Tree of Savior Forum

To the genius in IMC balancing Monk now

It was simply based on ping. There are many individuals that live close enough to the server that could achieve similar pings to KToS to emulate the same speeds they have.

That’s exactly what they did with this update.

That’s exactly what they did with this update.

Maybe it was not implemented correctly? Or I misunderstand how the delay is incorporated. I have pretty bad ping and am getting a speed decrease on my DP since maintenance, which I didn’t anticipate when I saw the patch notes given how small the change was and how bad my ping is.

Initially I expected this to only effect those with amazing ping and bring them down to the levels of us ping peons, but given the speed changes I have personally observed, now I am wondering what gives.

So if someone right by server is starting at a much higher DP speed than myself, and we are both feeling speed decreases, then won’t they still be faster then me in the end and differences based on ping still exist?

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone directly near server with monk to test things with. :frowning:

I mean, if they are indeed trying to make Monks less dependent on ping, then shouldn’t they give something else (a lot of options, given how mediocre the skills in the Monk tree are other than Double Punch) to Monks to compensate for Monks not being able to depend on Double Punch, their main DPS skill? It just sounds like a cold, hard nerf. :sob:

Well Dp still has its use its just weaker now.
I like EB so they should buff that skill!
It would be nice to trigger Blind Faith with it :<

Are you guys sure you are not all over reacting?

I’m sorry, but I didnt feel it that as such a heavy hit.

Depends on everyone really since everyone has different ping. My Double Punch speed did not change when punching nothing, but on an enemy it basically got gutted from 10 punches to 4-5 punches per second. If you’re going maybe 1-2 punches more than the gutted number, I doubt it’s easy to see the difference. So far every low ping full DEX Monk I talked to in the server I’m in has confirmed it.

It’ll be fun if they can somehow make EB viable as DPS.

1 Like

i hope EB getting buff and it pain me to see how monk only dps skill getting nerf really hard…

:tired: guess im also joining the ping peon team here

Monk too OP, plz nerf.

Said no-one ever

Please nerf monk until nothing left. They are too op. Please buff whatever class I pick. Thanks.