Tree of Savior Forum

This trading system needs to be reworked

I cant trade with friends, and only 1 item on the market at a time? Plus 2 days to get your money? Wth

“It helps stop the gold/silver sellers”

Simply put, it doesnt do anything. Have you seen the chat? I still see spam and bots all over the place. The trade restrictions aren’t hurting the silver sellers but they are successful at making it difficult to play with my friends

“Just buy a token and not be lazy”

Yes, I understand that the devs need an income. However if you restrict normal gameplay to the point where its nearly a necessity to have to pay to play it normally, it gets annoying. Think of Clash of Clans for example. You can totally play that game easy without the token, however, paying does help increase your gameplay. I wish this game was like that, totally playable without a token, yet buying one greatly increases your experience. Not this current “Were going to restrict so much useful features that you basically have to buy premium otherwise its annoying to even play”

But I cant just complain right? Well heres a few suggestions I think would work

1: Filter chat, exclude “.com” and “www.” for example

2: As long as there is a way to trade, there will be silver sellers. So instead, change the way you earn money. Add more premium costumes, add option to create custom things if you have premium. Etc. Make it so that you dont lose money to silver sellers as much.

3: Have a premium server seperate from the free servers so you get more income and premium users experience less lag

4: Add a report option, and if a person is reported, that person gets a popup and they have to solve to continue (kind of like a Captcha) to prove they arent a bot. If they solve they cant be reported for another 1-2 hours. Also probably disable it during boss fights or dungeons lol

There are also other posts that have great ideas that will help players and also help IMC keep their money.

At this point, the game feels like its single player. I cant grind with my friends at all for gear. If I have to pay $20 just to do basic but also heavy limited trading with my friends then why even play? I can just go to almost any other MMO and do that. I do like this game but the trading has to change otherwise its no fun and IMC will lose money.

1 Like

I do not agree with this bit, i already know the solution to the trading system and will be releasing a video today explaning it. it solves all current problems.

Really? I can’t wait then :smile:

Advertising =/= RMT occuring. Also, I believe IMC is trying to ruin their business by deterring the buyers. Once they realise all their buyers are being banned and unwilling to conduct business, they’ll leave.

It’s not nearly a necessity, however I understand it is extremely annoying to some. They should probably rework some of the token benefits.

Doesn’t work. They’re already using 3// and C(0)M and stuff. It’s even worse to look at although it does make it ever so slightly harder to determine the URL they’re spamming.

Awww, admitting defeat. No thanks, I’d rather not have my economy ruined by RMT.

I don’t understand what this part means. Elaborate pls.

No-one likes a segregated player base. I’d play on the free server even though I can afford the token just to have that juicy population.

Good if done correctly. Has the potential to be abused. IMC is adding a report button in new patch though. Companies have a tendency to ban bots in waves, so you may not see instant results though.

That is indeed a problem. I’m sure someone will come up with a solution if we discuss these issues more.

For example, a party loot trading system like so many people have suggested. Please. IMC. Someone take a look at this idea because it solves SO MANY of the complaints laid out by the community.

I disagree, trading is a necessity in an MMO, it feels single player without it.

There are plenty of other games that make money purely off of aesthetic costumes.

I actually change my mind, it’s a good point

IMC loses money to silver sellers because it’s easier to buy the silver from them than to buy a Token right?

Well then add more benefits to the token, benefits that silver sellers can’t compete with, such as more character slots, added character customization, more XP, etc

If the benefits of a token outweigh buying from a silver seller, then who would buy from the silver seller?

At this point, the benefits of a Token aren’t great, I wouldn’t buy one at all. It would be so much easier to buy from a silver seller.

I guess. I’m seriously in two minds about this though. On the one hand I’d love trading. I really would. I’ve had some great times in other games helping out buddies and giving them gear and stuff. Those are memories that would never have been made were it not for trading.

On the other hand, I’ve also seen the effect of RMT on a game’s economy. It makes things more expensive. It makes the game more pay to win. The developers end up introducing ridiculous hack prevention measures that get some people falsely banned while other bots run rampant. Eventually the tide of new players ebbs, and the game dies. I REALLY do not want ToS to go this way. Honestly, I’d rather not trade then see this beauty of a game go down to RMT.

Problem is a lot of them have a much higher player base, are run by much larger companies and also have not been in development for 5 years without any sort of sales.

This doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea. By all means, ToS needs more cosmetics.

<3

I see. I’m in complete agreement with this too. The thing is, what do they change?

• Additional dungeon entry has been flamed by people as pay to win.
  • More character slots would be an issue once the token runs out. Do you just get a free character forever, or do you lose it?
  • Added character customization would be really nice. :thumbsup:
  • More EXP it already provides. You can’t add too much otherwise oh no it’s pay to win!!!1!

Ideally this needs a separate thread.

Here is the solution to the trade problems.