Tree of Savior Forum

TOS GAME suggestions.and dissapointments

Well I must say I am rather disappointed in the game. firstly there’s little to no variety in character models. the graphics are beautiful yes but all the quests are exactly the same as in other mmoprg’s and mmos I feel like the only thing keeping me playing this game is the hope that it gets better. I have waited like a year and a half just to play it and I feel severely let down by imc. ragnarok was better. I know this aint ragnarok but it feels like a sequal and or branch off. so while I play this game in beta I feel like I’m just playing any ole mmo run here, get this, kill that. its all very blan. and I’m still early on and I’m already bored. which makes me sad for the high hopes I had. I mean theres no real jobs systems I’m not really counting alchemist and pardoner I mean real job systems. you cant even toggle the walk/run button. and my favorite is a double edged sword. I looooove cleric classes so I tend to gravitate towards those specific classes. but in TOS I feel like they failed the cleric class. not only do the not have a base magic attack, they are forced to use swords or blunt weapons. cause darling let me tell you, if you equipped a wand as a cleric your gonna smack monsters with it and do a whole 1 damage! so they are forced to use physical weapons which to me in my gaming experience is not what a cleric is about. paladin yes cleric/oracle/priest not so much to me. here are my suggestions for this game.

1. add more character variety, hair color/eye color/class outfit color. hair styles.
    2.give us another reason besides killing mob after mob to play this game. aka jobs/ housing etc.
    3.fix the cleric class cause I feel like it is completely jacked up I want a cleric who has a base magic attack not smacking crap with a hammer or wand, or even do a split branch off system of cleric there could be the physical branch and magical branch.
    4.better questing, and or quests. this go fetch go kill gets boring and tedious after10 minutes.
  2. pvp system that don’t require 5 people.
  3. a little less hand holding, I play through as a cleric and a wizard and barely come close to dying even when I fight 1 on 7 on a boss fight as a cleric.
    these are my personal opinions and disappointment’s in this game I had so high hopes for. hopefully you listen to some of them ^.^
3 Likes

Lol I’ve waited 6-7 yrs and its everything I dreamt it would be. Minus technical issues.

3 Likes

^ Since the project information leak back on 2007~2008? :relaxed:

1 Like

Same but not everyones a fan of the “old school” mmo style where your hand isn’t held. Also o nooooooooo lack of character customization, i would rather have the stat, skill, and class options they put their time into over appearance options.

1 Like

you have skill points and stats. but running into my twin a dozen times in like 40 minutes is kind of annoying. and to me old school was fun

IIRC you are able to recolor your hair later with colors that are not available during the character creation. Also headgears.

2 Likes

Well, I can say that I played one MMO (Secret of the Solstice) for a few years that only had a handful of hairstyles for the characters… So the selection here is a big bonus!

Colours, yes I agree more colours would be nice, but you can complete achievements in game to get different colours. :smiley:

Yes diversity in the cleric class might be nice. Maybe someday they can add a full on, rod/staff using support cleric.

The quests are pretty run of mill, agreed. But I am having fun!! And to me that is what matters. :blush:

1 Like

unlock more hair styles and colors from achievements then? alot of people dont bother with them

how do you know what achievements to complete? nevemind I see them. yeah u get blue pink and white. lol what about blonde red and other normal hair colors :stuck_out_tongue: I have no urge to have pink hair

that i don’t have the answer to as i am one of the people who doesn’t bother with them. but hopefully someone else knows. i believe there was a thread on some of the ones people found during icbt1 though.

Your clothes changes when you equip different armors. That’s one way of costumizing. And as others have said, colours and hairstyles are unlocked from playing. The cleric thing I don’t know what could be changed really without overhauling their entire skillsets, and Prists/Monks/Acos were Melee/midrange oriented in Ragnarok. Alot of priest/cleric classes in games a melee oriented. Only Priests in WoW I know of that isn’t.

lol

In the early days of RO after it got released (least to say about when it was still in beta), it had even less option in styling your characters (heck, even trans chars didn’t have their own sprites at first, used the same ones as pre-trans). Well maybe some more hair colors but you can unlock those in ToS too, just need a little more work to make your chars more unique. Monsters, even bosses back then didn’t even have skills and they moved so slowly waiting for you to kill them. So no, RO definitely wasn’t better (understandable since it is an old game).

I love RO too but it’s getting annoying with all the RO fanboys.

lol its all a matter of opinion

theres tons of games where priests arnt forced into melee

You haven’t played a lot, I’m guessing. I have a Priest character almost level 30, been using damage spells since the beginning. The damage spells are Heal, Cure etc. They work AGAINST enemies too

1 Like

Not the flying ones lol

yes I have played a lot darling and you do realise how long the cool down periods are right

Cooldowns make the game perfect :).

1 Like

Well you were complaining you couldn’t deal damage to enemies using magic, and you can. That’s all lmao

Your own words: “not only do the not have a base magic attack, they are forced to use swords or blunt weapons.”

This is beta , I suspect that the Customization will be bound to the ICoing Shop and rightfully so, if that’s the working model I will buy skins.