Tree of Savior Forum

To the genius in IMC balancing Monk now

rt4qefdas

How did this change come about?
What does this change achieve?
Why did you think this change was needed?
When will you decide to change Monk to not depend on Double Punch anymore?
Where did this you get this idea?
Who is the genius who thought up of this?

I usually never give any input about classes on forums (because I seen what happened the last time, IMC asks for suggestions and feedback about Monks, and proceed to use all those suggestions and feedbacks to make Nak Muay on a different class tree instead of giving it back to Monks), but this change came out of a bolt from the blue.

Its just a minor rant, but I seriously want an explanation for why IMC is spending their time on this kind of pitiful change instead of every other balancing/changes they could have done.

3 Likes

Because they dont want double punch spam being that strong.

Captain Obvious flies away

2 Likes

I’ll take that as a compliment though I don’t think the skill is so strong that it should get this. :sob:

Kims salt mine grand reopening

2 Likes

Have faith in TOS 2.0. :upside_down_face: Nah, 3.0.

XD I was thinking the same when I read that line. Maybe that genius lost a bet and as punishment was forced to pick a class to nerf - and randomly chose monk.

3 Likes

Yeah, or some crazy Monk on kToS managed to double punch >20 times per second.

1 Like

Next IMC patch :

Double Punch

_ Added 0.0000005 sec to post-cast delay.

The guy who came up with this deserves a medal lmfao … IMC never fail to amuse

It’s not even a nerf unless somehow you were hitting over 20 double punches in one second. I think it may be a safety measure for potential bugs/hacks.

Don’t think 20 Double Punches is needed to feel any difference (not like I know yet since the update hasn’t came yet, thus my small rant), the delay will add up per Double Punch no matter how huge or small the delay (tbh I’m just whining at this change that came waaaaay outta nowhere). Safety measure it may or may not be, I just wish someone at IMC could actually bother to explain in detail why this pitiful, minor change, really.

Did some legendary Monk on kToS actually surpassed human limits and attained ultra instinct to Double Punch >20 per second?

The delay won’t add up at all unless you can press the button again faster than 0.05 sec, right?

If anything, human finger delay is what will add up, not the 0.05 sec. So as long as the speed you press the button is greater than 0.05 sec, it’s no effect.

Yeah true, that’s why I wonder if some guy on kToS really attained ultra instinct and reached that far, to make IMC think of such a change. What kind of ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA did the guy do to make IMC intervene like this.

That’s why it’s likely a measure to prevent bugs/hacks/macro abuse. It shouldn’t be possible by a human, but if no post delay is added then it may cause problems…

2 Likes

(Honestly hoping that a guy really went ultra instinct button mashing, or went crazy like placing Double Punch on 10 buttons and mashing all buttons with all fingers and toes or something, and IMC was in a conference one day being like “OMG we need to stop this madman”)

Please IMC, show us the answer to this weird change.

I still think DP needs to be a (long duration, short cd) channel like energy blast. It addresses: “finger delay”, lag, ping and what ever else delay you can think of by fixing the attack interval to a constant.

Well… …
macro?

I would be happy with a simple buff for energyblast…

since skill has no cd they had to put crossbar somewhere… isnt that obvious?

I know that you can set a macro to automatically hit the first two skills in your sidebar simultaneously. So maybe they did that to prevent any macro to outspeed human fingers capabilities.

I’m trying to not be too excited, but I hope monk, sadhu and Oracle (maybe pardoner) receive something on the next balance patch that seems to be coming this year

1 Like

could be server related
dont want too many actions being sent to the server

im assuming skills are mostly handled serverside since ping cucks people so hard when spamming DP.

â– â– â– â–  netcode will kill us all.