Tree of Savior Forum

ToS Freemium Game Opinion

I don’t think you understand how selling tokens work. People pay cash to buy tokens, then they sell them on the market, then they receive gold/silver. The tokens are not supposed to be tradable after they are bought on the market. This is possibly the best thing ever to curb gold sellers because it gives a legit way to buy gold, and there’s no risk of getting banned or scammed.

The biggest issue is what those tokens give you. They should be something that gives enough incentive for people to want to buy, but not so much that it’s hindering without one.

Just to clarify my point:
when token is not sellable on market, gold sellers will need to buy token with real money to be able to trade others. then this will be like a game with subscription fee to them.
when it’s available on market, gold sellers can simply buy it with silver and start trading with other players.

I can understand the point you guys mentioned, it’s the demand side greatly reduced, which, is a good way to reduce gold selling.
However for me, paying cash to get ingame silver officially is a very P2W model. You can disagree since p2w definition is different among people. But I have the right to dislike this kind of method.

The problems i see with this thought line are

1. the gold sellers won’t buy the tokens theyll expect the buyer to have active premium (from what i understand only 1 player in the trade needs it to initiate the trade)

2. Gold sellers often have better real money to silver ratio then these premium or subscription tokens provide when sold. This requires both players to have tokens according to Ktest players.

3. Are we pretending like subscription games don’t also have gold sellers? points towards FF14 / WoW / Anything with a decent population

oh it only requires one person to have token to trade? then nvm all the stuff i said about sellable token then

for 3, i know gold sellers are everywhere, but at least there are fewer in subscription games compared to f2p games right?

EDIT:I just saw a test in the kTest tread that it requires both players to be token users to trade. So my original point about sellable token is ok.

I think it depends on the population. Like the examples i used WoW and ff14 i think they make so much money that the subscription fee is negligible.

yea agreed

i can’t really come up with a good solution to the token system. just saying some thoughts but im quite open to discussion

1 Like

i’m pretty sure this new system not only to limit gold seller, but also to limit player from abuse it, like throwing some trash and sell it millions.

i have experience with some game that have great market system,
catalog view so the items ordered well and can be compare,
the seller have to pay 10% tax of their things in front. any price change need to pay another 10%.
unlimited duration, but they got limit item to put in market.

the player can also whisper seller to negotiate price, so much activity in market. TOS already implement anti monopoly system so this will work in my opinion.

it will run the game economy with buying-selling activity, will help lower player to buy great things, will help farmer to sell faster instead throwing at npc.

I don’t understand how it makes things cheaper for a lower player. I see it as increasing the prices, if i was the seller i would put my costs on the buyer to retain my profit. Which would make things more expensive for low lvl buyers.

lol u reply so fast, i was editing also.

i meant the other game market system, not the current market system.
eh wait what, i dont said [quote=“thebloodyaugust, post:20, topic:125756”]
makes things cheaper for a lower player
[/quote] what i meant was lower level player can get some decent equipment from market.

the thing is because this TP system, player will only put expensive things in market, while other crap either will be sold to npc or wait till TP regen. so low level player cannot get anything in market.

my bad when people respond to me i get pop up notifications lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

For me best option would be buy to play. A real free to play where it didn’t affect game mechanics would be my second option only because in my country dollar is a bit expensive right now.But talking frankly, Pay to play should be the second option even knowing that it may hurt players game base. This “freemium” (lol loved it) style is not cool but still light years better than a pay to win game.

Well, I am really rethinking this. freemium is a good option as long it does not become p2w on the road. “Freemium” equates to a monthly fee and two ways to play TOS: “normal” access to the game or “restricted” access to a game. The second option only for casuals or those who want to test is worth it. Finally it does not look so bad…

i wish everyone would shut up about what the koreans did with their version of the game and wait and see what IMC does without ours. i hate all this jumping to conclusions crap.

1 Like

@felipetomazellicresp i am aware of your thread but its old it this was regarding the possible upcoming model where yours is in general. But alot of the information is still applicable from there.

Yes that is in the korean version, but if we sit quietly with no resistance then how can we complain when it happens here. The people not thrilled with the model are simply making it clear to IMC we don’t want to see it on international.

I honestly think they should have just made the game B2P. I don’t know why people think they should get to play an entire game for free. They are basically already giving away most of the game for free, merely with a few inconveniences, yet people are so unappreciative.

Mind boggling, really.

Just make the game B2P and sell ONLY cosmetic stuff in the cash shop

Once again i have no problem paying as i have stated. I usually pay for costumes and conveniences in games like these, however i don’t appreciate being blackmailed into paying by locking features of the game.

I would even be fine with b2p or p2p atleast those models are honest with the customer.

One of the staff members replied in another topic looks like they are unsure if their current premium method will be on international at all or not.