Tree of Savior Forum

ToS haircuts cost more than real world haircuts

This! i wont pay 20 dollars for a sub
Steam regionalize prices, it could help. but if the price dont change i doubt lot of non-US users will buy anything

Honestly, as a genre now… they should rename Free to Play as “Free to Download.”
It’s really all it amounts to.

If I’m going to pay money, I need incentive to do so. I have no issues paying for subscriptions, but only on subscription based games. To me, the point of a sub is to cover the base cost of keeping the game running. In example, FFXIV draws a very fine line. They do have a cosmetic shop, which you can use for name-change services, world transfers, and some cosmetics. Which is alright in general. The prices are iffy, but some people will pay for them. For $15/mo you can have everything you might want out of the game, content-wise. They even have events for holiday costumes, which you can earn without spending a dime. (If you’re late, you can buy last years costume for money in the store.)

When it comes to ToS, if you’re going to have a sub, it needs to be worth it. Most commonly, I’ve seen games that are free-to-play or sub having the subs reward you with premium currency for each consecutive month you are subbed, that way it offsets the cost of the cash shop.
If this were true, you’d have three options:
1.) No sub/full price/cost cash shop (Buy into cash shop or not)
2.) Sub with offset prices due to premium currency rewards (Best scenario)
3.) Sub with offset prices and if it’s still not enough, buy more currency. (Whaling)

In the end, Nexon will do what Nexon will do, and either I’ll play ToS or lose faith and ignore it. I don’t want to, but I’m not about to buy into a bad system.

1 Like

If I go to the right place here, I can get a haircut for 5$ with the same quality of a 40$ in a mall. Will you choose to spend your money on this expensive crap? I know I won’t, specially if there are other ways to acquire such things. If there isn’t, oh well, Dickbutt.

There’s literally no point in making a cosmetic so expensive, 10 dollars is a fine price, they will sell in bulk, so why make it less acessible?

Only reason I ever paid for World of warcraft subscription(and not for FFXIV) is because WoW offered currency conversion ( 1 : 1 ) making it acessible. Removing this conversion will cause blizzard to lose at least(random kick here) 50% of their playerbase(In south america), knowing this would cause the subs to raise price x4. Steam does the same, but not 1 : 1(in my currency its atm 1 : 2,70-steam, comparing to 1 : 4- real life conversion) already helps a lot. Like @Lenny said above.

Unless they have weekly sales with rotation of it(Refer to league of legends) I’m out, yo -gangsta peace sign while holding wallet carefully- thou shall not get anything out of this!

cheers.

1 Like

I see some members saying not to worry because it is something the Korean server, but is not concerned about now … the same can be implemented in international server.

I believe that money does not grow on tree, then it is more than essential to be worried.

Wuut it’s just a rent and not permanent?
Looks like Nexon korea doesn’t want this game to last long.
Maybe they’re planning to milk as much money as they can asap before the hype is gone.
I hope iToS doesn’t follow their path.

From the moment that option trading and sales limit in the market have changed, has become something very negative … I really like this game and I hope the international not a Korean server 2.

[quote=“FatePGN, post:34, topic:126196”]
who’s going to even buy that?
[/quote]Fanboys and roleplayers. That’s all IMC cares about.

(I know that korean text you were replying was a bait, but I had to answer this either way)

Free to Play is a really convenient phrase isn’t it? It means, you are free to play if you want. lol

My hope is, since we won’t be under Nexon, at least not for now, we won’t have this kind of problems.

Well my game play is not dictated by a hair cut so i can pretty much go on the default hair or bald, doesn’t matter lol.

I did the same but for FFXIV, i do like that game, but the sub for me now is too expensive.

The implementation of such things i’m sure it will occur, the problem is the prices, Nexon is the one taking care of it on KR, ours here is IMC directly.

Nexon police of selling, at least on the NA branch is timed stuff, which is the most ridiculous type, well there are other publishers out there that do the same.

You, and some others have to understand that KR is Nexon who dictate the prices and way the items work from CS, not IMC, its their contract, now if on our version, which is under IMC directly, do the same thing then yeah, things will go down the drain fast for them.

I don’t care much about the haircuts (albeit, since they aren’t permanent, the price seems quite too costly imho).
But the token seems far too much expensive, imho. I thought they would have gone for the 10$ price range, comparatively speaking.
I hope they will choose different monetization schemes for the international version.
I would rather prefer a straight subscription system than something like a token, anyway.
Heh, i would even like having one of the servers available only for subscribers, and without all of that cash shop crap. But i know it’s extremely unlikely that it will happen. Oh, how i miss those old, old days…

Now this feels awkward. lol

I never said I live in USA in the first place. I live in SEA. And in my country, that is expensive.
But I did say in the first place, “I personally don’t have a problem with cosmetics being expensive and all.” because I am aware that is very expensive here. But as I said, this is just my way to give my personal thanks and credit to the developer. :grin:

1 Like

NO NExon on our realese.

IMC will handle it. Different prices most likely.

I do not have that belief in 100% in the company, especially after these changes in the trading system. But I hope it be only in the Korean server (if the item limit the marketing and blocked exchange) … hope to replace it by other bonus premium.

Ah i get what you mean, i’m not bashing your thinking there, its just that, as you and me, and lots of others see out there, publishers and even some developers at certain point abuse a bit on the pricing, well i wouldn’t mind pay $10 for a cosmetic, as long as i can keep it, one thing i’m really against is timed cosmetics (Nexon US do that a lot).

Yes, i’m not saying IMC will comply to what what they stated even before the first CBT, but i do hope they do something good for us, P2W and timed stuff are things of the past, they don’t work that well imo.

3 Likes

no it’s because you are a brainless fanboy who would buy anything from this cash shop for any price

2 Likes

I would pay $30 for that hair cut and expression LOL.

Well, that’s pretty rude of you. :open_mouth:
I don’t even understand why you should bother about how I should spend my money and judge me based on that.
Moreover, it’s not like I’m gonna buy everything from cash shop. I will spend it mostly for costumes only, but that depends whether I like the costumes or not of course.

2 Likes

well guys you know about nexon now :smiley: and their crap’s… yes

As commented before on other post, you can’t judge Nexon KR, i don’t know a thing about Korea Economy and how much a Won can buy in there and stuff like that, The prices here would be more affordable, at least for US since dollar is the base currency even for most international related sales, and as i stated before, many countries have different dollar values compared to their own currency, which make hard for some and easy for others to expend money on certain stuff.

Nexon US have a different approach than Nexon KR i think, which is one of the things that give them bad reputation with some gamers. I myself don’t like the way they conduct business in certain areas.

On other hand, i saw some other publishers doing even worse stuff out there.