Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Wizzard builds after rebalance

More skills only make your life harder.

1. More Attribute Cost
  2. More cast animation

In ToS, i called Skills Cycle per Minute, only focus on skills that enough for you to cast in every 1min and choose the rest of classes that support it, because most skills have 30s-50s of cooldown only. Hence, I don’t encourage fancy builds with many skills, you will not use them all.

Sorc1 is a good stuff, it is a bonus sustainable dps that you don’t need to worry Attribute Cost / CD/ Animation, but sacrifice on 400 stats of INT to SPR.
KToS like it, because they very high geared and the lost of 1k Matk is nothing for them.

if i’m you; i would remove kino all together; since it will not give a good amount of spells x %, in reality would only create more trouble without helping a lot.
i would go for something like wiz2-pyro1 elementalist 3 wl3; if you want pyro+elementalist-wl.
Pyro1+ele3 would use the new meteor combo.
wiz2 will give surespell; you will lose quickcast, but sure spell will be more than enough to allow you to cast all skills, it can only become a little boring since it will be slower of course and meteor will be a pain in the ass, but only him.
Now if you do not like wl3, i do not even recommend going wl2; where masterma is a very stronger spell at circle2; let’s be true that going wl2 without going until wl3 is waste of class since wl3 alone you give you:
demon scratch (without attribute)>>6,9k% without attribute
Dark Theurge: Tough Evil Spirit>> would double the theurge damage: extra 2,7k% without attribute.
and this with only 1 rank!.
it would be crazy to not choice it if you are already at wl2.
but if you do not want wl2. as well; you can try a pyro2/3(sorc 1 if you choice pyro2) wiz3 elementalist3; this seems to be weak right now but after the balance; pyro synergy with elementalist will exist, with meteor; we do not have the numbers yet but i doubt imc will gives us crap numbers since they are pushing meteor to be the strongest move of elementalist and core skill!.
the flameground will be good as well, if we take that gif as proof, 12k-13k per hit is close to the damage given by the “new” frost cloud that i do not remember the name in the gif that is doing 15-17k.
and sorc 1 does not give you riding, but there is some sorc 1 elementalist builds on ktos, you can check some of the videos that have been posted where the guy used marnox sorc 1 +elementalist 3 to clear CM in the ktos, so at least this part of the build is foolproof already, the rest will be how much IMC will buff pyro but at least the synergy is there and is looking good, only by making one we can truly conclude it’s power once the balance hit’s live.

Thanks for your response! Would like to know if there would be a large drop in summon Attack power if I went INT?

Am not so keen with having so much Attack skills from ele2… but we shall see :slight_smile:

PS: does summons still drain SP constantly?

Don’t go full INT with an sorc in your build, the DMG difference is huge, if you want to go full INT don’t go sorc at all

I wonder if w2 Cryo3 Ele3 RC would work as new refregirator build… Because of the new 2sec reduction of RC the Need of quick cast is negible… But iam quite unsure if the lack of C8 class would hit this build too hard. Nevertheless - masterclass in rank 10 would fit in ;D

i think elememe C3 after rework is as strong as R8~R9 classes. electrocute have more spam and they adjust the hail damage. dev maybe buff meteor damage to become higher than shadowthorn 1x cast.

currently shadowmancer have very high skill factor but lacking of AoE. in PvP the shadowthorn can rekt people -_-

meteor need to be casted and aimed, harder to use than shadowthorn. if dev dont buff meteor damage, iwill be rage quit elememe

Copying my post from the Sorcerer thread:

I wonder if it’d be viable to try and squeeze out an EleSorc build with that. I don’t think there are any really decent Fire summons unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

skim in ktest r9… we having a blast talking about the revamp wiz… and you will get your ans maybe in that thread

With Meteor’s massive aoe, I don’t think aiming is much of a concern now.

so now that fireball doesn’t disappear from enemy contact, is this the revival of psychic pressure + fireball? Any videos?

1 Like

I’m thinking wiz3>ele3>RC>Sage2 will be a good all around build for me, perfect for soloing stuff in pve and general play, what do you guys think?

@TwilightsCall
i already make elememe-sorc… full SPR and its seems fine.
about elemental buff, i think nuodai + hail look awesome

double HAIL!

