Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Wizzard builds after rebalance

Let’s start theorycrafting with the new patch :slight_smile:
we need to see videos and ongoing discussion from ktos but we already can dream off

some thoughts, these can change with bug fixes and changes in ktos

[Farmer]

(SPR) Wiz2>link3>Thaum3>RC
(INT) Wiz>Pyro2>Kino3>Thaum3
(INT) Wizz1>Pyro1>Link2>Thaum2>FF3
(SPR) Wizz2>Link3>Thaum2>Sage2/SM2/Ench2
(SPR/INT) Wizz3>Link3>Thaum3

[Support]

(SPR) Wiz3>Link3>RC>Sage2
(SPR) Wizz2>Link2>Chron3>Ench2
(SPR) Wiz2>Link>Thaum3>Chrono3

[DPS]

This one will be basically the most diverse one can be pretty much anything

(INT) Wiz3>Elem3>RC>SM2
(INT) Wiz3>Elem3>WL3
(INT/SPR) Wiz2>Linker3>RC>FF>SM2
(INT) Wizz>Cyro3>Kino3>Ench2
(INT) Wizz>Pyro3/Cyro3>Elem2>WL3

Also some good thoughts from a member

So difficult to tell right now without seeing any actual video…

Seems like finally elementalist will merge well with either pyro or cryo. There are a few interactions to be explored (meteor+flame ground or fire skill+stone curse if they remove the status petrified debuff damage reduction).
Still, for me, at least wiz2 for elementalist is mandatory for a smooth gameplay. Being interrupted is annoying. So maybe Wiz 3 - Pyro 3 - Ele 3 (focusing on fire spells - meteor, prominence, stone curse) or Wiz 2 - Cryo 3 - Ele 3 - RC (focusing on ice and lightning spells - Hail, freezing sphere, electrocute). I will test things out when patch hits us, if we get those rank reset events again.

And Kino got some shine this time, maybe it’s time to revive my pyrokino too.

Kino looks looks like it has potential now, along with other Psychokinesis property attacks. Maybe something like a supportive-DPS wizard might work for Kino.

Wiz 2 > Kino 3 > Link 2 > Rune Caster > x > x

Wiz 2 for Surespell and the new earthquake to synergise with Kino’s forced Ground Type skill (Heavy Gravity), new sleep feature to amp Kino’s skills in general, Linker to gather mobs and share RC’s Rune of Protection, and RC just for RoP and other damaging skills.

I think we would need to see videos or actual skill factors before we can properly determine how each class fares now. Cryo looks like it became a freeze-DPS class, but how much DPS probably depends on their"increased" skill factors.

Yeah i can think of various Paths like wiz3>pyro2>ele3>linker pretty much anything can work now :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m particularly curious about how well Kino can be used to gather mobs with its increased target number and area

1 Like

Wiz2>Pyro1>Thauma3>Rune>Ench2
Definitely viable now with Wiz and Rune Buff.

Just gonna vomit some thoughts here.

Why did you pick Pyro 1 over Wiz 2 for the FF farmer build? I don’t see anything in Pyro1 that looks even close to competing against the C2 Lethargy attribute, or even just extra points in sleep/Shield. Not to mention Surespell.

Besides that, wow linker buffs! Lethargy damage bonus attribute + Spiritual Chain damage bonus attribute should make things pretty interesting for a lot of builds. Even Earthquake 10 will do 8600% damage to a mob of 8 linked ground enemies. Add 20% for Lethargy and however much Spiritual Chain gives, and you’ll have a good chunk of damage with 3 overheat.

Also holy crap the ninja buffs to Shadowmancer!
-20% damage bonus from Lethargy to all SM skills, with their already enormous damage numbers
-However much of a damage buff from Spiritual Chain if you’re in a party.
-Most importantly, +50% dark damage to cursed enemies. Featherfoot just became the BEST splash for Shadowmancers. Kurdaitcha + Conjure for mobs, Bone Pointing + Thorn for bosses, even full SPR builds will be running into the damage cap at this rate.

Featherfoot splash in general looks amazing for Warlock/SM. Not sure it would be worth trading Warlock 3 for it, but I’m going to have a really difficult time not taking it in any SM build.

Chrono nerfs are really frustrating. Especially since it overlaps with Sorc and (albeit to a lesser extent) Necro and Thauma, the other classically high SPR classes. Wiz3/Thauma3/Chrono3 and Wiz2/Link2/Chrono3/x/x look like interesting alternatives to the current CryoChrono meta. Alternatively, Cryo3/Chrono3/Ench2 looks like it will get quite a bit of mileage with the new +50% lightning hands damage to frozen enemies. I suspect that will be a very popular hybrid Support/DPS build.

