Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts on IMC restrictions from an ex-Goldseller:

@Nyyppa I believe that’s the stance IMC is taking with the current restrictions. Publicizing the RMT bans would probably greatly lift the morale of the playerbase :slight_smile:

You also presented some nice examples of what a flagged transaction would look like. Really nice post. I’d like it twice if I could.

Nice topic, hope IMC do something…

My question in general is if there is some way to really hurt the bots, so we can make the RMT life a little harder and cleaning the maps in the process.

Don’t know how hard would be to detect or restrict bot behaviors.

[Edit] Other thing that came on my head recently… Could mmos in general get some benefit with a currency system like Path of Exile? Not having money like gold, silver or whatever name, but trading with special itens that can also be used to craft/enchant gear.

I’m not hard into PoE and don’t know how RMT works there tho…

what im wondering about the most is, why this game?
why are goldsellers sooo interested in this game?
is the same stuff happening to blade and soul?
to black desert?
i just dont get it what attracts them to this game in particular

its new, its popular and it has a pedigree what else could it be lol.

Its an mmo rpg… thats why… Gold sellers sell it on evey single game they can enter. One person can run multiple accounts on the same machine, with stoled credit cards.
Basically ToS is just another game to make profit.

Once the “buyer” gets a token, it would no longer be traceable on the market.

Filthy? That’s one high horse you’re on. At the end of you life, you become ash/dirty… the very filth that makes things filthy.

Blizzard got rid of this issue in diablo3.
By making EVERYTHING account bound, and trade allowed only for items that dropped while in a party and only with people in that party.

Even gold was account bound.

But that totally kills the market. I mean, they DID shut the AH and RMAH when they implemented it.

They basically killed the game… Diablo multiplayer is designed around random drops and stat rolls. Trading is so much vital for diablo than it is to an avarage mmo. Sad to know that.

no diablo is old no one plays it thats why…

That is something that IMC has to decide for itself.

I would never penalize the buyers, because I have spoken to too many of them. This method is in play for some games. I know it has an impact on the sales, but even there it still happens. I know too little about EVE, although I enjoyed to play it back in the day.

However I am not the guy that has to dedicate work-force to combat them either. Being in their shoes my opinion might differ.

Stop the BOTs and 90% of RMT falls apart, end of story.

X-TRAP, VAC …

1 Like

Funny you mention VAC, since here’s the really weird thing… according to the staff:

1 Like

Yeah, nobody plays it.

The point is, they solved the RMT. BUT botters are still rampant for leveling/farming paragon levels.

I actually found a gold selling website while searching for an item on the internet, and it actually told the customers what to do to be able to get their money :

Put up 10 of an useless material for 10k each in the AH (for 100k) for example. This kind of trick, IMC will never be able to block.

Yeah, and wait like 20 days and 5 hours minimum. It’s not like you could easily grind that 70 or 90k after 20 days of playing. And if you sell them all in a string, I bet it would look suspicious to GMs that you have that 70 or 90k waiting for the retrieve timer and they are all useless items that you somehow managed to sell for 10k each.

And what IMC could be doing is to flag the gold seller’s accounts that buy from the AH. And if they managed to do that, all they had to do is to cancel any suspicious, or just simply all, purchases from them within that 48 hours.

If you save all the purchase data (for some longer time period) from AH in something similar to excel form, it wouldn’t be that hard to automatically detect and flag any activity that exceeds ‘too suspicious’ threshold. Something like gold seller’s account constantly managing to sell his stuff faster and for higher value than on average, or him selling rare stuff more often than average. And after that, buying useless stuff for higher than on average even if there were cheaper ones on sale too. And once you flag the gold seller accounts, it wouldn’t be that hard to just make the system automatically flag all his purchases after that.

This is just my speculation then, I have no idea how IMC actually handles these things.

Thing is, with the restriction on the number of things you can sell on the AH, the prices from some materials are just crazy high. I’ve seen items that are pretty easy to farm at some level get sold at 10k apiece, and I don’t mean by one player.

Then there wouldn’t be any point to hire a gold seller to buy them from you, right?

True. Then again, I find the guys that buy from gold sellers dumb… It’s hard to put myself in their place.

I have that exact same problem. I think people should be forbidden by international strictly enforced law stating that they are not allowed to be that stupid :persevere: