Tree of Savior Forum

To the genius in IMC balancing Monk now

I can only hope too, its been forever since Monks ever got a buff. All IMC ever thinks of with Monk is nerf after nerf. Would be nice to finally have a buff.

1 Like

Gonna wait for the temporary maintenance tomorrow hoping for the best but ā€¦

The update made Double Punch feel so much slower than an unnoticeable 0.05 seconds. The speed feels no different when hitting thin air, but the speed when hitting targets (even with Pain Barrier buff) feels as slow as only having 150-220 DEX. Previously, even without Pain Barrier, this speed was unaffected no matter if one hits a target or not.

Not sure if IMC did something wrong in the update with the delay, Double Punch in itself, buff interactions, server being incredibly laggy after the update or more, but if this is IMCā€™s idea of Double Punch, then RIP full DEX Monk.

Temporary maintenance does nothing so ā€¦

Without Pain Barrier (tried hitting Double Punch as consistently as possible). Notice the speed decrease when attacking things:

With Pain Barrier (tried Zealotā€™s Invulnerable too just in case, same result).

This problem didnā€™t exist before the patch. If this is intended, then RIP full DEX Monks since Double Punch attack speed is now hardcapped to 150-220 DEX worth of attack speed anyways because of something IMC did during the update (not sure if its the 0.05 second delay that is supposed to be unnoticeable or something else).

1 Like

I am confuse in what pain barrier or invulnerable has to do with double punchā€¦

Pain Barrier prevents the flinch/hit stop that occurs when you attack enemies in melee. In high attack speed builds, this is a significant speed increase for auto attacks.

I am uncertain if it applies to skills or double punch.

My standard Inquimeme has been doing that for months, and my ping is pretty low. Presumably they wanted to bring skills inline with normal attacks, maybe? Double Punch is based on your attack speed, iirc.

Using Pain Barrier fixes that hit delay. The delay really screws with auto-attacks especially due to the amount of damage lines. I first noticed this some time ago doing Catacombs Mercenary Missions destroying the books and after getting attacked by the book spiders, my Double Punch speed got faster (Pain Barrier Proc).

With that said, I have not been facing that delay at all, even without Pain Barrier as of recent patches, to the point I didnā€™t mind removing Gazing Golem Cards for other options. This most recent patch, however, brought the delay back and even made it so Pain Barrier cannot fix the delay (clearly much more than 0.05 seconds). Monk was only viable as a strong DPS class due to the speed in which Double Punch can deal damage, but this change just capped the speed hard.

I notice that and thought it was a server lag or a bug.But why does that its annoying as fack.

This change was poorly planned ā€¦
I never needed to use macro to do a 10 hits per second (a good value for the ping that the server has)
now I can not do 6 hits per second. If it had increased damage, it would look great. It would compensate for speed by force. I hope they revoke this change or increase the damage of the skill, The class was very unpleasantā€¦

2 Likes

I remember ktos received this monk delay patch around the time a new function was added to toggle ON/OFF double punch. That patch removed the ā€™ pain barrier = prevent attack delayā€™ effects too. Pain barrier effects used to remove the delay on Z-attacks and remove the delay on all skills which scale on [attack speed]. I did not expect itos to have monk due to delay so I forgot to show this in ktest thread. Though I am not sure if this toggle was the reason they put a delay.

Example, look at .webm vid.
View the Skill shortcut on ā€™ key A ā€™ to see the Toggle. This is after punch delay patch. Before patch the toggle could reach very fast punch speeds.

original video link <<

that skill is insanely broken. Good thing they patched it.

Itā€™s not that the skill is broken, but the whole class is unbalanced as a whole with only Double Punch carrying the DPS of the class (a close example would be Exorcist AKA Rubrics) being the only skill in the game with 0 cooldown. Meanwhile, the rest of Monkā€™s skills are rather situational at best, and are not the reasons why Monks are considered a decent DPS class. In that sense, Double Punch was forced to be a ā€œbrokenā€ (lel) skill to make up for the rest of the lackluster class skills until IMC decides to rebalance, rework or change things if at all.

The only reason Monk was even considered a decent DPS class option was due to that one skill, and IMC just nerfed that one skill without balancing the rest of the skills in the class in return. Itā€™s like IMC nerfing Rubrics to the ground and not balancing the rest of the skills in the class.

If itā€™s as Greyhiem said, then IMC has killed the Monk classā€™ ability as a DPS. There is no reason to make a Monk as a DPS anymore if IMC is going to leave Double Punch like that without reworking the rest of the Monk skill set when there are better options around.

IMC really hates Monks.

While this may have been justified for kToS server, I donā€™t believe this change was warranted on iToS as monks already have a significant ping handicap here.

It would be great if some thought was put in to the differences between kToS and iToS when implementing updates instead of blanket porting everything over. :tired:

Crossing my fingers for a more nuanced approach to future monk updates.

1 Like

Already rank reset my monk/Inquisitor to Paladin/Inquisitorā€¦ Double punch have lost it value now :tired:

join me and quit.another anvil event incoming
:grinning:

I heard rumors of a ToS 2.0 coming up here and there. Once I seen that Monks get nothing of worth in exchange for this crap nerf, Iā€™ll join you on the other side.

sorry for going offtopic but what rumors? where can i read about them?

Just rumors that a huge patch will be coming to ToS, and that some kToS people meme-ed it as ToS 2.0. Nothing you can read about other than waiting for future news of a huge patch from IMC.

Yes, monk was all about the double punch.
Recommend to please be patient for another day. :wink:

@Citti usually every class-game patch on ktos will reach itos. Events might differ.

That is unfortunate for monk as there are pretty big functional differences for the class on kToS versus iToS. :frowning: We arenā€™t lightning punching machines here and can only reach a fraction of kToS speeds.

If IMC wonā€™t (or canā€™t) customize class patches to meet iToS needs, I really hope future game updates will make monk less ping reliant somehow.

2 Likes