Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Wizzard builds after rebalance

Hi, I’ve been trying to ask about chronomancer for awhile but no answer so far.

I wanna ask why many people say chronomancer is dead? I know pass is gonna be expansive, but quicken and haste should still be useful right? According to the formula they gave us, a 360 SPR should be able to use those 2 at full potential?

Also, from the article, this is the description for Haste: “You’ll have to consider the effect this change will have with other builds, however, like full INT dealers or high STR PvP-oriented builds.” What does this mean?

Thanks.

this was suppose to be High CON and not STR, it should be a mistaken, the reason of why it affects int or con i will write below.
yeah, 360 spr does not seem alot; but you need the context to understand it:
first: chronomancer was popular only as supp full con, so the need to remove con and put spr to maintain the buff that before you already had, throw a lot of people away already but still viable for most SUPP Chronomancer since their job was being a SUPP so the loss of HP can be overcome without too much problem by upgrading the equips, and if you already have enough top end game equips, the loss become even less noticeable,but still can turn some people away from the class.
second: with the advantage of enchanter, a new group of chronos was starting to emerge, as INT or DEX chronos, that focus on damage; so losing 360 of int or DEX, seems not to be much at first but if you are a chrono enchanter, the loss of 360 dex for the full dex ones kills the build even if this build is not much popular as in the ktos, there is still a lot of players with it here too, or the loss of close to 1k Matk is huge for them, because chrono enchanter already does not have much damage to start with, now it becomes even harder.
and if you add the fact that those reagents and so on, even being a little use of money and have very small impact on the gameplay is enough to thrown people away even more, for me , my chrono was full int one, with dex from equips, and the lose of quicken giving atkspeed, plus the need to lose atk-dex to put in spr, really kills my motivation to still play with it.

OK, so yea I understand AA chrono-enchanter will be dead, that I already know.

But imo, the full CON support cryo-chrono is not affected that much, PvE wise at least.

Maybe a full SPR thauma-chrono might not be a bad idea…

Thanks a bunch.

Cryo3-Chrono3-Enchanter2 build is a triple nerf with each subclass is more difficult to play.

To preserve Chrono, i think heavy nuker Wiz3-Elem3-Chrono3 is great too, but expensive to play too.
Since it need flameground scroll and 2x time fragment, but it can nuke the hell out of big mobs.
Stormdust can be Frostpillar replacement, and Chain Lightning can be lightning hand replacement, plus you have Prominance/Hail/Meteor/Magic Missile/Earthquake.

And it is more cost save with only up attribute for cheaper Elementalist’s skills

1 Like

Aiming for wizz3 pyro 2 ele3 rc, put on my agny ( which i’m not sure where to drop one btw hahaha, would really apreciate if someone could anwser) and go to town crazy nuking mobs with Rune of destro + 5x meteor.

The only doubt is wether i’ll go wizz3 pyro 2 for quickast as both meteor and runes of justice and destro could use it. Or go wizz2 and pyro 3 for higher lvl pyro skills, which will be further boosted by agny.

Scroll down to bottom of first post to find dungeon drop list, I don’t remember if it was the second or third dungeon:

For me, pyro2 was sufficient (fire pillar best skill).

1 Like

Thanks a lot greyhiem! You’re da boss.

Just for curiosity, it is indeed the 120 dungeon, in case anyone is wondering.

1 Like

You have it backwards. Agny loses value the higher lv your skills are. Just an example but let’s say you have a spell with 100% SF at lv1 and 200% SF at lv 10. At lv 1 you have a 50% increase (100% + 50% = 150% = 100% x 1.5). At lv 10 you only have a 25% increase (200% + 50% = 250% = 200% x 1.25).

Basically pyro 3 only has value if you want [hell breath]. The extra 5 lvs of skill factor can be replaced with agny if you don’t want/need [hell breath].
Here are the from 5 more skill lvs

• fireball 105%
  • firewall 215%
  • flare 149%
  • flame ground 31%
  • fire pillar 43%

If you can live without these, you can live without pyro 3. As it stands [hell breath] really just interrupts the other skills due to it being a channel. Unless of course there is some hidden effect with [hell breath] somewhere.

Wiz3>linker3>RC>sage2 support/DPS
Wiz3>elem3>RC>SM2 Full DPS

Oh… it is a fixed 50%… yeah i should’ve expected it…

Still, an extra 50% on every tick of hell breath sounds quite good, as it is a multi hit skill :thinking:

But maybe not worth the trouble of not having quickast

My full dex chrono enchanter is dead. I spent 30M to get a weapon and enchant it to +11. This makes me so sad

You can reset? Unless you only want to play chrono enchanter. Chrono was nerfed but i dont think it is as bad. Just go full spr and get spr+dex gear and should be fine. But then again i might be wrong.

To be honest, I was planning to go as Wiz 2 - Cryo 3 - Ele 3 - RC. My love for Cryo and RC’s still strong and Ele’s been doing a really good job! I’m sure they will work together even better after the update.

However, now I feel that Rune of Protection will be more than enough for me. Immunity to knock down and back, plus its attribute which makes casting uninterruptible sound GREAT! I’m not sure how greatly this will affect buff’s duration, though… but it seems Wiz 2 won’t be really necessary for Surespell anymore. At least, this is how I see things.

If this would actually work and Wiz 2 gets excluded, then what do you think that would be suitable for this?

probably Kino for icewall+PP.

I was thinking Subzero Shield and Ice Wall wouldn’t be necessary anymore, because of this video, which made me think of getting Ice Spike up to Lv 15, same as Ice Blast, Ice Bolt Lv 1 purely for freeze and Snow Rolling Lv 10… I wish I’d have enough points for Frost Pillar too… but I’m not sure

you can actualy drop RC and go wiz3 for quickcast, since ele will miss that, or just drop cyro and take anything else lol, RC also work well with quickcast, it is just not a good mix of builds right now, you can drop ele3 to ele2 and take wiz3 too

like: wiz3>cyro3>elem2>RC for an full ice build with quickcast

1 Like

You should take frost pillar… Permanent freezing will work nice for spamming Electrocute. Also, when using Ice blast, mobs won’t be unfrozen. And if the skill stays with the properties it has now, there is the effect of “freezing” bosses (currently, Bosses inside Frost Pillar radius are considered Frozen, even though they still can move around. This combo well with electrocute and Hydra cards).

1 Like

Heavy gravity + Shadow thorns seems a dope combo. Any videos on kino+shadowmancer?

So it seems Wiz 3 is necessary after all. Well, I won’t lie, shorter casting time and no interruption seem lovely, but I hoped at least one of them could be replaced xD
However, you are right. It seems Wiz 3 - Cryo 3 - Ele 2 - RC would be the most suitable for now. I was thinking to swap RC for Ele 3, but Rune of Destruction might be better to have right now.

On the other hand, I’m not sure how skills should be distributed when it comes to Cryo. Frost Pillar seems to be a must, after all, same as Ice Blast. Ice Pike seems really promising, but maxing all of these require pretty many points.

the only downside is that you will do less damage then elememes and wiz3>elem3>RC>SM2 at the end of the day, but will have more cc i think, pyro>kino are also a thing right now, and pyro>elem :slight_smile:, cryo don’t do enough damage compared to these unfortunaly

1 Like