Tree of Savior Forum

Top 50 in PvP on kToS

Saw this on Reddit. What do you guys think about this?

The top 50 players in PvP include no archers and only two swordsmen - both of whom are dragoons. Why is this?

3 Likes

Because archers are too OP and need to be nerfed. Kappa

3 Likes

Because all the Archers are focusing on PvE right now, collecting gears, etc.

There’s also a possibility that most Archer players in that server are not really into PvP.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Lol, is the Agony Pole spawn killing still a thing ?

B A L A N C E.
Now there 25 clerics(most plague doctors), 22 wizards(most warlocks) and 3 swordsmans(all dragoons).

4 Likes

Stone Skin being OP against physical attacks explains why so many casters.

100% uptime of rank 1 & 2 CC Immunity explains why so many Plague Doctors.

Don’t roll your class based on these rankings by the way, nerfs will be coming.

7 Likes

I doubt it. In the arena gear and stats are equalized. Plus, they’ve had 3 months to level and gear up, which doesn’t take long.

2 Likes

Someone explained it to me like this:

Wizards have the best CC, magic cannot be blocked/dodged, and they have huge damage.

Clerics can prevent deaths and CCs, heal, resurrect, have debuff immunity, magic damage immunity, and stone skin.

Since everyone can deal a decent amount of damage anyways and pvp is random match making, when you queue as a pure dps, you may just end up in a party of only DPS or bad clerics, so keep in mind that’s a possibility of 4 other random players without any coordination.

But if you are a good cleric, you have a guarantee that your team will have a base support and therefore have a better possibility to carry a 4 DPS only team.

Wizards are almost the same, but they have a lot of CC and burst at the same time, so a good one can carry a team by just knowing what to do, who to take on first, when to commit, or just wait until your own team dies first and eats the enemy’s cooldowns, etc.

(pls unflag me mods ;_:wink:

15 Likes

I would like to see an archer use magic. You know, like Elemental Archer, from Dragon’s Dogma Online.

I think, they should nerf wizards damage and clerics heal/buff, until top 50-200 will be like ~25%/25%/25%/25%. Also, nerf all controls, especially Ice. There are lot of systems to analyse this problem, so, imo, it’s not about they can’t find way to balance. They don’t even trying.

Wizards and clerics. :smiley:

Does it mean that archers are bad? OR they are bad only in PvP?

That korean archers are bad in arena PVP against korean wizards and clerics.
We’ll see what our archers can do in arena PVP. I’m archer too.

Ofc, so before nerfs they should analyse, think about what will be in future, make some experiments in private test server. They are developers, they have this power.

you HAD to start another whine thread, now it will never end ~.~

if a team don’t have a healer, the one that has will have the advantage
if both have healers, then there is already a healer gaining rank points

the same occurs to wizzards, they have supportive skills, DMG and CC, so a team with a healer and a wizard will have the uper hand against one that don’t

and if both have wizards and clerics, then again there is already a wizard and a cleric gaining points

archers are just DPS and swordsmans too, but i do believe swordsmans needs buffs for PvP
(i t hink they should be able to attack while moving, because being a melee class that get “rooted” everytime you attack sux hard)

anyway, i’m not following this thread, cya

5 Likes

Who’s whining?

This is a valid point, and an issue when it comes to class balance. Considering the endgame of this game will be both PvP and PvE, this is important. You can’t have half of the players automatically invalidated all because of their class choice. Sure, it’d be fine if it was only a tiny subset - say if no cannoneers showed up on the list - but to have there be NO archers at all, and almost no swordsmen at all… that says something about the game’s balance, and it says something that should be considered a matter of urgency.

If the problem truly is that teams require at least one healer to even have a chance of winning, then there’s a simple fix: require the matchmaking to have one cleric type class in every team. If it’s the lack of AoEs from archers and swordsmen, then that is something else IMC can look at. Regardless of what the issue is, something has to be done. Otherwise, a significant amount of the player base is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to a big part of endgame.