Thauma3/Necro3 looks like its going to be pretty amusing, depending on how much swell adds to your minion damage.

Lack of changes to Sorc and Alchemist are depressing, though Sorc builds might get shaken up a bit by the Lethargy, Swell, and Cryo changes. Personally I’m leaning towards letting Sorc take care of itself and going something like Wiz2>Link2>Sorc2>FF1>SM2, but we’ll have to see whether swell adds more damage than link does. Gonna miss having Summoning 16/17 and Familiar 15/16 though :frowning:

3 Likes

Another highlight mechanic introduced in this changes is the Magic Attack Buff/Debuff, and Magic Defend reduction. These could lead to new build base on this mechanic

Wizard C2 - Lethargy
Linker C2 - Spiritual Chain
Runecaster - Rune Of Destruction
Thauma C3 - Swell Brain and Swell Left Arm
Enchanter C2 - Lightning Hand
yes, basically a wiz2/3pyro1thaum3rc-enchanter2/shadow2/warlock2 build.

I think when everything stack it could be improve a lot damage. Especially Rune Of Destruction reduce mdef will be highlighted depend how much mdef it can reduced, together with thauma to open the log-ratio gap and enforcing with big SFR skill. (giant or non giant based)

I might highlight the worst change is the Frost Pillar without pulling effect, it is 1 of the meta skill in high end content CM/ET/UniqueRaid/Dungeon, if you have Cryo3 it is likely x2-3 easier for those contents. But now the change nullified this feature, it also mean every content getting tougher and you can’t really randomly use useless characters anymore. In previous, basically if there is a Cryo3 and a AoE DPSer, the other 3 players can be less gearing requirement and no necessary need healer also. But everything will be change here

On my kino I noticed a lot of monsters resist the pulling effect of magnet pull so I’m not sure if it’d be even good even after revamp.

1 Like

How about a W3-Cryo3-RC-SM2 - problem i see with RC is the low skill point count. RoD 5…Ice 5 and yeah… since rop is interesting its hard to decide if u want to use Justice/RoP lvl.

Maybe the W1 Cryo3 Ele2 RC -Shadow 2 is an option too… if gazing golem cards can compensate the lack of surespell

RC has an attribute for rune of protection called: maintain cast which i think could be like surespell but they didn’t give details

I’m wondering how this is going to affect thauma farmers. The question is, how crippling are the money costs for the buffs as a farming character? Even with the buffs, will linker3 be better than thauma3?

For my support wizard I have no idea. Maybe Link2 instead like TwilightsCall mentioned would be best, especially since enchant fire doesn’t work on teammates anymore for some reason. Thauma could be decent support too I guess.

The silver cost is effectively negligible. If you’re using a rod/dagger or shield, then 100k silver will get you a bit more than 40 hours of buffs. If you’re using a staff (since swell right won’t affect matk anymore anyways), that same 100k will last 80~ hours. You will make tens of millions of silver in either of those time frames.

The main problem is just the weight of carrying all that garbage around.

there’s not much to theory craft with a lack of numbers, wiz3>pyro2>ele3>linker or Wizz3>Link3>Thaum3 might both seem sound on paper, but no r9 class at the end of build needs a really good reason for it skipping all of that.

would like to remind people ele3 is buit with wiz3 for it’s quick cast lvl 5 and awkward for builds with out it. I’d recommend on builds with out ele3 when working with out wiz3 or the newly buffed classes.

not much effect, it’ll be 400 silver for all the buffs (this is like killing less then 1 mob in 330+ range) and you get quick cast now, which probably helps only my build. thau been good support for a long time

carrying mats is just a hassle, but i was expecting much worse for thau

IF Rune of protection get a knock back/down immunity AND surspell effect…kind of op <.< smells like a nerv in future.

Okay then, sounds good. Was thinking of switching to shield for more sustain, unless the extra staff damage would be needed.

What is the optimal skill distribution for c3 warlock?

Although Pyro/Cryo circle2/3 seems to be a good mix for the classic Ele2/3+WL3, am I the only one feeling that it might be a bit overkill having to juggle extra skills from pyro/cryo tree. Furthermore, electrocute got an increase and overheat and together with CD reductions from meteor and dark theurge, we might not be able to use pyro/cryo skills that often even if we went those circles.

Also, hell breathe and frost tree are both “channelling”, but that also means they can get cancelled when the caster gets hit by enemies attacks right, since they do not have the focus attributes like Kino.

Hell breath only increase range ? wew its too bad and Frost Pillar is channelling now ? GG cryo good bye CCS

The notes don’t mention anything about Frost Pillar becoming a channel skill.

2 Likes