Tree of Savior Forum

To IMC SHOW R9 content

Its nice indeed, but i very much dislike how imc deliver them.

Well, I saw a Barbershop on klepeida town hopefully they will also open that for hairstyle.

But then on the R9 content hope they will give free tp for us to spendā€¦ event or something.

Hoping those coming:
(Wizards)
Rank3= Warlock/FF
Rank2= Enchanter/Sage
Rank9=?

(Swordsman)
Rank3 =Templar/Dragoon
Rank2= Murmillo/Lancer
Rank9=?

(Cleric)
Rank3= Plague Doctor/Kaballist
Rank2= Taoist/Inquisitor
Rank9=?

(Archer)
Rank3=Musketeer/Cannoneer
Rank2=Hackapel/Mergen
Rank9= ?

Seems alot of possibilities that we again dont know.

Honestly I like a lot of the tp hairstyles for males, Iā€™ve personally bought 3 of them while only 1 female. There is however more female hairstyles bought for sure I wonā€™t argue against that but it doesnā€™t mean the male ones are necessarily bad.

If you think about cheapest cuts of hair itā€™s usually short haired males, to up keep such look youā€™d have to go get your hair cut pretty much every month, some men do even more often if they really want their hair cut to stay perfect. Virtual hair style is permanent and stays perfect forever with no additional upkeep costs.

Itā€™s absolutely idiotic to compare real life hair cut to a virtual reality. Real life hair is all about limitations your hair is growing all the time so the cut isnā€™t permanent, your limited to work with the lenght of hair you have and the thickness of hair you have in terms of what looks good on your hair type etc.
Virtual hairs are permanent and in a sense ā€œperfectā€ you can also have changes that are in real life literally impossible or even hair looks that arenā€™t possible without looking very fake.

If you want to compare virtual hairstyles to something from real life, Iā€™d say wigs is the best comparison and obviously price range should come from wigs that are made from real hair, not cheap.

Well I know people who still buy hairstyles, event tp while nice wasnā€™t usually that much to be able to buy a hairstyle. GvG tp is different thing entirely but not everyone was able to get thatā€¦
Besides some new players do buy hairstyles and theyā€™re not granted with those benefits.

Iā€™m not gonna argue a lot with the marketing aspect of this as thereā€™s a lot I donā€™t agree with IMC on how they do those things. But if I take myself for an example in this regard I usually only buy one hairstyle per character and currently have bought 4 which would be 60dollars. I have currently 8 characters so if they were cheaper Iā€™d agree Iā€™d buy more but only up till one for each character cause I donā€™t need more unless they release a new hairstyle I absolutely want. That would net up to 40dollars so in my case their marketing plan nets them more profit.
Obviously I donā€™t claim that this could be said of the majority or anything but honestly considering how little hairstyles available a higher price is potentially smarter. If they actually had like 100+ hairstyles it probably would be a very different story.

Obviously it doesnā€™t, but it does matter for real hair which is why I made the comparison. To make a point how stupid itā€™s to compare the two. :rolling_eyes:

This is just debatable. Some people think it is, while some donā€™t mind.

I know it doesnā€™t which is why I wouldnā€™t compare them. I only stated it because I donā€™t think hair cuts make sense as a comparison either as their so lacking in terms of what you can achieve from it compared to virtual hair styles. So itā€™s not logical to compare a price of a hair cut to a virtual hairstyle.

Thereā€™s simply so many factors in real life hair when you consider their modification and basically none in virtual hair.
Virtual hair style is not the equivalent of a hair cut which is why I added some of these factors so they could be more equal in terms of comparison.
I donā€™t think itā€™s logical to compare the two in any cases tho, I hope you get my point finallyā€¦
I apologise if I wasnā€™t clear enough on it in my original post.

I did mention extensions for example which alone easily exceed 100ā‚¬.
But Im from Finland personally and I have short hair and on multiple occasions when I have done bleaching and toning for example have costed me over 100ā‚¬, I could get cheaper for less quality otherwise but it is quite normal here. Obviously longer hair is even more expensive.

Thatā€™s easily over 200ā‚¬ here! :sweat_smile:

Fair enough. I do want to say the current price is in no way my ideal thought of what it should be. I just happen to be ok with it. Considering thereā€™s different things in the tp shop I personally find more concerning affects my opinion a bit too.

(Wizards)

Rank3= Warlock/FF

Rank2= Enchanter/Sage

Rank9= Mimic/Shadowmancer/Onmyouji

(Swordsman)

Rank3 =Templar/Dragoon

Rank2= Murmillo/Lancer

Rank9= Luchador/Retiarri/Matador

(Cleric)

Rank3= Plague Doctor/Kaballist

Rank2= Taoist/Inquisitor

Rank9= Fortune Teller/Macumbeiro/Zealot/Lama/Shepherd

(Archer)

Rank3=Musketeer/Cannoneer

Rank2=Hackapel/Mergen

Rank9= Pied Piper/Puppeteer

Thereā€™s already a few images floating around google on what their costume might look like. Hereā€™s one.

1 Like

IMC really love clericsšŸ˜¶

Arenā€™t Omnyoji another form of Miko/Taoist that uses charms to fight???

Onmyoji is a ghostbuster not really related to regional beside godā€™s power and yin/yang said godā€™s power is magic.

