bulletpoint format denotes…

Just do what your heart feels is right, for

I pray that the outcomes are utilitarian. I trust your judgment.

@Flash I prefer the old way because we have more information available for each skill at the class page. But this is my opinion. :smiley:

Ok so I think the main problem with the new design is that too much data was hidden in tooltips whihc made them more complicated to access?

I uploaded new version of the Archer and Wizard page. Max Level, CD, SP and Required Stance are now displayed between the name and the description. Do you think this is a way in the right direction to make it useable for both new players and veterans or do you still think it would be better to move back to tables?

1 Like

Ok, so I decided to use tables again. With this amount of information not using a table looks pretty messy. And moving 50% of the skill info to the tooltip really is bad for comparing skills. However I cleaned up the tables a little bit (removed class info and merged Type & Element, swapped Req stance and Description). The new tables can be seen on the Wizard and Archer page.

So what do you think about this version? If this one is ok I’m probably not going to change the Attribute tables at all.

2 Likes

I’m not very meticulous on the design and layout. but I big two thumbs up swell thumbss to Flash and Gardosen ; u ;

Tosbase is always the first site I visit for any information I need regarding class skills and builds. It’s been really helpful!
I haven’t really experienced any difficulty looking up information I needed, and I’m not even a veteran user of this website ^-^

Just wanted to send a little appreciation ; u ; / :two_hearts:

1 Like

Question: What’s the strange yellow O on some of the skills on skill sim?

Also, suggestion: Do you think you can add class-attribute? for example the one that enables using 2H Sword on Highlander or Cataphract allowing you to mount companion.

It’s “Overheat” which means that a skill can be used more than once before the cooldown triggers. We will replace the “O” witch the number of charges once we added them to the Skill Sim.

Class attributes like using 2H swords can already be seen on the class pages: http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Highlander/

If you are talking about adding it to the Skill Simulator. I guess that should be possible even though I’m not 100% sure if it belongs there but I guess it won’t hurt.

I meant for skill sim, yes.

It definitely matters since some of these attribute are class-defining (like Highlander’s +50% crit for 2H wielding, or Pyro/Cryo’s extra fire/ice damage for using specific weapon)

3newHighlanderskillsIwillbecheckingToSBaseclosely >=3

The skills have been added to the Skill DB and the Skill Simulator.

3 Likes

D:

THEIR BASE ATTACK ALL SUCK. Better be multi-hit skills… Though I doubt it cause I can see your Omega Overheat signs on the skills. Apparently more charges makes up for having decent base attack to IMC, noitdoesn’treally.

All 3 slash skills… Hmm hmm…

Sky Liner seems like another launcher skill, so that Highlanders actually match more with their description as abusing collision-like skills other than Cartarstroke and Wagon Wheel, I get it, I get it.

Cross Cut is a bleed activator, for which Sky Liner is supposed to do extra damages, okay, okay. I don’t care about bonus damage for such terribly weak skills in the first place, but maybe attributes will change my mind on everything. Never played with Pommel Beat or Double Slash to really see bonus damages in action, so I am lacking in experience.

Vertical Slash is apparently another armour break skill. It’s Google translated translation might suggest that it’s another Punish skill for knocked down enemies, AKA no work on bosses, sorry excuse for a C3 skill. But I need videos to make sure I am right. Anyway, Skull Swing was the reason to go to Highlanders in the first place, so an extra one seems dokes.

All-in-all, they are trying to buff Highlanders in the same way they buffed Rodeleros. I never found much merit in tons of spammable skills on a build, as you’d just drain your MP out. You need efficiency in damage-per-mana, yus. (I’m looking at you, Stylish gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZxyBIQ0Mo)… As much as I wanted some skills to contest the standard Highlander point allocation for Cartarstroke, Moulinet and Skull Swing, I don’t know… I’m happy but disappointed.

Anyway that’s my stupid thought trail about these skills, which don’t belong here o xo; Thanks a lot Flash for everything.

EDIT: I don’t really think Vertical Slash is another Punish anymore. Anyway, I’ll have to see how it plays out by biding my time and waiting for someone to upload from KR… Do I need charges on a debuff skill? Not really. Will Skull Swing and Vertical Slash stack? It better. I’ll put my faith in a Luring Slice of ToS, but Squires better not steal my job away with Arrest…

Also Highlanders can live with just using Cartarstroke for C1, and save points for the rest I guess. That is if anyone actually intends to go Highlander and not just cause they have to or want the passive 50% Crit Rate with 2H swords… So pretty much nobody. Maybe except that idiot who will make a C3 Swordsman, C2 Highlander build for bleed builds.