Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts about shadowmancer build?

So i use w1-cryo3-sorc3-shadow2, it’s a really nice build but since it looks like need more damage skills (and i can’t put at least linker 1)…i tryed w3-ele3-wl-shadow2 but it sux since it’s too much mana hungry, low damage and defense (even if you go full spr or half int/spr)… can someone suggest another build? Just to be clear, i really don’t wanna an only farm build, i think shadowmancer can be a good damage dealer, but since he needs a lot of mana, Int based builds are not worth it.

So, any thoughts?

Shadowmancer felt good with linker.

Also, anyone completed the costume quest for shadowmancer? (Lunarhider)

My friend says he completed the quest but did not receive the costume.

You need to finish with 60(or more) points to get the “stage 1” outfit. When you do, the quest will be able to be turned in and you get the outfit. If you don’t, nothing happens and if you haven’t used up your 15 attempts, all you can do is pick the quest up again and try again. Otherwise its to wait til reset day(Mon/Fri, I believe it was) for another 15 attempts.

1 Like

what stage 1 are you refering?

Already tried Wiz 3 - Ele 3 - WL - Shadow 2
You need a lot of pots for this one, I did’nt enjoy it much

Reseted one sub into pyro 2 - thauma 2 - sorc 2 - shadow 2, will try it later. Let’s see if sorc cat and atributte can compansate the sp cost. I went full SPR for summons, but will try hybrid too.

Okay, I found this one to be a good build. Good sustainable dmg with sorc and pyro. Shrink body helps out to increase dps. Shadow has good burst and single target, with no sp problems. Thauma buffs are really good to round up your matk based on your SPR, since you have INT only from equips. Firepillar is enough CC, and enchant fire is good because of your many multiple hits attacks. Since thauma is getting nerfed soon (no more matck from dagger :’( ), I will try pyro3-thauma1 variation to see if it still can hold enough dmg to shadow.

I’ve tryed the same build…and didn’t liked too… it’s strange but it looks like when you get elementalist you became really weak (only in defense cuz magic attack, oh man…never saw that high damage :smile: )

So i’ll try w1-cryo1-linker2-sorc3-shadow2 tomorrow, cryo i’ts just because i can freeze all those mobs who are hunting me when i’m with low HP and pyro really need a rework fast…poor pyro imo… linker 2 cuz i’ll be able to link more mobs and sorcerer cuz he’ll be my other sorce of DPS and since i’ll be full SPR (maybe with a little CON), so more damage yey… let’s see if will be a good build :thinking:
I’ll update here when i test it.

Stage 1 (60 Points) gives you Lunarhider.

Stage 2 (75 Points) gives you Sunhider.

Stage 3 I haven’t unlocked yet, but my guess is 80 points? Maybe 90? Gives you the Winter Night accessory.

1 Like

i have pyro 2 thauma1 sorc2 necro1 shadow 2 (full SPR) and love this spec ;3 can easly solo 300 dung and saalus and hg and everything else v.v

I’m using Wiz1->Pyro1->Linker1->Thaum1->Chrono3->SM2 as farmer. It’s decent. Works somewhat as a off-dps/support.

The build lacks offensive skills aside from SM so you need really high MATK to compensate AoE downtime.

For small scale farming/grinding it works really well but SP consumption is a problem (avoid Shadow Thorn whenever possible) and long/high-end grind like stage4+ Challenge Modes pushes the character so much that I need to use SP related cards to keep going and even keistas/premium potions.

I don’t really recommend it but it works fine with a good weapon.

A good trick for HG/Challenge Mode is to cast Shrink Body, Link then Chapparition+Shadow Conjuration or Shadow Condensation (Shadow Thorn is actually weak on links because it’s single target - altho with attribute + Shrink Body + Chap allows it to hit cap 777k to all linked targets depending on the target’s defense).

As a note, you’d need Joint Penalty gem to compensate picking Linker C1.

On the pros side, you’re not too bound to link cooldowns/aggro limit and can kill extra swelled monsters easily and as well Pass your own skills.

It’s pretty much a good alt to have but not as your main farmer.

anyone interested testing wiz2link2thaum3FF1shadow1?
ff1 for self healing

My update: I’ve founded my shadowmancer build and it’s w1-cryo1-linker2-sorcerer3-shadow2, high damage, high survivability, high DPS, and low mana consumption… Ice Pike and ice bolt can save you many times even without frost pillar; with join penalty lv10+hangman knot+passives you’ll kill all linked mobs with 1-2 shadow thorn, saving a lot of Mana; when all your shadowmancer skills are in CD, you can use salmion, summoning and bats to give the DPS you’ll need until you be able to use link and shadowmancer’s skills again. Currently stats 50 con and remaining points in SPR (about 300 points) and +5 regard horn staff stage 2 with 2 blue gem lv7.

Why sorc3? Damage is like 5% more than sorc2.

What do you guys think about adding warlock in R7 as a filler?
Sorcerer’s cat buff increases dark damage as well.
I was thinking Pyro2-Thauma1-Sorc2-Warlock1-SM2.

I really wish I can put Thauma3 in there though… going full SPR obviously because I really hate being mana-hungry…
Maybe this one is better: Pyro2-Thauma3-Sorc1-SM2.

Sorc buff gives you flat 50 add dark damage. It is zero. So you skill damage becomes from 10000 to 10050.

Thauma3 and sorc1 are great choices. Summon will add to your sustained damage, and thauma3 is a great damage buffer. Thauma3-Sorc1 - X - X builds, I don’t dislike it.

So, swell right arm does not give any matk now in kTest with dagger?

Wait, is Sorc cat buff that bad at boosting dark atk?!
Still, does Warlock at C1 add decent damage to an SM build?

Cat gives like arde dagger but 50 dark instead of 143 fire atk. It is almost nothing, so just forget it. Warlock is 10% boost.