@maganimousflame
ah lol its so big! and its damagefactor is buffed too!

Seems good, but I’m aiming for wiz3>link3>RC>Sage2 right now seems kinda of complete

does summons still drain SP constantly?

Nope, not anymore. They patched that a while back.

Would like to know if there would be a large drop in summon Attack power if I went INT?

As the others above me have stated, yes it would. Every point in SPR increases your minions’ damage by 0.3%.

ill keep my elememe
ill turn my chrono on wiz pyro link2 thauma 3 shadow 2
idk what to do with other mage :tired:

just a tip from someone who is also thinking of building a new linker since my chrono is death and also have thought of a very similar build as you : maybe you should explore other options as well; since wiz3(quickcast) is not really needed for runecaster linker sage2; and linker start at rank 3, so you could have a rank 7 rank class free to choice from, there is many good options, even alchemist1; with their combustion hitting up to close to 4k%+, (just a example).
having a rank 7 class slot free would help you really to complete the build .
simple put: you can have wiz2 linker 3 runecaster X sage2; having rank 7 free really opens new options for the build, since again: quickcast is not needed anymore for rune, after all the runes have only 2 sec cast time right now.
i myself thinking of FF for heals, plus the curse, since it boost dark damage for 50% and there is a lot of warlocks around, and most important linker is still more or a less a supp, so this would be a perfect offensive supp character.
edit:
lolz someone posted a video on ktest thread; that is using the same theory of my future linkers build; https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=26&v=X85kRev7220 just look at the damage !. going cap damage , because of the removal of defm from runecaster+linker Plus curse!.

Hi, I’ve been trying to ask about chronomancer for awhile but no answer so far.

I wanna ask why many people say chronomancer is dead? I know pass is gonna be expansive, but quicken and haste should still be useful right? According to the formula they gave us, a 360 SPR should be able to use those 2 at full potential?

Also, from the article, this is the description for Haste: “You’ll have to consider the effect this change will have with other builds, however, like full INT dealers or high STR PvP-oriented builds.” What does this mean?

Thanks.

this was suppose to be High CON and not STR, it should be a mistaken, the reason of why it affects int or con i will write below.
yeah, 360 spr does not seem alot; but you need the context to understand it:
first: chronomancer was popular only as supp full con, so the need to remove con and put spr to maintain the buff that before you already had, throw a lot of people away already but still viable for most SUPP Chronomancer since their job was being a SUPP so the loss of HP can be overcome without too much problem by upgrading the equips, and if you already have enough top end game equips, the loss become even less noticeable,but still can turn some people away from the class.
second: with the advantage of enchanter, a new group of chronos was starting to emerge, as INT or DEX chronos, that focus on damage; so losing 360 of int or DEX, seems not to be much at first but if you are a chrono enchanter, the loss of 360 dex for the full dex ones kills the build even if this build is not much popular as in the ktos, there is still a lot of players with it here too, or the loss of close to 1k Matk is huge for them, because chrono enchanter already does not have much damage to start with, now it becomes even harder.
and if you add the fact that those reagents and so on, even being a little use of money and have very small impact on the gameplay is enough to thrown people away even more, for me , my chrono was full int one, with dex from equips, and the lose of quicken giving atkspeed, plus the need to lose atk-dex to put in spr, really kills my motivation to still play with it.

OK, so yea I understand AA chrono-enchanter will be dead, that I already know.

But imo, the full CON support cryo-chrono is not affected that much, PvE wise at least.

Maybe a full SPR thauma-chrono might not be a bad idea…

Thanks a bunch.

Cryo3-Chrono3-Enchanter2 build is a triple nerf with each subclass is more difficult to play.

To preserve Chrono, i think heavy nuker Wiz3-Elem3-Chrono3 is great too, but expensive to play too.
Since it need flameground scroll and 2x time fragment, but it can nuke the hell out of big mobs.
Stormdust can be Frostpillar replacement, and Chain Lightning can be lightning hand replacement, plus you have Prominance/Hail/Meteor/Magic Missile/Earthquake.

And it is more cost save with only up attribute for cheaper Elementalist’s skills

1 Like