Thereā€™s a very thin line about Omnyoji being a Cleric class or a Wizard class

Onmyōdō (陰陽道, also Inā€™yōdō, lit. ā€˜The Way of Yin and Yangā€™) is a traditional Japanese esoteric cosmology, a mixture of natural science and occultism. It is based on the Chinese philosophies of Wu Xing (five elements) and yin and yang, introduced into Japan at the beginning of the 6th century.

-Wiki

IMO, Onmyoji is something like a shaman in eastern (asia) that will be possesed by a great spirit and that body will be granted with powers to the summoner.

4 Likes

Iā€™d say Onmyouji should be Wizards as they focus on Ying and Yang and are more magic-focused than occultism-focused (hence why Taoist priests,which are religious entities are Clerics).

Shaman King doesnā€™t really fit into that category, Sousei no Onmyouji is a way better reference if we talk about Onmyoudou.

Also, in contrast to Taoist, which uses the power of the elements,heavens and mysterious features, Onmyouji would most likely be a mixed summoner Class similar to Bokor for the Cleric Class, featuring Shikigami and enchantments.

In all honesty, I donā€™t really care about the new Classes, Taoist and Kabbalist are all that matter to me when it comes to improvement/rebalancing,as they are my favorite Classes in the game and already out. Especially Kabbalist needs some serious improvements at Rank 9 to be at least on par with PD (it would be bad if Kabbalist were suddenly a lot better, making people shift meta from Plague Doctor to Kabbalist, I hate bandwagoning mentality).

Thatā€™s why at least the planned improvements for Rank 7 and Rank 8 Classes could be released so that people can discuss and suggest improvements prior to releaseā€¦

I dont know, i have bad hope in wizard tree.
We have many bad circles in high rank, ops as well as bad circles in low rank now, most are not contributing much in high rank dps.
IMC overbuff swordies and clerics to shadowed archer and wizard, with wizard in more worrier state.
*cryo,elem,thaum are actually good as tier1 imo, warlock, chrono, sorc tier2, others are average or bad

Clerics able to support tank heal dps in single character in many builds, but the rest are struggle.

Enchanter/Sage are bad, since combat change missile hole is lesser important.

Warlock is buggy and design is not well thought, FF has many limitations.

Alchemist is just sad with homunculus 7 days, and Necro pets AI also limited its potential.

What should i expect for R9 wizards?

Same could be said for a lot of Cleric Classes, e.g. Paladin&Priest are average (post buffs), Dievdirbys,Krivis,Pardoner,Oracle,Kabbalist still bad. Good-decent are only Taoist,Sadhu,Inquisitor,Plague Doctor and maybe Monk.

Imo Clerics arenā€™t overbuffed, the only strong ones are the PD,Inquisitor and (in the future) Taoist, Swordsmen and Archers are way stronger (looking at Doppelsoeldner,Murmillio,Lancer,Shinobi,Fencer,Fletcher,Mergen,Schwarzer Reiter,Hackapella,Musketeer).

Warlock anf FF3 could very well be good. Shadowmancer too, aside from that, sage2 and enchanter2 will continue being supports.

Doppel, murm, shinobi are the only OP classes there. Lancer maybe. Archer is the worst base class right now, even SR is bad for everything except farming dungeons if you donā€™t have Aspana at least +11 T5.

1 Like

Indeed every tree has few classes that are underperform, but I mean that overall wizard is just the worst among others.
Bokor/Diev/pardoner at least as filler still able to help/synergy higher rank dps class, krivis/paladin scroll are still useful, and paladin3 barrier is great at ET and even mdef buff at superior boss.
Druid is able to top superior boss too with loophole, what best is cleric2 able to cover lot of things, heal+cure good support and decent hit counts and damage even at high rank/divinemight is universal good skill/safetyzone to against knockdown

As you just mentioned other trees are good at r7-r8, wizard r7-r8 are bad overall, which dps only rely on elem r6 with high attribite + high matk weapon to remain relevant. So I just hope dev have a careful look at the balancing at r9.

Archer r7-r8 Musk/Cannon overall is same as FF/Warlock, good damage with limited CD or AoE. Mergen/Hakka at least look more promised than Sage/Enchanter. Falconer3/SR3 also better than alchemist/necrocancer-afk.
SR is still revelant because mobility is what they should excel, if a class that can master >1 combat role at once like PD damage+support, Murmillo damage+tank, those are far off the median line or call it OP. I think dopple/lancer will back on track once no more x8 moles card.

This game is about hybrid your build with low rank support classes with high rank dps classes, which made cleric is best tree at this spot.

Archer? You mean the hidden class that must be unlocked by extreme masochists to play? :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

what classs is that?

I donā€™t know which is strong or weak, but in the end of the day, on TBL, it all comes to the same thing for me:

No clerics on the fight = balanced fight.

Iā€™m just gonna leave it hereā€¦

Shepherd

Zealot

Macumbeiro?

Lama

Canā€™t seem to find any for the other class :sob:

1 Like

So true. Imc should give us some reason to play Archer. Why would i play a class with low hp/cc resist and medium dps, if i can play a class with high hp/cc resist with insane dps? They really have to do something to make archers good in r9.

4 class of cleric? I donā€™t know if its really like that IMC really like clerics.